MSG

• 22 replies
MSG
« on: February 10, 2017, 04:29:35 PM »
What an embarrassment of a place it's become. Maybe it's best the amount of St Johns has been cut down.

redslope

Re: MSG
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 04:40:15 PM »
it is all about Dolan who is a spoiled brat whose father gave him the teams and the garden.  He never would have been able to do this without his Daddy.  Any other organization would have fired his a$$ a long time ago.  Until he goes, this Knicks will suck.  As you can tell I hate, loathe and despise Dolan, the biggest turd in NYC.  He ruined my Knicks.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 04:47:09 PM »
Yup.  Wouldn't it be nice if we had different ownership?  Still love us playing certain games in the Garden.  As good of a place as there is to watch a basketball game and a recruiting tool, even in the age where every game gets televised. 

What an embarrassment of a place it's become. Maybe it's best the amount of St Johns has been cut down.

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 04:56:22 PM »
Yup.  Wouldn't it be nice if we had different ownership?  Still love us playing certain games in the Garden.  As good of a place as there is to watch a basketball game and a recruiting tool, even in the age where every game gets televised. 

I don't even think it's a recruiting tool anymore.  And if it is, where the f are the recruits.3 or 4 games is good.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2017, 05:12:29 PM »
Who knows how important it is but all the kids who come on board that are highly rated, whether the ones we have now or the ones the prior staff brought in, mention playing in the Garden

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2017, 05:25:04 PM »
Who knows how important it is but all the kids who come on board that are highly rated, whether the ones we have now or the ones the prior staff brought in, mention playing in the Garden

Obviously didn't matter to all those locals on Seton Hall, to name a few.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2017, 07:29:06 PM »
Yea but you know the reason for at least 3/4 of that.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2017, 07:29:55 PM »
And I think it helps with kids outside NY, whether that be D-Lo, Dom, Sampson, Lovett, etc

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2017, 07:56:31 PM »

I don't even think it's a recruiting tool anymore.  And if it is, where the f are the recruits.3 or 4 games is good.

Sure it is.

What do you mean by where are the recruits?
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2017, 08:04:14 PM »

Sure it is.

Who did we get because of MSG?

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2017, 08:11:40 PM »

Sure it is.

Honestly, do you think ponds would have stayed if we played all our games at CA? They still do get recruits because of playing at the Garden.

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2017, 08:15:40 PM »

Sure it is.

Played a role in nearly every recruit.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Poison

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2017, 08:45:20 AM »
it is all about Dolan who is a spoiled brat whose father gave him the teams and the garden.  He never would have been able to do this without his Daddy.  Any other organization would have fired his a$$ a long time ago.  Until he goes, this Knicks will suck.  As you can tell I hate, loathe and despise Dolan, the biggest turd in NYC.  He ruined my Knicks.

Wait, are you talking about Dolan or the President?

Poison

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2017, 08:47:46 AM »
The Garden is a tremendous recruiting tool. It takes the player's minds off of the idea that whey will be going to college in Queens, NY.

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2017, 11:41:29 AM »

Sure it is.

I think the team winning more games than expected has thrown you off your troll game baldi.  You really don't think MSG helped us get ponds, Lovett etc? These guys would have come here only playing at CA? Come on now...
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2017, 08:58:12 AM »
when you walk into msg it's a real good feeling. It feels like you are going to a big event regardless of crowd size

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2017, 02:08:44 PM »
when you walk into msg it's a real good feeling. It feels like you are going to a big event regardless of crowd size
Tell that to one Charles Oakley.  ;) :(

desco80

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2017, 02:15:02 PM »
Btw, in watching the Gonzaga - St Mary's game last night it was interesting to see how St Mary's gym is setup.  Very similar to Carnesseca, and could be a template for upgrades.

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2017, 02:30:11 PM »
Btw, in watching the Gonzaga - St Mary's game last night it was interesting to see how St Mary's gym is setup.  Very similar to Carnesseca, and could be a template for upgrades.

Believe its a bit smaller than Carnesseca
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2017, 02:34:12 PM »
I noticed it too...

very similar but smaller in that it doesn't have a third tier. Holds around 3,500.

The slight variation of the seating behind one of the baskets, may be a little nicer than our current student section, but not one I could see being worth the money...

« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 02:35:08 PM by RedStormNC »