Trust the Process

• 258 replies

hnk

Trust the Process
« on: January 04, 2018, 08:06:58 AM »
Despite 0-3 in the Big East, the program is on the right track..  There are lots of plusses.  Lots of improvements. Lots of help on the way. Obviously, right now the depth and rebounding are lacking. Right now, we have zero margin of error.

Rome was not built in a day.

The Big East is brutal and will continue to be. 

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 08:07:29 AM by hnk »

Marillac

Re: Trust the Process
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2018, 09:59:22 AM »
Despite 0-3 in the Big East, the program is on the right track..  There are lots of plusses.  Lots of improvements. Lots of help on the way. Obviously, right now the depth and rebounding are lacking. Right now, we have zero margin of error.

This is college basketball...there is no process. This team is a disappointment any way you slice it. The staff went into this season with two kids that could dribble and one of them is a known p*ssy that can be kept out two months with knee sprain.

We MIGHT add one conference win to last year's total. That's not progress.

cjfish

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2018, 10:27:21 AM »
Sure there is a process.  The team is being rebuilt form the basement up and next year the team looks very balanced and talented.  I would have expect a 1-2 start even with Lovett playing.  The lack of depth is on the staff but who would have expected Alibegone and Yakwe to not develop.   

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2018, 10:45:21 AM »

This is college basketball...there is no process. This team is a disappointment any way you slice it. The staff went into this season with two kids that could dribble and one of them is a known p*ssy that can be kept out two months with knee sprain.

Back fasting again?

Teams that win in the NCAA are either loaded with 5 star talent or they have a consistent identity with 3 and 4 year guys supplemented by a star. We are getting very close to the latter.

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 02:16:23 PM »
We lost to two good teams on the road and Providence shot 16 for 30 from 3.  We’re a good team and the season is a long way from over.

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2018, 02:24:19 PM »
We lost to two good teams on the road and Providence shot 16 for 30 from 3.  We’re a good team and the season is a long way from over.

Agree 100% with that but without Lovett back and soon,NIT is absolute best case.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2018, 02:25:07 PM »

Back fasting again?

Teams that win in the NCAA are either loaded with 5 star talent or they have a consistent identity with 3 and 4 year guys supplemented by a star. We are getting very close to the latter.

16 wins year three with two former top 40 recruits with five combined years in college and a redshirt junior that averaged double-digit minutes for a final four team is unacceptable. And somebody tell me how Abdelmassih still has no idea how to coach after a decade + being around college staffs? Jesus Christ, I could be confidently performing root canals if I shadowed a dentist half as long yet that hobbit doesnt even pretend to be involved in game?

« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2018, 02:47:31 PM »
Last 2 games the bench has contributed nothing. 0 points and 1 rebound. Almost impossible to do.

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2018, 03:06:53 PM »
tariq Owens (my favorite player) took 5 3’s last night. On what other team would that be allowed? Trust the process- poor defense- poor rebounding- terrible shot selection- that has been this team for 3 years. That is the truth .
Amar- still in the team- Mullins fault - Amar - hasn’t gotten any better- Mullins fault- Amar - hasn’t been recruited over - Mullins fault- Amar- terrible shooter- always has the green light- Mullins fault
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 03:08:51 PM by TONYD3 »

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2018, 03:19:29 PM »
Last 2 games the bench has contributed nothing. 0 points and 1 rebound. Almost impossible to do.

I'll never understand that insane amount of time Amar got in the 2nd half. It was where the game was lost, if I'm Yakwe I'm absolutely pissed.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2018, 04:54:03 PM »
tariq Owens (my favorite player) took 5 3’s last night. On what other team would that be allowed?

On any other team that allows 40 percent 3 point shooters to shoot. Sorry, I forgot, stats don't matter, only your vague impressions matter.

Amar- still in the team- Mullins fault - Amar - hasn’t gotten any better- Mullins fault- Amar - hasn’t been recruited over - Mullins fault- Amar- terrible shooter- always has the green light- Mullins fault

Amar, recruited by Lavin. Amar, recruited by Lavin. Amar, recruited by Lavin. Amar, recruited by Lavin. Mullin's fault.

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2018, 05:46:04 PM »
tariq Owens (my favorite player) took 5 3’s last night. On what other team would that be allowed?

On any other team that allows 40 percent 3 point shooters to shoot. Sorry, I forgot, stats don't matter, only your vague impressions matter.

Amar, recruited by Lavin. Amar, recruited by Lavin. Amar, recruited by Lavin. Amar, recruited by Lavin. Mullin's fault.
Sample size foady. Amar, French guy, and Harvard kid on Lavin. Still would take Lavin back in a heartbeat, well aware he isn’t that good. Would be happy with any Hurley, DANNY, Bobby, Dad, or even Mom ( I am sure she is tougher then what we have).
We are 0-3, with ponds, Simon, Clarke and Owens. Those are good likable players. Are they artest, postell, chudney, and bootsey? Maybe not. Shouldn’t be 0-5 vs good teams.shouldnt be winless in conference.

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2018, 06:03:09 PM »

Mullin's been here 3 f ing years and you blame Lavin for Mullin giving him playing time in year 3?

Foad

« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2018, 06:10:47 PM »

Mullin's been here 3 f ing years and you blame Lavin for Mullin giving him playing time in year 3?

No. Practice reading for comprehension.

Foad

« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2018, 06:11:23 PM »
Still would take Lavin back in a heartbeat,

That's because you're dumb.

TONYD3

« Reply #15 on: January 04, 2018, 06:33:32 PM »

No because Lavin is Basketball coach . Basketball coaches are paid to win games.

« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 06:43:32 PM »

No because Lavin is Basketball coach . Basketball coaches are paid to win games.

Lavin was gonna ruin this program even more. Do you understand what team he would have had if we kept him for one more year?

ras

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 06:55:02 PM »
Due to injuries I’m willing to give the staff a pass so far. If we didn’t have injuries we would probably be 2-1 in conference and an extra out of conference win. That said , you can blame the staff for not recruiting one good freshman, Juco or grad transfer to augment this years roster. The other side of the coin is Wilson fell through the cracks and we look well balanced and deep for next year, but you never know who will leave.  The loss of Ellison,Sima ,Williams and Mussini hurt a lot w depth, which is a large exodus.. I think either of the Hurley bros are better coaches than Mullin. I also think you can blame Mullin for the makeup of the staff. We need another recruiter/xo guy  like Rice, who would be an inexpensive investment. By SJU standards ,the last 20 years, Lavins results were good. I think Mullin can pass Lavins accomplishments in the long run.  I think Lavin was an average coach. Recruited too many question marks and left the roster barron.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:02:56 PM by ras »

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 07:02:03 PM »
The upgrade in talent in the last 2 years is remarkable. This team is playing league leading defense, and even a blind person can see that this team is much improved over last year's team--which would have lost the last two games by 20 points plus.

Far too much energy is wasted anguishing over the performance of AliB and Yakwe. Simon and Clark have been everything promised, Ahmed is playing better, and Owens is transformed. We're playing without LoVett. If we only had the Ponds of last year, we take one if not both of those games. Don't know whether it's physical or mental, but he's not the same player offensively this year and did not work hard enough to get involved last night except for spurts. Odds are, the home games get him going and this team puts some wins together, at which point everything gets better.

If I never have to read another pro-Lavin post again, I can die a happy man. Revisionist bullshit.

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2018, 07:23:56 PM »
This team is playing league leading defense. The loss of mussini and Ellison. Wow. Sadly we could use either or both of mussini and Ellison , not because they are good, but we have no one.