Villanova prediction thread

• 174 replies
Re: Villanova prediction thread
« Reply #100 on: February 04, 2017, 09:42:02 PM »
Whole lot of selfish play.  A lot of guys deciding what they're going to do with the ball and not adapting.
It is not selfish it is the game plan

Yes, I'm sure Mullin and Co is telling the team to play only ISO ball and never pass.

Nobody ever gets taken out of the game for doing it so they aren't being told not to

For the most part there really aren't any acceptable options. And if you think the amount of selfish play hasn't decreased as the season has gone on, we haven't been watching the same games.
This is more the norm then the exception. Selfish isn't the right word. These guys are allowed if not encouraged to take these shots.

You're nuts if you think they're encouraged or there's even approval of those shots. Mullin isn't an idiot and isn't trying to sabotage his own team.

« Reply #101 on: February 04, 2017, 09:43:31 PM »
Bridges just dribbled the length of the court passed Mussini and Ellison for the layup. Bench them both

TONYD3

« Reply #102 on: February 04, 2017, 09:45:41 PM »
Whole lot of selfish play.  A lot of guys deciding what they're going to do with the ball and not adapting.

Yes, I'm sure Mullin and Co is telling the team to play only ISO ball and never pass.

Nobody ever gets taken out of the game for doing it so they aren't being told not to

For the most part there really aren't any acceptable options. And if you think the amount of selfish play hasn't decreased as the season has gone on, we haven't been watching the same games.
This is more the norm then the exception. Selfish isn't the right word. These guys are allowed if not encouraged to take these shots.

You're nuts if you think they're encouraged or there's even approval of those shots. Mullin isn't an idiot and isn't trying to sabotage his own team.
How many air balls from 3 are you going to watch before you change your mind ?

« Reply #103 on: February 04, 2017, 09:45:58 PM »
Bridges just dribbled the length of the court passed Mussini and Ellison for the layup. Bench them both

Ellison has 4 fouls. Mussini is mussini. Pay attention.

Marillac

« Reply #104 on: February 04, 2017, 09:46:17 PM »
Yakwe on Donte due to foul trouble...that's a wrap for this one.

« Reply #105 on: February 04, 2017, 09:47:40 PM »

Ellison has 4 fouls. Mussini is mussini. Pay attention.

Lack of hustle

« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2017, 09:47:49 PM »

What's your point? That was a good look by Mussini, just a bad shot. I'll be convinced next year when we have at least 2 other good options on the bench and Ahmed can throw the ball at the basket and stay in.

« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2017, 09:50:53 PM »
Ponds always last one back on d

« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2017, 09:52:57 PM »
That's called the trailer.  :)

TONYD3

« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2017, 09:54:30 PM »

What's your point? That was a good look by Mussini, just a bad shot. I'll be convinced next year when we have at least 2 other good options on the bench and Ahmed can throw the ball at the basket and stay in.
Point is simple. I think we take bad shots. I think we play to fast. I think bad shooters are allowed to take bad shots. I think this happens most games.

« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2017, 09:55:20 PM »
That's called the trailer.  :)

That's his nickname lol

« Reply #111 on: February 04, 2017, 09:56:36 PM »
Williams goes to the hole hard. With purpose

« Reply #112 on: February 04, 2017, 09:57:37 PM »
Musssini with the pass to Owens on the run at the top of key. Smfh

« Reply #113 on: February 04, 2017, 10:00:45 PM »

Point is simple. I think we take bad shots. I think we play to fast. I think bad shooters are allowed to take bad shots. I think this happens most games.

Of course we take bad shots. You also contend that Mullin is allowing and potentially encouraging the team to take those bad shots. And I think you're nuts.

Johnny23

« Reply #114 on: February 04, 2017, 10:05:13 PM »
Williams goes to the hole hard. With purpose

He's going to be fun to watch for 2 more years.

TONYD3

« Reply #115 on: February 04, 2017, 10:09:32 PM »

Of course we take bad shots. You also contend that Mullin is allowing and potentially encouraging the team to take those bad shots. And I think you're nuts.
A terrible shot does not get a player taken out of the game.

goredmen

« Reply #116 on: February 04, 2017, 10:16:15 PM »
Well at least we covered even though we didn't deserve to

« Reply #117 on: February 04, 2017, 10:17:37 PM »
I like that Amar was guarding Brunson

Marillac

« Reply #118 on: February 04, 2017, 10:21:42 PM »

A terrible shot does not get a player taken out of the game.

Never yank a player because of one shot.

Marillac

« Reply #119 on: February 04, 2017, 10:26:38 PM »
Dante will be better than Ponds

Foolish.