18-19 Season

• 256 replies

TONYD3

Re: 18-19 Season
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2018, 10:57:05 PM »
"Mikey Microwave" highlights below. Get ready for immediate scoring, pop off the bench to spell Shamorie. Remember where you heard the nickname first lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=upFyVajqGi0
I'm hopeful Dixon can be an immediate impact transfer but I'm not going to get fired up over a highlight video of a guy shooting jumpers in an empty gym.

I think the videos are just to remind people that the guys are working on their games. We know that Dixon will at least be decent. In Jan/Feb we’ll find out if he can play in the BE. I actually expect that he can.
[/quote
"Mikey Microwave" highlights below. Get ready for immediate scoring, pop off the bench to spell Shamorie. Remember where you heard the nickname first lol:

I'm hopeful Dixon can be an immediate impact transfer but I'm not going to get fired up over a highlight video of a guy shooting jumpers in an empty gym.

I think the videos are just to remind people that the guys are working on their games. We know that Dixon will at least be decent. In Jan/Feb we’ll find out if he can play in the BE. I actually expect that he can.
I hope he can play. He is really small. Not a PG. Not an elite athlete. Even if he can score, can he stop someone?
This team could use a Malik booth. Not because he is better or worse. Malik was a good athlete. Could defend.
Teams need back up PG’s. We don’t need a midget Larry wright. Hoping to be surprised. Not expecting it.

« Reply #161 on: September 06, 2018, 07:37:54 AM »

[/quote

I hope he can play. He is really small. Not a PG. Not an elite athlete. Even if he can score, can he stop someone?
This team could use a Malik booth. Not because he is better or worse. Malik was a good athlete. Could defend.
Teams need back up PG’s. We don’t need a midget Larry wright. Hoping to be surprised. Not expecting it.

He’s not that small
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #162 on: September 06, 2018, 08:18:55 AM »

He’s not that small

He's listed at 6'2" 170. A midget. Tony wishes we had Malik Boothe, 5'9" 184. The stupid is palpable.

Poison

« Reply #163 on: September 06, 2018, 09:05:41 AM »

[/quote

I've stood next to him. He's not so small.

TONYD3

« Reply #164 on: September 06, 2018, 09:17:24 AM »

He’s not that small

He's listed at 6'2" 170. A midget. Tony wishes we had Malik Boothe, 5'9" 184. The stupid is palpable.
170 pound 2 guard, how many of those are in the big east? Is Justin Simon a PG? He played plenty of that last year.

This team could absolutely use a back up guard who can run the point and actually guard someone.

Dixon and ponds at the same time, won’t scare anyone on defense.

Players need roles. And stats don’t mean everything. Christina jones scoring 15 and getting 6 rebounds sounds great. But if his guy is getting 20 and 10 we are losing.

Foady- just because he is listed at 6’2 and 170 doesn’t mean he is that size.
Malik boothe, was certainly limited. But he was strong and tough. Which is another thing this team could use. Mullin teams have not only been awful they have been incredibly soft. Maybe I am stupid, but after watching almost 100 games of this shit you either haven’t noticed or refuse to acknowledge that.

Never saw Dixon play. I am hopeful. But he hasn’t proved anything yet. His size certainly is an issue.

Foad

« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2018, 09:40:41 AM »

He’s not that small

170 pound 2 guard, how many of those are in the big east? Is Justin Simon a PG? He played plenty of that last year.

This team could absolutely use a back up guard who can run the point and actually guard someone.

Players need roles. And stats don’t mean everything. Christina jones scoring 15 and getting 6 rebounds sounds great. But if his guy is getting 20 and 10 we are losing.

Malik boothe, was certainly limited. But he was strong and tough. Which is another thing this team could use. Mullin teams have not only been awful they have been incredibly soft. Maybe I am stupid, but after watching almost 100 games of this shit you either haven’t noticed or refuse to acknowledge that.

Never saw Dixon play. I am hopeful. But he hasn’t proved anything yet. His size certainly is an issue.

