Creighton

• 405 replies
Re: Creighton
« Reply #380 on: January 05, 2017, 01:40:50 PM »
TonyD, you're fired as the game thread starter. A good run though. Who is next to man the position? I vote Marillac

Marillac will post that he is not worried about Trevon Bluiett at all

« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 04:03:14 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #381 on: January 05, 2017, 01:47:38 PM »
TonyD, you're fired as the game thread starter. A good run though. Who is next to man the position? I vote Marillac

Marillac will post that he is not worried about Trevor Bluiett at all

Marillac it is

ras

« Reply #382 on: January 05, 2017, 02:01:13 PM »
We played pretty well against a very, very good team.  Still too many defensive failures and lazy defense.  We are not a bottom feeder in this league though and it was far from an easy game for Creighton.   We are still missing a few pieces, like PF/c.  Other than that, we gave some good effort, but fell short to a good team.
I agree w that sentiment. We got it under 10 and made them work. Don't know where we will finish in the BE though. Tough conference top to bottom.

« Reply #383 on: January 05, 2017, 03:11:07 PM »

Who's this Trevor guy?

« Reply #384 on: January 05, 2017, 03:40:16 PM »

Who's this Trevor guy?

His close friends call him Trevor

« Reply #385 on: January 05, 2017, 03:53:17 PM »

Who's this Trevor guy?

Since you got a kick out of my typo, I will let you in on a secret. I am supposed to be doing other things most of the time I post things so if these type of mistakes get you all hot and bothered you could probably go to town on most of my posts.

BTW  I am just happy I spelled Bluiett correctly. Lot of vowels in there

Marillac

« Reply #386 on: January 05, 2017, 04:10:52 PM »
TonyD, you're fired as the game thread starter. A good run though. Who is next to man the position? I vot

Marillac is overrated. All his good posts are just finishing off lobs and chippies setup by good posters or from mistakes by overzealous help. Poor quickness in response time and overcompensates by taking 3-4 straight to mess with rhythm of thread.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2017, 04:17:15 PM by Marillac »

Marillac

« Reply #387 on: January 05, 2017, 04:12:16 PM »

Marillac will post that he is not worried about Trevon Bluiett at all

I'll defend my guy Edmond Sumner all day over him!

« Reply #388 on: January 05, 2017, 04:12:57 PM »
TonyD, you're fired as the game thread starter. A good run though. Who is next to man the position? I vot

Marillac is overrated. All his good posts are just finishing off lobs and chippies setup by good posters or from mistakes by overzealous help. Poor quickness in response time and overcompensates for taking 3-4 straight to mess with rhythm of thread.

lol

« Reply #389 on: January 05, 2017, 04:26:45 PM »

Who's this Trevor guy?

Since you got a kick out of my typo, I will let you in on a secret. I am supposed to be doing other things most of the time I post things so if these type of mistakes get you all hot and bothered you could probably go to town on most of my posts.

Hmmm...not hot and bothered...I was surprised you got Bluiett right and missed the first name. Just trying to have a little fun.

« Reply #390 on: January 05, 2017, 04:31:53 PM »

Who's this Trevor guy?

Hmmm...not hot and bothered...I was surprised you got Bluiett right and missed the first name. Just trying to have a little fun.

I know
I can't even spell our guys names right though

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #391 on: January 05, 2017, 04:41:29 PM »
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #392 on: January 05, 2017, 04:49:13 PM »

Who's this Trevor guy?

Wasju has been blowing it for years. Guy is a champ

« Reply #393 on: January 05, 2017, 09:54:46 PM »
yakwe was never a good basketball player but he made up for that in hustle and strength. This year his motor has experienced engine failure. I don't know why but he isn't running rim to rim, hungry for offensive rebounds, or doing the little effort things that made him so favorable last year.

It's hard to knock Ponds but he dogged it defensively tonight. Needed more from him and Creifhton simply outworked. They came in like a top 10 team who wanted to blow St. John's out.

