Zach - Post ...why knock him?

• 42 replies
Zach - Post ...why knock him?
« on: December 30, 2017, 12:13:36 PM »
Picking up from Shamorie thread...

Why do some of the posters here get on Zach from NY Post?

He may not be right 100% of time, but he's the only NY sports major media guy giving us insight regularly besides the bloggers and few insiders here who know some things too.  Only met him once but seemed like a really good guy.

I'm glad he has an inside scoop and shares what he does, when he can.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:15:13 PM by RedStormNC »

Re: Zach - Post ...why knock him?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 12:30:21 PM »
The Lavin guys on this board can't/won't forgive him for his poor relationship and antagonism towards Lavin.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 12:38:02 PM »
It’s. I’ve to have a reporter to have interest in  St. John’s.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 02:05:39 PM »
Picking up from Shamorie thread...

Why do some of the posters here get on Zach from NY Post?

He may not be right 100% of time, but he's the only NY sports major media guy giving us insight regularly besides the bloggers and few insiders here who know some things too.  Only met him once but seemed like a really good guy.

I'm glad he has an inside scoop and shares what he does, when he can.
Zach was overly critical of the previous regime because they refused to give him any information. He's now being overly positive to the current staff because they do feed him info.  He's only looking out for himself by promoting Mullin because thats what's best for him.

goredmen

« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 02:12:56 PM »
My disdain for Zach started before he even started covering SJU. His favorite thing to do would be to write a a big juicy headline that mostly wasn't true, just for eyeballs. Old fashioned clickbait. He then a whole story based on zero facts and then months later when it was proven that his story was a bunch on BS, he refused to write a correction or follow-up and offered a terrible excuse when asked about it. So basically he had no interest in being an actual journalist because the original story was much juicier than the correction. But I won't get into details on that.

If I had to choose between this staff and the previous staff, I would choose this staff 100 out of 100 times. That said, Zach has become nothing but a mouthpiece for the current staff, continuing to publish stuff that he knows may or may not be true. That is not helpful to us as fans, and that is not his job. When Marillac started the Slice rumors and that spread around the fanbase, naturally the fans started asking Zach on Twitter if the rumors were true. Not only did Zach flat-out deny they were true, he mocked anybody that would ask. So either he's not actually fully plugged in or he knew what Marillac knew but denied them because staff wanted those rumors squashed until Slice actually left. Now, how does that benefit us as fans if Zach is knowingly lying to us?

Basically, ZB has essentially become what Marco Baldi is here in that he has his own agenda and posts stuff just to fit that agenda, regardless of if there is any truth to it. Aside from ZB being pro-SJU and Baldi being anti-SJU, the only difference is Zach is actually supposed to be a journalist and shouldn't just be the propaganda machine for the staff.

I get thats how the game is played and if the staff wants a fluff piece on how successful the transfers have been and what-not that's fine, but continuing to spread false info to the fans doesn't benefit us. But hey, if you are fine with that just because you're happy somebody is covering SJU, that's cool

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 02:20:03 PM »
Zach is a good guy and i am happy he covers SJU basketball

I do agree he is a moth piece for the current coaching staff- specifically our lead recruiter.  He also then directs that info to one of the main "insiders" on here and redmen.  The previous regime did not give him the info and he became upset with them.  Interestingly enough the previous regime was close with Lenn Robbins and Roger Rubin (formerly Daily News) but they did not feel that way about Zach.

I've noticed that "The Maven" goes off on Zach on twitter for reporting false information as well.

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 02:43:30 PM »
My disdain for Zach started before he even started covering SJU. His favorite thing to do would be to write a a big juicy headline that mostly wasn't true, just for eyeballs. Old fashioned clickbait. He then a whole story based on zero facts and then months later when it was proven that his story was a bunch on BS, he refused to write a correction or follow-up and offered a terrible excuse when asked about it. So basically he had no interest in being an actual journalist because the original story was much juicier than the correction. But I won't get into details on that.

If I had to choose between this staff and the previous staff, I would choose this staff 100 out of 100 times. That said, Zach has become nothing but a mouthpiece for the current staff, continuing to publish stuff that he knows may or may not be true. That is not helpful to us as fans, and that is not his job. When Marillac started the Slice rumors and that spread around the fanbase, naturally the fans started asking Zach on Twitter if the rumors were true. Not only did Zach flat-out deny they were true, he mocked anybody that would ask. So either he's not actually fully plugged in or he knew what Marillac knew but denied them because staff wanted those rumors squashed until Slice actually left. Now, how does that benefit us as fans if Zach is knowingly lying to us?

