LoVett Injury

• 123 replies
Re: LoVett Injury
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2017, 09:20:22 PM »
it appeared to me that he was still limping today...

goredmen

« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2017, 09:30:11 PM »
Per Braziller
No truth to report Marcus LoVett is out until January, I'm told by multiple people at St. John's. The hope is he plays Wednesday, but staff thinks he'll be ready for Big East opener. #sjubb

To be fair, Zach said he was questionable for the ASU game and made it sound like he'd definitely be ready for today's game last week. He also said no truth to the rumors that Slice was leaving

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2017, 09:57:52 AM »
Per Braziller
No truth to report Marcus LoVett is out until January, I'm told by multiple people at St. John's. The hope is he plays Wednesday, but staff thinks he'll be ready for Big East opener. #sjubb
also our first be game is 12/28, that's only 3 days until january, so "thinks he'll be ready for big east play" and "no truth" to january seem incongruent unless the staff is able to target his return with a precision that they haven't so far

paultzman

« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2017, 06:54:36 AM »
Per Zach B
John's guard Marcus LoVett (knee) will be out Wednesday against St. Joseph's, per source. Didn't make the trip with the team to Mohegan Sun. #sjubb

Poison

« Reply #44 on: December 19, 2017, 08:41:05 AM »
Per Braziller

To be fair, Zach said he was questionable for the ASU game and made it sound like he'd definitely be ready for today's game last week. He also said no truth to the rumors that Slice was leaving

Fake news?

Foad

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2017, 08:41:43 AM »
it appeared to me that he was still limping today...

Psych-ops.

pmg911

« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2017, 08:44:11 AM »
Per Zach B
John's guard Marcus LoVett (knee) will be out Wednesday against St. Joseph's, per source. Didn't make the trip with the team to Mohegan Sun. #sjubb

Unless he has finals for the semester, why isn't he making the trip to CT..? I could see not going across the country but no short drive north..?

hnk

« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2017, 08:57:02 AM »
Head case??????? Or case of bad knees?

Johnny23

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2017, 09:01:07 AM »
Better to play it safe and have him full bore for conference play.

TONYD3

« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2017, 10:55:13 AM »
Per Zach B

Unless he has finals for the semester, why isn't he making the trip to CT..? I could see not going across the country but no short drive north..?
Agreed

« Reply #50 on: December 19, 2017, 12:46:15 PM »
Supposedly, took a flight home to LA on Sunday.  Whole team gets to go home for Christmas following tomorrow's game, so he was given permission to spend some extra time with his family.

I'm sure there are those who will see this as a precursor to his transferring out or having his leg amputated, but maybe it is just what it appears to be: he was going to be held out so he was allowed a few extra days with his family.

paultzman

« Reply #51 on: December 19, 2017, 12:48:34 PM »
Marcus LoVett was merely given a few extra days off. Entire team will go home for a few days after tomorrow.  twitter
Zach B
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 12:49:48 PM by paultzman »

goredmen

« Reply #52 on: December 19, 2017, 04:28:31 PM »
Per Braziller

Fake news?

So Braziller has been wrong about this injury every step of the way. He might as well be on CNN

Foad

« Reply #53 on: December 19, 2017, 04:40:05 PM »
Per Braziller

Fake news?

So Braziller has been wrong about this injury every step of the way. He might as well be on CNN

He seems to have been correct about his not playing vs Arizona St and about ML not making the trip to Mohegan and about ML having gone to CA. So evidently you might as well be CNN.

goredmen

« Reply #54 on: December 19, 2017, 04:43:12 PM »
Per Braziller

Fake news?

He seems to have been correct about his not playing vs Arizona St and about ML not making the trip to Mohegan and about ML having gone to CA. So evidently you might as well be CNN.

I guess his original reporting of "Lovett is unlikely for Arizona State but should be good for the Iona game" was correct.

https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/937117882500222976
« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 04:45:16 PM by goredmen »

hnk

« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2017, 04:48:10 PM »
Some people think he was good for the Iona game, but just didn't play.  Head case? Or bad knees?  Neither will help his chances of "going to the league" anytime soon

Foad

« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2017, 05:00:00 PM »
Per Braziller

Fake news?

I guess his original reporting of "Lovett is unlikely for Arizona State but should be good for the Iona game" was correct.

No, that was incorrect, as  was your characterization of him being wrong "every step of the way." If you're slander someone by accusing them of being incorrect "every step of the way" then you should be correct every step of the way, lest you look like a nice person. Because he was as half right as you.

goredmen

« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2017, 05:18:03 PM »
Per Braziller

Fake news?

No, that was incorrect, as  was your characterization of him being wrong "every step of the way." If you're slander someone by accusing them of being incorrect "every step of the way" then you should be correct every step of the way, lest you look like a nice person. Because he was as half right as you.

Braziller doesn't think the injury is serious despite Lovett missing about a whole month's worth of games
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/937058552325332992

Brazille thinks Lovett will make the west coast trip:
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/937125169134559232

He thinks decent chance Lovett will meet team out West for Arizona State game (That was 2 weeks ago and Lovett still is not playing)
https://twitter.com/NYPost_Brazille/status/937486539948548096

So he's basically just guessing like everybody else. But hey, he'll be right eventually. Just like he was on the Slice thing. Braziller reported there was no truth to the rumor that Slice was leaving until Braziller reported that Slice was leaving

« Reply #58 on: December 19, 2017, 06:54:18 PM »
I talked to Marcus briefly after the Iona game. He said he’s “day to day.”  Did not notice a limp

Foad

« Reply #59 on: December 19, 2017, 08:18:56 PM »
So he's basically just guessing like everybody else. But hey, he'll be right eventually. Just like he was on the Slice thing. Braziller reported there was no truth to the rumor that Slice was leaving until Braziller reported that Slice was leaving

Here is what I know about truth: nearly everything everyone tells you is a lie and the more false it is the louder it is repeated more often.

So I don't believe half of anything I read in the NY Post, much less everything. The fact that some things I read turn out to be false I find reassuring. That you expect even half of it to be true is at best a measure of your gullibility. It has nothing to do with the paper's reliability.

I know where ZB gets his information and know why he spins it the way he does and take it all with less than a grain of salt. Lovett's hurt, he's not hurt, he's back, he's not back, he's flying to California, or he's not. What. Ever. That these rumors are not always true all of the time is less of a story half the time than the fact that they're not true most of the time. (Read it again it makes perfect sense). Sports journalism is idiots who can't write spreading rumors for imbeciles who can barely read about issues that both of them hardly understand. I guess if you want to get upset about it that's your prerogative. They're 8 and 2, tomorrow this time they'll be 9 and 2, there's not a lot of solace for the chronic malcontents. My advice is wait a couple of weeks, the regular season'll set in and disappointment will abound.