Tomorrow’s game...

• 97 replies

Poison

Tomorrow’s game...
« on: January 26, 2018, 06:47:04 PM »
Yakwe and Ponds are game time decisions. Without them, we’ve got 6 players. I can’t imagine Alibegovic and Trimble lasting the full game without fouling out. So, we’re gonna need to play a walk on. Who will it be?

Re: Tomorrow’s game...
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 06:48:50 PM »
Sure could use Phil Missiere or Andre Stanley.

Poison

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 06:50:39 PM »
Sure could use Phil Missiere or Andre Stanley.

Look on the bright side: at least we don’t have to watch it live.

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2018, 06:55:12 PM »
LOL, going to take the wife out to Long Island tomorrow. Forest Pork Store in Huntington on Jericho Turnpike. Head south and walk along Jones Beach. Maybe Stammtisch on the way home.

Tomorrow should be nicest day this year.

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2018, 06:56:46 PM »
Quite possibly, sju might have 2 walk ons, Trimble, aa and Simon playing st same time.

Who knows, maybe staff might find something with that lineup.

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 07:40:06 PM »

« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 01:55:28 AM »
LOL, going to take the wife out to Long Island tomorrow. Forest Pork Store in Huntington on Jericho Turnpike. Head south and walk along Jones Beach. Maybe Stammtisch on the way home.

you might as well, go and have fun or watch this disgrace of a season.
It's a no brainer.

cjfish

« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 09:17:20 AM »

try the krainerwurst

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 09:49:53 AM »

is that store good ? it's maybe 5-10 minutes from me. What's good there other than pork do they sell hero's  ?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:50:42 AM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 10:11:03 AM »

Very good food choices! Two of my favorites. Was much easier when Pork Store was still in Glendale.

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 11:17:20 AM »
1. Started with the Forest Pork Store on Jericho Turnpike in Huntington. We drove down from Stony Point in Rockland, and ironically a car with CT plates pulled into parking lot in front of us. Don't know if they do heros. They might do a leberkasen  plate, but not a deli type sandwich selection. Loaded up on wursts and salads.
2. Sagamore Hill on the way back to Queens. The Museum is free, we had already done the mansion tour. Nice day for outside walking.
3. Stammtisch. Jaegerschnitzel with hunter gravy main course. Appy was a cup of goulash. Weiss biers with lemon. Bought more supplies in the Stammtisch store next door. Restaurant was packed.

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday.

Poison

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 11:22:38 AM »
1. Started with the Forest Pork Store on Jericho Turnpike in Huntington. We drove down from Stony Point in Rockland, and ironically a car with CT plates pulled into parking lot in front of us. Don't know if they do heros. They might do a leberkasen  plate, but not a deli type sandwich selection. Loaded up on wursts and salads.
2. Sagamore Hill on the way back to Queens. The Museum is free, we had already done the mansion tour. Nice day for outside walking.
3. Stammtisch. Jaegerschnitzel with hunter gravy main course. Appy was a cup of goulash. Weiss biers with lemon. Bought more supplies in the Stammtisch store next door. Restaurant was packed.

You missed a great game

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 11:29:15 AM »

You missed a great game

Did you think they were going to win?
They might lose rest of the games. He is still probably going to be back.

Poison

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 12:19:46 PM »

You missed a great game

Then let him get the full attention he deserves. Enough with the kid gloves. I’m sick of everyone treating him with such respect. I could give a shit that he played here. He needs to recognize how terrible he is, and that won’t happen until everyone stands up to him. All we hear about is replacing the staff. This is HIS staff. He is the weakest link of his staff because he assembled it. 

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 12:35:07 PM »

You missed a great game

Then let him get the full attention he deserves. Enough with the kid gloves. I’m sick of everyone treating him with such respect. I could give a shit that he played here. He needs to recognize how terrible he is, and that won’t happen until everyone stands up to him. All we hear about is replacing the staff. This is HIS staff. He is the weakest link of his staff because he assembled it. 

9 or 10 of you keep posting the same stuff. No one is saying he is doing well. The fact remains that firing Chris Mullin IS going to be different than firing anyone else. It is. That coupled with financial considerations and the potential roster ramifications of him being fired before the end of next season warrant another year. Those are the facts. And honestly for the short term it will be better for the program and the fans if Mullin can turn things around next year. If he can't he will be gone. I would bet on it. It will not be a Norm Roberts situation where you think it might not ever end. If we stink next year I would bet anything one way or another he goes. Now I am not going to root for that not only because he is Chris Mullin but that would put us right at the beginning of another rebuild. If people choose to root against him and the school next year that is your right. Though I can't see how you could be taken seriously as a "fan" of the program if you choose that route.

As far as for the rest of this season, it is going to be UGLY. But nothing short of a Pittsburgh situation that happens the rest of the season is really going to change anything. So feel free to vent. I understand being a fan of the team sucks right now! But posting over and over again Mullin stinks and should quit is annoying, boring and does nothing. Nothing will change losing to Creighton, Duke or whoever. The 9,10 or 11 losses that are coming are coming. It will not be something new. There will ne no AHA moment where you can see this is why Mullin sucks. This year is done.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:38:01 PM by we are sju »

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 12:39:50 PM »
Funny how pro Mullin posters accuse the other side of repetitive posts but they do the exact same thing. If the posts are repetitive why the need to repeat your points  in trying to refute every negative post?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 12:40:28 PM by Celtics11 »

TONYD3

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2018, 12:47:41 PM »
Funny how pro Mullin posters accuse the other side of repetitive posts but they do the exact same thing. If the posts are repetitive why the need to repeat your points  in trying to refute every negative post?
One guy has made fun of Steve Lavin every day of his life for 5 years to bring joy to the fan board.

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2018, 12:49:24 PM »

Really just one guy keeps typing the same post over and over again. Well Poison is getting there. No one should be happy I get that.  But again unless you have an agenda and were upset that the former coach was let go, what new information are you possibly gleaming from one loss to the next to keep posting the same thing.
Did you want to keep Lavin? I was ok with that happening. I posted as much at the time. It didn't happen. Chris Mullin is the coach.  I will root for him until he is gone. Then I will repeat the same thing with whoever is the next coach.

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2018, 12:50:49 PM »
One guy has made fun of Steve Lavin every day of his life for 5 years to bring joy to the fan board.

And there we have it. Get over it. 

TONYD3

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2018, 12:51:46 PM »

Really just one guy keeps typing the same post over and over again. Well Poison is getting there. No one should be happy I get that.  But again unless you have an agenda and were upset that the former coach was let go, what new information are you possibly gleaming from one loss to the next to keep posting the same thing.
Did you want to keep Lavin? I was ok with that happening. I posted as much at the time. It didn't happen. Chris Mullin is the coach.  I will root for him until he is gone. Then I will repeat the same thing with whoever is the next coach.
Dick- you have said that a few times already.