Owens Leaving

• 545 replies

paultzman

Re: Owens Leaving
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2018, 12:34:34 PM »
Does anyone think that he’s considering transferring because Sedee has been playing better than him at practices and he’s afraid of being put on a similar status as what happened to Yakwe?

No. Basically right or wrong he & his father felt he should get  more touches in the offense from what I gather.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 12:35:09 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2018, 12:40:11 PM »
You seem to hate the complainng, which I understand in some way. But what should be posted.

It's not the complaining per se. It's the dreary boring complaining. Imagine that this was a forum about potatoes and every day I sat on the toilet shitting making a dozen posts about how bad the potatoes taste and how much I don't like potatoes. No potato jokes, nothing about rice or quinoa, just constant complaints about potatoes and how much I don't like the way potatoes taste and the way they're prepared. You'd want to hang yourself. Well, not you, but a person of average intelligence. It's dreary and horrible and especially because nobody likes the potatoes. If there were people here saying oh god these are the most delicious potatoes I ever ate and Chris Mullin is the most amazing potato chef god ever created that'd be one thing. But everyone agrees the potatoes are rancid. No one thinks the potatoes taste good. You're the only one who thinks your opinion about how bad the potatoes taste is interesting a dozen times a day.

Exactly!
Maybe throw in a post about your top 10 potato based things.
1. French Fries
2. Baked
3. Mashed
4. Au Gratin
5. The Knish
6. Hash Browns
7. Croquet
8.Pancakes
9. Rolls
10. Soup

And if you get bored you can even make further lists.
French Fries go best with
1. Gravy
2. Cheese
3. Ketchup

But anyway potatoes are great! I grew up with Potatoes and frankly anyone who hates potatoes is dumb!

How can you leave out Tater Tots?  Potato Cones (fried mashed potato balls)?  Do we throw gnocchi in there?  Loaded Baked Potato?  There is a lot of additional ground to cover....Potato chips (homemade) or cottage fries....

Bad job leaving off tater tots

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2018, 12:43:47 PM »
Does anyone think that he’s considering transferring because Sedee has been playing better than him at practices and he’s afraid of being put on a similar status as what happened to Yakwe?

No. Basically right or wrong he & his father felt he should get  more touches in the offense from what I gather.

I can't imagine any high major team that is any good guaranteeing him more touches in the offense than us. Seems like a pretty dumb decision on their part. But this is what happens when all you get are malcontent transfers from other schools, and kids with no connection to the school before they sign. This staff, especially Mullin, have to build relationships with the kids they recruit. When was the last recruit we signed where the staff was on him for years before they signed? Ponds maybe?

« Reply #243 on: March 20, 2018, 12:44:03 PM »

He is transferring to Hogwarts school of wizardry? Since you know reality seems to have gone bye bye

« Reply #244 on: March 20, 2018, 01:17:09 PM »

I can't imagine any high major team that is any good guaranteeing him more touches in the offense than us. Seems like a pretty dumb decision on their part. But this is what happens when all you get are malcontent transfers from other schools, and kids with no connection to the school before they sign. This staff, especially Mullin, have to build relationships with the kids they recruit. When was the last recruit we signed where the staff was on him for years before they signed? Ponds maybe?
He's been with Mullin for 3 years now, not long enough to build up some loyalty to Mullin? So Mo didn't buy him a rattle when he was a baby. Just saying there is more to leaving than not having a long term relationship prior to them coming together.

thetruth8734

• SJU Alum
« Reply #245 on: March 20, 2018, 01:28:28 PM »

He's been with Mullin for 3 years now, not long enough to build up some loyalty to Mullin? So Mo didn't buy him a rattle when he was a baby. Just saying there is more to leaving than not having a long term relationship prior to them coming together.

I'm not just talking about Owens. Basically almost every recruit we get is either a malcontent transfer from somewhere else, or a decommit who we had no relationship with prior to them decommitting. That is not how you build a program. The staff basically either have no relationship with the kid, or they're getting kids who have already transferred once already. That has to be a factor as to why there is so much roster turnover. It doesn't help when one guy does 98% of the recruiting while the others are in Cali soaking up the sun with their families.

There are kids in the 2019 class who they've been on for a while, so I think this will be the crucial year. If we don't land any of these kids, and don't meet expectations next season then Mullin and staff have gotta go.

Poison

« Reply #246 on: March 20, 2018, 01:35:02 PM »

His father literally said that on Twitter.

« Reply #247 on: March 20, 2018, 01:56:26 PM »

I coached a kid in little league last year who came to the first practice with his glove on his wrong hand. Literally had to teach him how to throw. For his own protection I would put him in right field. The last month of the season his father complained everyday that his son should play first base. That kids father and Mr Owens should hang out.

paultzman

« Reply #248 on: March 20, 2018, 02:27:25 PM »
Evan Daniels
Tariq Owens is expected to get his release from St. John's today, a source tells @247Sports. Maryland will be on Owens' short list, and he'll also consider returning to St. John's.

« Reply #249 on: March 20, 2018, 02:49:14 PM »
Evan Daniels
Tariq Owens is expected to get his release from St. John's today, a source tells @247Sports. Maryland will be on Owens' short list, and he'll also consider returning to St. John's.

Consider returning? He kidding or what

« Reply #251 on: March 20, 2018, 02:55:59 PM »
Evan Daniels

Consider returning? He kidding or what

Or what.

« Reply #252 on: March 20, 2018, 03:13:25 PM »
if he goes to Maryland will he even average 20/25 min a game? They have top 5 scorers all back and 7/8 and have the #4 PF coming in next year. Yea good luck finding those shots there......

« Reply #253 on: March 20, 2018, 03:16:57 PM »

I coached a kid in little league last year who came to the first practice with his glove on his wrong hand. Literally had to teach him how to throw. For his own protection I would put him in right field. The last month of the season his father complained everyday that his son should play first base. That kids father and Mr Owens should hang out.

Parents are insane. I never let my dad say anything to a coach. And my dad was one of the reasonable ones.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

paultzman

« Reply #254 on: March 20, 2018, 03:37:21 PM »
ZachB
Tariq Owens has received his release to transfer from St Johns, Im told after his father met with Chris Mullin yesterday. Just can’t transfer to a Big East school. Otherwise, no restrictions. #sjubb

« Reply #255 on: March 20, 2018, 03:37:27 PM »

Parents are insane. I never let my dad say anything to a coach. And my dad was one of the reasonable ones.

Lucky so far. Only have had two delusional parents.

« Reply #256 on: March 20, 2018, 04:04:09 PM »
The revolving door continues. Thank God Mullin can recruit and coach so well that he and staff will  be able to make up another player  loss,  with  projects and football players.

« Reply #257 on: March 20, 2018, 04:14:40 PM »
The revolving door continues. Thank God Mullin can recruit and coach so well that he and staff will  be able to make up another player  loss,  with  projects and football players.

You want Owens jacking up 15 to 20 shots a game?

« Reply #258 on: March 20, 2018, 04:45:06 PM »
8-10 yes.

« Reply #259 on: March 20, 2018, 04:46:24 PM »