NIT

• 53 replies
Re: NIT
« Reply #40 on: January 01, 2017, 11:52:03 PM »
A handful of folks, particularly Baldi (I know he's stirring the pot), are getting ahead of themselves.  There's plenty of season left.  But, I'll say, if this team finishes with 9 or 10 conference wins, then there is a strong chance they'll end up in the NIT.     

We have reasons for optimism here.

Like I said earlier, other than Nova, Creighton and Xavier, no one scares me in the Big East

Nobody is scared of us either

I'm not too sure of that anymore

goredmen

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2017, 11:53:36 PM »
A handful of folks, particularly Baldi (I know he's stirring the pot), are getting ahead of themselves.  There's plenty of season left.  But, I'll say, if this team finishes with 9 or 10 conference wins, then there is a strong chance they'll end up in the NIT.     

Like I said earlier, other than Nova, Creighton and Xavier, no one scares me in the Big East

You should be

« Reply #42 on: January 01, 2017, 11:55:21 PM »

You should be

Lol. I see a big upset in our near future

goredmen

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2017, 12:01:05 AM »

You should be

I hope you're right. But nobody is shaking in their boots when they see St. John's on the schedule. Let's not act like we've knocked off multiple top 10 teams in a row here.

We caught Syracuse at a good time. They are horrendous right now. Gave up 96 points to BC today. BC is terrible. Then got a nice home win against Butler in which we were outplayed most of the game. Then beat DePaul which we should do.

We've undoubtedly improved over the past 3 games but still aren't at the level yet where 4th place in the BE is realistic. Don't think the consistency will be there. 8th is still more likely than 4th

« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2017, 12:04:45 AM »

You should be

I hope you're right. But nobody is shaking in their boots when they see St. John's on the schedule. Let's not act like we've knocked off multiple top 10 teams in a row here.

We caught Syracuse at a good time. They are horrendous right now. Gave up 96 points to BC today. BC is terrible. Then got a nice home win against Butler in which we were outplayed most of the game. Then beat DePaul which we should do.

We've undoubtedly improved over the past 3 games but still aren't at the level yet where 4th place in the BE is realistic. Don't think the consistency will be there. 8th is still more likely than 4th

But the other teams who are considered 4-9 aren't exactly lighting up the college basketball world either.  Like I said, a lot of things need to click and go right for 4th place to happen.

I'm hoping Nova comes to the Garden undefeated next week

« Reply #45 on: January 02, 2017, 12:06:32 AM »

BC could be garbage, but they've handled Syracuse and Providence in the past week.  I know neither team are juggernauts, but they've spanked both teams.  Never know.  BC could be better than originally thought.

As far, as the Johnnies....  I think we're anywhere between 7th or 8th at the moment.  If we're here next week at this time sitting at 3-1 or 4-0, then I may have to bump us up another notch or two.

Poison

« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2017, 12:23:11 AM »

BC could be garbage, but they've handled Syracuse and Providence in the past week.  I know neither team are juggernauts, but they've spanked both teams.  Never know.  BC could be better than originally thought.

As far, as the Johnnies....  I think we're anywhere between 7th or 8th at the moment.  If we're here next week at this time sitting at 3-1 or 4-0, then I may have to bump us up another notch or two.

BC has definitely improved. We have too. Syracuse, not so much.

« Reply #47 on: January 02, 2017, 12:55:56 AM »
One game at a time with this group...

« Reply #48 on: January 02, 2017, 03:37:09 AM »
One game at a time with this group...
I agree.

Foad

« Reply #49 on: January 02, 2017, 07:39:49 AM »
Ten days ago after two losses the debate was whether the administration would pony up 6 million a year for Gregg Marshall or whether we'd have to settle for Archie Miller after Mullin resigned in disgrace in the wake of losing every game and all our players transferring to Hofstra and this morning after two wins we're parsing our way to the NCAA tournament.

desco80

« Reply #50 on: January 02, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »
NIT is a great goal.  I still think we're going to hit a rough patch these next two weeks.  Creighton Nova Xavier Georgetown smells like 1-3 to me.
If we're able to split these 4 games ... we should be ecstatic.   But let's be real, 1-3 or 0-4 is very possible.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 10:46:20 AM by desco80 »

Marillac

« Reply #51 on: January 02, 2017, 01:17:42 PM »
Ten days ago after two losses the debate was whether the administration would pony up 6 million a year for Gregg Marshall or whether we'd have to settle for Archie Miller after Mullin resigned in disgrace in the wake of losing every game and all our players transferring to Hofstra and this morning after two wins we're parsing our way to the NCAA tournament.

These maniacs can't crash to their depths without getting too high after wins first.

« Reply #52 on: January 02, 2017, 01:49:58 PM »
LOL we need to remember the positive thoughts throughout the next 4 games.  Playing the 3 best teams in the conference - who might be 3 of the top 15 teams in the country -- followed up by a Georgetown team on the road that is older, more talented and will likely be desperate given how they started the season (and I can't recall when we last won a game down there).  Like I said, I'm taking it game by game with this group.   

QuanMan

« Reply #53 on: January 02, 2017, 02:18:04 PM »
LOL we need to remember the positive thoughts throughout the next 4 games.  Playing the 3 best teams in the conference - who might be 3 of the top 15 teams in the country -- followed up by a Georgetown team on the road that is older, more talented and will likely be desperate given how they started the season (and I can't recall when we last won a game down there).  Like I said, I'm taking it game by game with this group.   

By far the hardest stretch of the season. The next two weeks will give us all the proof we need to garner a post season tournament bid.
Section 3
Section 116