DePaul - Player of the Game

• 33 replies

TONYD3

Re: DePaul - Player of the Game
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2017, 12:37:00 PM »
I have been calling for Williams to play more the entire season. I have  been  saying Amar should never play for 2.5 seasons . I am also never wrong. I :😄😄😄
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 12:43:11 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2017, 12:54:48 PM »
I would give it to Mullin. For choosing the total unorthodox option of starting his 2nd best player. It is a good thing that he didn't listen to all the 'basketball reasons" and not start Lovett.
Now if Mullin can fully commit to realizing that Williams is much better than Amar, we might be on to something here. At the very least games are fun again.

On another note. It is never good when players leave and he had potential but I honestly hated watching Sima play. Playing totally through our guards is much more fan friendly.

I'm a big fan of your ability to refuse to admit that you were wrong and at the same time call others out for being wrong on the exact same subject.

If I am ever wrong I will admit to it. I thought Mussini could be decent. I was wrong. Thought Williams stunk I was wrong

Great, will you admit that Lovett was not being punished for a team rule violation in the Butler game?
No he was

« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2017, 01:01:45 PM »
WIlliams has had three surgeries on those shoulders....  We have no idea if he physically wasn't ready vs. the staff not picking up on it.

They may be so delicate that he's one dunk away from a fourth surgery.   Hoping not the case, but better safe than sorry.

What's the excuse with Alibeg?

« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2017, 01:05:04 PM »
I think I've discovered my new favorite player.  It's going to have to be Fellini.  I hope he's alright and comes back soon.

Marillac

« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2017, 01:20:26 PM »
I have been calling for Williams to play more the entire season. I have  been  saying Amar should never play for 2.5 seasons . I am also never wrong. I :😄😄😄

You must have missed his first three games. He was awful and a total liability.

TONYD3

« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2017, 01:28:30 PM »

You must have missed his first three games. He was awful and a total liability.
He was awful vs Michigan state. Put in ridiculous situation. he couldn't cover that guy. Not his fault. Since then he has played within himself. I think he makes a fine backup. Play him 15 minutes and he will do well.

« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2017, 02:18:04 PM »
Chicago players are great!  Love it came home and dominated.  :)

Isn't he from Gary, In?  Just spent 1 yr. in Chi for HS.

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2017, 02:20:32 PM »
Ellison had a very nice game, 8 dimes, no TOs, efficient from the field and played good D.  He had the glue game that let the other guys shine.

« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2017, 02:51:17 PM »
Williams. 12 and 9 off the bench. He looks like he has a great feel for the game, is much more coordinated than I thought. Showed some competence on defense. Could be our X-factor going forward.

Johnny23

« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2017, 02:59:07 PM »

No he's from Fort Wayne. He played 3 years of HS ball in Cali and his final year in Chitown.

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2017, 04:57:03 PM »

No he's from Fort Wayne. He played 3 years of HS ball in Cali and his final year in Chitown.

He's a town over from where the NCAA headquarters is.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2017, 06:38:29 PM »

Aah, I was never good at geography, at least I got the state right. :)

« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2017, 12:10:06 AM »

Close enough.

Marillac

« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2017, 03:01:45 PM »
I would give it to Mullin. For choosing the total unorthodox option of starting his 2nd best player. It is a good thing that he didn't listen to all the 'basketball reasons" and not start Lovett.
Now if Mullin can fully commit to realizing that Williams is much better than Amar, we might be on to something here. At the very least games are fun again.

On another note. It is never good when players leave and he had potential but I honestly hated watching Sima play. Playing totally through our guards is much more fan friendly.

We started the game down 0-7. I really don't mind Lovett coming in fresh around the under-16 this year to keep a bullet in the chamber. Williams ended up being that guy at DePaul and led big run (22-7?). It's a very important role..