You've never seen him play, you don't know how big or small or strong or tough or not tough he is, and he has not proven or disproven anything. All of which stuff you don't know is an issue for you - which btw if everything you don't know is an issue for you, you have a lot of issues. Because you don't know very much. All of which leaves you pining for Malik Boothe, because you were a huge Malik Boothe fan. As I said, the stupid is palpable.

Poison

« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2018, 12:35:13 PM »

He’s not that small

It’s easy to see him play. Dixon is all over YouTube. I never heard anything about Dixon’s defense being something we needed to worry about.

I’m counting on Trimble improving his footwork on defense. He seemed to get beat virtually every time.

Ponds can d up. Simon can d up, too. We’ll see more d outa Ponds if he doesn’t always have to do everything else, too.

Marillac

« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2018, 07:48:05 PM »
I'd be surprised if Dixon didn't shine offensively this year. The skills are there for sure.

NYCoffey

« Reply #168 on: September 08, 2018, 01:55:31 PM »

Marillac

« Reply #169 on: September 08, 2018, 06:31:24 PM »

« Reply #170 on: September 08, 2018, 08:12:24 PM »
Psst… Marilliac is the mystery well embedded mole... pass it on.  :2funny:

Marillac

« Reply #171 on: September 09, 2018, 12:43:26 PM »
Psst… Marilliac is the mystery well embedded mole... pass it on.  :2funny:

Haha

I do find the wording and timing a little curious...especially from a guy who almost certainly reads our (and other) fan forums. I know I've had my writing influenced on a subconscious level due to what I've read on forums. Descriptions seem to be most susceptible to influence.

« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2018, 07:51:42 PM »
Full schedule to be released on thursday, per Rothstein.  One of my favirite days of late summer/early fall.

QuanMan

« Reply #173 on: October 09, 2018, 12:58:53 PM »
https://twitter.com/NYCHoopsnball/status/1049705102804742144

Stacey Davis
@NYCHoopsnball
 1m1 minute ago
More
1977 Power Memorial Academy HS #CHSAA Champs will attend teammate HC Chris Mullin #SJUBB home game this season  #NYCBasketball
Section 3
Section 116

derk

« Reply #174 on: October 10, 2018, 11:51:56 AM »

Stacey Davis
@NYCHoopsnball
 1m1 minute ago
More
1977 Power Memorial Academy HS #CHSAA Champs will attend teammate HC Chris Mullin #SJUBB home game this season  #NYCBasketball

I don't believe they played together but it would be nice if Kareem showed up.

Johnny23

« Reply #175 on: October 10, 2018, 02:26:49 PM »

Stacey Davis
@NYCHoopsnball
 1m1 minute ago
More

I don't believe they played together but it would be nice if Kareem showed up.

This group was way after Kareem's time there. Really don't see any reason why he would be affiliated with their trip to an SJU home game this year.

pmg911

« Reply #176 on: October 10, 2018, 03:11:16 PM »

Stacey Davis
@NYCHoopsnball
 1m1 minute ago
More

Pretty sure Chris' teams at Power were undefeated his Freshman & JV years - Mario Elie was his teammate -  he transferred to Xaverian after Christmas of his Junior year.

I could be mistaken but I believe Chris only played a handful of Varsity games at Power Memorial and he definitely was not on the 1977 CHSAA Championship team.

QuanMan

« Reply #177 on: October 26, 2018, 12:25:40 PM »
Any chance the Warriors will be practicing in Taffner between their Knicks/Nets games this wknd?
Section 3
Section 116

QuanMan

« Reply #178 on: November 12, 2018, 08:39:54 PM »
Possible BK tourney opponent VCU running Bowling Green out of the gym tn, up 18 early 2nd half.
Section 3
Section 116

TONYD3

« Reply #179 on: November 12, 2018, 08:54:40 PM »
Possible BK tourney opponent VCU running Bowling Green out of the gym tn, up 18 early 2nd half.
25 now. 9 minutes left.