Basically, ZB has essentially become what Marco Baldi is here in that he has his own agenda and posts stuff just to fit that agenda, regardless of if there is any truth to it. Aside from ZB being pro-SJU and Baldi being anti-SJU, the only difference is Zach is actually supposed to be a journalist and shouldn't just be the propaganda machine for the staff.

I get thats how the game is played and if the staff wants a fluff piece on how successful the transfers have been and what-not that's fine, but continuing to spread false info to the fans doesn't benefit us. But hey, if you are fine with that just because you're happy somebody is covering SJU, that's cool

Didn't know you thought so highly of me

Foad

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 04:40:18 PM »
My disdain for Zach started before he even started covering SJU. His favorite thing to do would be to write a a big juicy headline that mostly wasn't true, just for eyeballs. Old fashioned clickbait.

Reporters don't write headlines. Editors write headlines.

goredmen

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 04:55:38 PM »
My disdain for Zach started before he even started covering SJU. His favorite thing to do would be to write a a big juicy headline that mostly wasn't true, just for eyeballs. Old fashioned clickbait.

The point stands that he'd write a juicy story based on no facts and then offer no retraction, correction or even just an update when it was inevitably proven his original story was garbage

Foad

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2017, 05:13:42 PM »

The point stands that he'd write a juicy story based on no facts and then offer no retraction, correction or even just an update when it was inevitably proven his original story was garbage

Okay I'll bite. I don't believe hardly anything printed in the NY Times. Therefore I don't read the NY Times. I don't believe hardly anything reported by MSNBC. Therefore I don't watch MSNBC.  If you don't believe what ZB writes, why do you pay attention to ZB? A step further, if you pay attention, why when ZB writes something don't you assume that the opposite is true?

goredmen

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »

Okay I'll bite. I don't believe hardly anything printed in the NY Times. Therefore I don't read the NY Times. I don't believe hardly anything reported by MSNBC. Therefore I don't watch MSNBC.  If you don't believe what ZB writes, why do you pay attention to ZB? A step further, if you pay attention, why when ZB writes something don't you assume that the opposite is true?

You're right, and I mostly do try to avoid believing or paying attention to whatever ZB writes, but it's tough when he's literally the only guy in the media that really covers SJU basketball. It's like if the NY Times was the only news organization in this country it would be hard to ignore them as there would be no alternatives. But since there are thousands of other options of where to get your news, it's easy to ignore the NYTs and CNNs of the world even when they may have the biggest reach and/or name recognition

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 09:52:14 PM »
I know a lot of people in the media and Zach is one of the good ones.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

goredmen

« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 11:01:51 PM »
I know a lot of people in the media and Zach is one of the good ones.

I've never met him and he's probably a really nice guy. Malik Stith was a probably a nice guy too

« Reply #13 on: December 31, 2017, 12:16:43 AM »
I think Zach does a good job covering SJU Hoops.

Poison

« Reply #14 on: December 31, 2017, 12:34:55 AM »
Yeah, the NY f’n Times is garbage. Just pop on Fox News you dumb shits.

Poison

« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2017, 12:43:17 AM »

He absolutely does. Blame for the lack of clarity regarding LoVett’s injury falls on the staff. If anyone ever wants to point a finger, point it at the staff. They are the ones who have chosen to not tell us anything.

Poison

« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2017, 12:48:51 AM »
It’s. I’ve to have a reporter to have interest in  St. John’s.

This program should be grateful that anyone covers it. Even a POS rag like the NY Post.

Foad

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2017, 07:12:43 AM »

I don't watch Fox News either you stupid cunt. I only read Der Sturmer.

Poison

« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2017, 09:47:08 AM »

I don't watch Fox News either you stupid cunt. I only read Der Sturmer.

Liar

« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2017, 09:56:11 AM »

He absolutely does. Blame for the lack of clarity regarding LoVett’s injury falls on the staff. If anyone ever wants to point a finger, point it at the staff. They are the ones who have chosen to not tell us anything.

True, but as a journalist you are supposed to ask questions, and a good journalist asks tough questions.  Being a parrot spreading propaganda is just shedding your journalistic integrity.