I think coaching staff was too quick to rotate bigs based on foul trouble. Needed to stick with Owens and Dwill or go small.

I'm disappointed they didn't hack-a-Patton. There was real opportunity there and stop the clock.

Side note this was one of the worst red crews I've ever seen.
All valid points

TONYD3

« Reply #394 on: January 05, 2017, 10:00:02 PM »
Dom pointer who became one of my favorite players of all time couldn't catch and throw a basketball early on. I don't think yakwe is regressing. But I also didn't think he would be all big east like some of you.

« Reply #395 on: January 05, 2017, 10:05:16 PM »
Lacking in various respects for sure - no seat backs in many areas, concessions, temperature, etc.

That said, as a fan of this program, I loved being there last night.  It was a really good atmosphere to watch a college hoops game.  And I heard Butler was the same. 

I brought 4 guys to the game last night who have never been to Carnesecca.  Despite all of the negatives, they turned to midway through the second half when we cut the lead to 8 and said "this place is awesome"

Went to the game. Was a bit disappointed with the outcome, but I thought they played reasonably well against a very good team. Big difference between this year's team and last year's team was when Creighton went up 22, with a huge run to start the second half, last year's team would have folded and gone down 30, but this team fought back and at least made it semi-interesting.

Was my first game at Carnasecca since 2014, and man was it an awful experience. Obviously the seating is horrible with no seat backs, or arm rests in the upper level which is a nightmare when you get a bigger person sitting next to you, and on part of your seat the entire game. But can the school spring for some air conditioning in the arena at least? It had to be in the upper 80s in the arena and people were drenched in sweat. Will be going to MSG games only until some sort of renovation is done. Was one of the least fan friendly experiences I've ever been a part of at a sporting event.
Mullin on Patton;
his NBA potential:

"He reminds me of Marcus Camby. [He has] great hands and even banged a three. Especially tonight, he looked All-NBA."

Ponds on Patton:

"That's a tough task for us. He's a big guy, has multiple moves and we didn't have an answer for him. He's a great player."

McDermott on Patton;

"Justin's best basketball is still ahead of him. He continues to grow and improve. A lot of it has to do with his work ethic and how he understands the value of competing on a consistent basis. As good as he was offensively the first half, he was equally as good defensively. That wasn't the case the first five or six games of the season. His low post game continues to develop... His patience down there and his footwork is off the charts. He's been a pleasure to coach and he's obviously a special young talent."

Guess somebody thinks he's good. :)
From my vantage point at arena, I agree with comments noted.

Of course he's good. He's the #17 projected pick in the 2018 draft. Whether he was good or not was never in dispute. I posted he's eventually a second round talent instead of the lottery pick some think, and that Watson was the guy to worry about.  I think Watson proved that unequivocally last night.

I wish we had a big we could debate about being a first or second round talent instead of whether they belong at CW Post or St. Francis.

He's gonna be a lotto pick this year. Mobility, footwork, athleticism all off the charts. He's really really good.
+1

Couldn't agree more. I won't go to a game there.
Went to the game. Was a bit disappointed with the outcome, but I thought they played reasonably well against a very good team. Big difference between this year's team and last year's team was when Creighton went up 22, with a huge run to start the second half, last year's team would have folded and gone down 30, but this team fought back and at least made it semi-interesting.

Was my first game at Carnasecca since 2014, and man was it an awful experience. Obviously the seating is horrible with no seat backs, or arm rests in the upper level which is a nightmare when you get a bigger person sitting next to you, and on part of your seat the entire game. But can the school spring for some air conditioning in the arena at least? It had to be in the upper 80s in the arena and people were drenched in sweat. Will be going to MSG games only until some sort of renovation is done. Was one of the least fan friendly experiences I've ever been a part of at a sporting event.

Sounds like a horrible experience. Good to know and helpful input as I was thinking of taking my Dad to a game there but definitely will not now. 

Don't be discouraged from going.  It's not as bad as it's being painted here.

It's small and all seats are close to the action.  It feels like home to my family and I.

