Providence game

• 188 replies
Re: Providence game
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2017, 09:58:27 AM »
Two quick fouls away from Yakwe, Amar or Trimble playing substantial BE minutes. Not ideal.
Providence 78 ST Johns 69

paultzman

« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2017, 10:58:58 AM »
Per Zach B
St Johns will host top 2019 targets Kofi Cockburn and Aidan Igiehon along with 2021 Jaquan Carlos today against Providence. #sjubb

desco80

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2017, 11:26:12 AM »
Game is on YES locally

MCNPA

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2017, 11:26:18 AM »
Per Zach B
St Johns will host top 2019 targets Kofi Cockburn and Aidan Igiehon along with 2021 Jaquan Carlos today against Providence. #sjubb
. All big timers!

derk

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2017, 11:39:33 AM »
It would be great to get a win to start conference play.

Plus, if we don't get a win here, then we're probably staring at an 0-3 start in Big East play.  If that happens, it will be an uphill climb the rest of the way.

Seton hall and creighton have nice teams but I wouldn’t chuck those up as loses just yet. Obviously providence game is huge but so is every conference game. Nothing is any easy win

Very difficult without Lovett and a short bench on the road.

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2017, 11:45:32 AM »
Game is on YES locally

Here's the listing of channels for tonight's game:

AT&T SportsNet Pittsburgh
AT&T SportsNet Rocky Mountain
FOX Sports Arizona PLUS
FOX Sports Detroit PLUS
FOX Sports Midwest PLUS
FOX Sports North PLUS
FOX Sports Ohio
FOX Sports South
FOX Sports Southwest or PLUS+
FOX Sports Sun+
FOX Sports West
FOX Sports Wisconsin PLUS
MASN2
ROOT Sports Northwest
YES
YurView - New England

desco80

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2017, 01:12:47 PM »
Two quick fouls away from Yakwe, Amar or Trimble playing substantial BE minutes. Not ideal.

Yakwe playing 15-20mins is going to have to become the norm in BE play.   

How he plays is the question most of us have. 

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2017, 01:21:25 PM »

Yakwe playing 15-20mins is going to have to become the norm in BE play.   

How he plays is the question most of us have. 

What is invisible Alex

QuanMan

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2017, 01:52:30 PM »
The crowd in Queens tonight will be out for blood with or without Marcus. The roof might come off after the first Johnnies run. I expect to be sweating through my shirt and loving every minute of it, get me to 7P.
Section 3
Section 116

Marillac

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2017, 02:14:50 PM »

I don't think it's fair to lump Yakwe in there. I think he's been relatively impressive this year. He's the only player that can score around the basket.  Also, Trimble doesn't hurt us. AA does. He hasn't progressed at all in three years and that is very deflatIng. He should have gone to a program that runs a more structured system.

This isn't a must win, but we'll be fighting an uphill battle the rest of the way with a home loss. Protect the home court and steal a few on the road.

Johnnies by 4.

« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2017, 02:21:00 PM »

I don't think it's fair to lump Yakwe in there. I think he's been relatively impressive this year. He's the only player that can score around the basket.  Also, Trimble doesn't hurt us. AA does. He hasn't progressed at all in three years and that is very deflatIng. He should have gone to a program that runs a more structured system.

This isn't a must win, but we'll be fighting an uphill battle the rest of the way with a home loss. Protect the home court and steal a few on the road.

Johnnies by 4.

You’d take yakwe around the basket over clark?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 02:33:01 PM »

Johnnies by 4.

I predict Yakwe and I have similar stats tonight. I go for 0 and 0. Yakwe 2 and 1.

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 02:42:18 PM »

Johnnies by 4.

I predict Yakwe and I have similar stats tonight. I go for 0 and 0. Yakwe 2 and 1.
So you're predicting an offensive explosion from Yakwe tonight and him turning into the windex man on the glass.  :)

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 03:31:30 PM »

Johnnies by 4.

So you're predicting an offensive explosion from Yakwe tonight and him turning into the windex man on the glass.  :)

I mean at some point he has to accidentally get a bounce right?

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 03:51:11 PM »

Johnnies by 4.

I mean at some point he has to accidentally get a bounce right?

It would be really hard to do, but I think Yakwe can pull off a 20 minute blank stat sheet.
I predict there will be a game this year where Yakwe plays 20 minutes and does not accumulate any stats.

Foad

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 04:13:18 PM »
I'm too drunk busy too read the entire thread, can someone catch me up on what the worst fan base in the world is exercised about today?

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 04:21:23 PM »
I'm too drunk busy too read the entire thread, can someone catch me up on what the worst fan base in the world is exercised about today?

Mostly angst, conspiracy theories and complaints about Lovett.

Foad

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2017, 04:41:49 PM »
Lovett

He's not very good at basketball. I hope he transfers.

Sorry wrong thread.

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2017, 07:06:50 PM »
Good start for the Johnnies up 8-2 under 17 minutes.

« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2017, 07:08:46 PM »
Two quick fouls on Owens, and we're now tied at 8.  Providence going to the line for an "And 1."