NIT

• 53 replies
NIT
« on: January 01, 2017, 04:13:59 PM »
Of course the goal should be the the NCAA, and I could see us getting hot and making a run at the Big East tournament. But at this point, I think an NIT bid would make for a hugely successful year.

Re: NIT
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2017, 04:46:30 PM »
Agree, but I remember a day when NIT was a derisive chant and now it is something to aspire to. Baby steps as if recruiting continues to go well we should be awight.

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2017, 04:49:22 PM »
We'd have to win 10+ Big East games to even get in the NIT

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 04:50:25 PM »
Big East is tough this year. The signs of a great team are there. Need to keep pushing.

goredmen

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2017, 04:51:43 PM »
Of course the goal should be the the NCAA, and I could see us getting hot and making a run at the Big East tournament. But at this point, I think an NIT bid would make for a hugely successful year.

NCAA tournament is obviously out of the question this year short of winning the BET. Making the NIT after getting swept in Atlantis and the losses to Delaware St, LIU and Penn State would be huge. NIT is a still a pretty big long shot though

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2017, 06:14:07 PM »
Right now our ceiling can be 4th place in Big east. Other than Villanova, Creighton and Xavier, it's a toss up.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2017, 06:40:30 PM »
Right now our ceiling can be 4th place in Big east. Other than Villanova, Creighton and Xavier, it's a toss up.

How many BE teams would get in, and would SJU be skipped?
Cougar O' Malley

goredmen

« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2017, 06:45:20 PM »

We aren't finishing 4th. Lets be real now

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2017, 06:45:21 PM »

Tough to say now. I would think 4 for sure. We would need a great run during the regular season and the BE tourney. The OOC loses dug a huge hole

How many BE teams would get in, and would SJU be skipped?

« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2017, 06:46:54 PM »

Besides the top 3, who is that much better?

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2017, 06:51:36 PM »
The NIT would be a massive accomplishment for the staff and these players. All we could have realistically expected in the fall was to see promising signs of the future here and there. We have the last three games, and I'm sure we will again. However, we still have some lumps to take with such a young team and two of our top five players redshirting. Remember that and trust the process.

Marillac

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2017, 06:52:12 PM »

Seton Hall is out of reach this year.

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2017, 06:55:36 PM »

Not that impressed with them. I take our roster over theirs

goredmen

« Reply #13 on: January 01, 2017, 06:56:49 PM »

Butler and Seton Hall will almost certainly have better records than us at the end of the season. Marquette likely will and we may be even with Gtown at best

goredmen

« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2017, 06:57:30 PM »

Not that impressed with them. I take our roster over theirs

Thats silly. They have experience and solid role players. They are an NCAA tournament team again

lihoop

« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2017, 07:05:49 PM »
Does Darien Williams have one year left?

« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2017, 09:12:40 PM »

My friend who works in the SJU athletic department says he can apply for a medical redshirt for next year but hasn't yet. I assume that happens at the end of the season.

But also if we get the USF transfer he would be pushed out.

Johnny23

« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2017, 09:19:49 PM »

My friend who works in the SJU athletic department says he can apply for a medical redshirt for next year but hasn't yet. I assume that happens at the end of the season.

We'll need Williams post presence more than the need for another guard.

TONYD3

« Reply #18 on: January 01, 2017, 09:20:18 PM »

I think if if he doesn't get hurt Again he gets another year. A few other guys can be pushed out before him .

Wods317

« Reply #19 on: January 01, 2017, 09:38:40 PM »

I think if if he doesn't get hurt Again he gets another year. A few other guys can be pushed out before him .

If he plays close to this level for the rest of the season he will not be pushed out.