P.S.  I was surprisingly very impressed with the Blue Jays defensively.  They locked us down and gave us nothing the entire first half.  Then even though we scored a lot in the second half after the rout was on,  still thought we were making a lot of tough contested shots plus getting some from the line.
It's been like this forever and, as hot and cramped as it gets, I love being there

« Reply #396 on: January 06, 2017, 12:01:21 AM »
Dom pointer who became one of my favorite players of all time couldn't catch and throw a basketball early on. I don't think yakwe is regressing. But I also didn't think he would be all big east like some of you.
Kid was only ranked as high as 25 coming out of HS. Was pretty good then leveled off or even became less productive (maybe because of the way he was used) and then had a great senior season and became a swiss army knife so some people think he came out of nowhere. Much better player than Yakwe coming out of HS.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #397 on: January 06, 2017, 01:00:21 AM »
Lacking in various respects for sure - no seat backs in many areas, concessions, temperature, etc.

That said, as a fan of this program, I loved being there last night.  It was a really good atmosphere to watch a college hoops game.  And I heard Butler was the same. 

I brought 4 guys to the game last night who have never been to Carnesecca.  Despite all of the negatives, they turned to midway through the second half when we cut the lead to 8 and said "this place is awesome"

Mullin on Patton;
his NBA potential:

"He reminds me of Marcus Camby. [He has] great hands and even banged a three. Especially tonight, he looked All-NBA."

Ponds on Patton:

"That's a tough task for us. He's a big guy, has multiple moves and we didn't have an answer for him. He's a great player."

McDermott on Patton;

"Justin's best basketball is still ahead of him. He continues to grow and improve. A lot of it has to do with his work ethic and how he understands the value of competing on a consistent basis. As good as he was offensively the first half, he was equally as good defensively. That wasn't the case the first five or six games of the season. His low post game continues to develop... His patience down there and his footwork is off the charts. He's been a pleasure to coach and he's obviously a special young talent."

Guess somebody thinks he's good. :)
From my vantage point at arena, I agree with comments noted.

Of course he's good. He's the #17 projected pick in the 2018 draft. Whether he was good or not was never in dispute. I posted he's eventually a second round talent instead of the lottery pick some think, and that Watson was the guy to worry about.  I think Watson proved that unequivocally last night.

I wish we had a big we could debate about being a first or second round talent instead of whether they belong at CW Post or St. Francis.

He's gonna be a lotto pick this year. Mobility, footwork, athleticism all off the charts. He's really really good.
+1

Couldn't agree more. I won't go to a game there.

Sounds like a horrible experience. Good to know and helpful input as I was thinking of taking my Dad to a game there but definitely will not now. 

Don't be discouraged from going.  It's not as bad as it's being painted here.

It's small and all seats are close to the action.  It feels like home to my family and I.

P.S.  I was surprisingly very impressed with the Blue Jays defensively.  They locked us down and gave us nothing the entire first half.  Then even though we scored a lot in the second half after the rout was on,  still thought we were making a lot of tough contested shots plus getting some from the line.
It's been like this forever and, as hot and cramped as it gets, I love being there

I love watching the team, but honestly the amenities there make it not worth it for me to go to a game there. I'm pretty young, in good health and shape and if it's that unbearable for me I can't imagine what it would be like an older/bigger guy. Even with the no seat backs and arm rests I can deal with that, but the temperature in that place along with people crowding on top of you makes for an totally unenjoyable experience. I could barley concentrate on the game. I was so relieved to get out of there afterwards.

« Reply #398 on: January 06, 2017, 01:26:39 AM »

Perhaps he's related to alto/tenor/baritone saxophone great Hamiet Bluiett of World Saxophone Quartet fame?

Tha Kid

« Reply #399 on: January 06, 2017, 07:21:09 AM »

Perhaps he's related to alto/tenor/baritone saxophone great Hamiet Bluiett of World Saxophone Quartet fame?

He really bluiett.
"I drink and I know things"