Owens Leaving

• 545 replies

Poison

Re: Owens Leaving
« Reply #320 on: March 23, 2018, 12:56:19 PM »
If Owens grabbed six offensive rebounds a game and put them back...that would account for six shots.  Effort stat.

That's true. He doesn't fight for boards. Really, only Simon rebounds. Clark doesn't either.

« Reply #321 on: March 23, 2018, 01:00:43 PM »
If Owens grabbed six offensive rebounds a game and put them back...that would account for six shots.  Effort stat.

That's true. He doesn't fight for boards. Really, only Simon rebounds. Clark doesn't either.

Clark got better on the boards down the stretch. He needs to bring that for the full season

QuanMan

« Reply #322 on: March 23, 2018, 01:54:23 PM »
Poison- There could be 4-5 unknown incoming recruits signed this Spring. I think Yakwe's transfer is inevitable based off the 2nd half of the season benching Mullin gave him. If Trimble made it out of the end of season review process alive, he's staying with weight loss/dedication & development contingencies, which I don't mind.

The staff by now has a firm grasp of how many open scholarships they're entering the Spring Signing Period with. Matt was on the trails at the PSAL playoffs the very next night after the Xavier loss. I'm hoping that type of consistency has been carried out over the past 2.5 weeks by every single staff member. There is no time for vacations when you're in this situation entering Year4.

Ideal Spring outlook would be signing Mike Rice for the Team Rio pipeline. Then landing 3 immediate contributors to next season's core via 2 grad transfers plus a 2018 diamond in the rough HS Senior and a elite sit out transfer for 2019. Spring 2018 haul would include 2 bigs and a swingman.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 02:34:18 PM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

Poison

« Reply #323 on: March 23, 2018, 03:23:32 PM »
Poison- There could be 4-5 unknown incoming recruits signed this Spring. I think Yakwe's transfer is inevitable based off the 2nd half of the season benching Mullin gave him. If Trimble made it out of the end of season review process alive, he's staying with weight loss/dedication & development contingencies, which I don't mind.

The staff by now has a firm grasp of how many open scholarships they're entering the Spring Signing Period with. Matt was on the trails at the PSAL playoffs the very next night after the Xavier loss. I'm hoping that type of consistency has been carried out over the past 2.5 weeks by every single staff member. There is no time for vacations when you're in this situation entering Year4.

Ideal Spring outlook would be signing Mike Rice for the Team Rio pipeline. Then landing 3 immediate contributors to next season's core via 2 grad transfers plus a 2018 diamond in the rough HS Senior and a elite sit out transfer for 2019. Spring 2018 haul would include 2 bigs and a swingman.

We're losing players at an alarming rate. It doesn't seem likely that we're going to land a big man when they didn't bother to land one last off season. I'd be pleasantly surprised if that changed. In addition, Sima, Williams and Owens, challenged as they were all left the program. Both Sima and Owens made it clear that they wanted to more involved in the offense. I can't imagine that this isn't affecting how recruits see us.

« Reply #324 on: March 23, 2018, 03:50:39 PM »

We're losing players at an alarming rate. It doesn't seem likely that we're going to land a big man when they didn't bother to land one last off season. I'd be pleasantly surprised if that changed. In addition, Sima, Williams and Owens, challenged as they were all left the program. Both Sima and Owens made it clear that they wanted to more involved in the offense. I can't imagine that this isn't affecting how recruits see us.

So you think Chris Mullin should have involved Sima and Owens more in the offense. LOL
I think you need a nap.

paultzman

« Reply #325 on: March 23, 2018, 04:23:10 PM »
Evan Daniels

St. John’s grad transfer Tariq Owens will take a visit to Maryland on the 27th & 28th, per a source. Owens averaged 8.4 PPG & 5.9 RPG last season.

Turtle soup on menu soon
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 04:36:48 PM by paultzman »

« Reply #326 on: March 23, 2018, 04:35:40 PM »
Am I the only one bothered by Mr. Owens airing out team business on Twitter?  He has been taking digs at Shamorie all year aswell. I know some of the fans eat this  up because they feel entitled to an "insiders" opinion. These are the type of actions that cause friction on a squad. Please don't let the door hit you on the way out,Renard.

TONYD3

« Reply #327 on: March 23, 2018, 04:36:19 PM »
Am I the only one bothered by Mr. Owens airing out team business on Twitter?  He has been taking digs at Shamorie all year aswell. I know some of the fans eat this  up because they feel entitled to an "insiders" opinion. These are the type of actions that cause friction on a squad. Please don't let the door hit you on the way out,Renard.
That is not true

« Reply #328 on: March 23, 2018, 04:36:19 PM »
Evan Daniels

St. John’s grad transfer Tariq Owens will take a visit to Maryland on the 27th & 28th, per a source. Owens averaged 8.4 PPG & 5.9 RPG last season.

Matt driving him

Crab Cakes are good. Maybe he can put the weight on that way

paultzman

« Reply #329 on: March 23, 2018, 04:38:04 PM »
Evan Daniels

Matt driving him

But more crab touches

TONYD3

« Reply #330 on: March 23, 2018, 04:38:52 PM »
Evan Daniels

Matt driving him

You have made it clear that you are a top athlete. For you gaining 30 pounds of muscle is easy. Might not be possible for others.

« Reply #331 on: March 23, 2018, 04:39:46 PM »
That is not true

What isn't true? He has on more than one occasion posted subliminals in regards to Shamorie.

Wods317

« Reply #332 on: March 23, 2018, 04:48:45 PM »
That is not true

What isn't true? He has on more than one occasion posted subliminals in regards to Shamorie.

He was definitely critical of the staff and a couple players. Didn’t care for it that much but that is what Twitter is about.

« Reply #333 on: March 23, 2018, 05:08:48 PM »
Evan Daniels

Matt driving him

You have made it clear that you are a top athlete. For you gaining 30 pounds of muscle is easy. Might not be possible for others.

Despite playing a sport and all the sex I was having in college I was still able to gain weight.

« Reply #334 on: March 23, 2018, 05:29:07 PM »
Why are we still talking about Owens? End this thread, who cares

Wods317

« Reply #335 on: March 23, 2018, 05:54:27 PM »
Why are we still talking about Owens? End this thread, who cares

With you on this. Time to move on, he’s not coming back. Just not much else to talk about yet. We need some positive news.

Poison

« Reply #336 on: March 23, 2018, 06:25:04 PM »

So you think Chris Mullin should have involved Sima and Owens more in the offense. LOL
I think you need a nap.

I can always use a nap, but you’re not following me. Mullin hasn’t brought in a post player that he’s done anything with. Yakwe was the only true power forward and he went from top 100 recruit to all rookie team to playing behind a walk on. Why would any big man play for Mullin?

« Reply #337 on: March 24, 2018, 11:24:59 AM »
Evan Daniels

Matt driving him

Despite playing a sport and all the sex I was having in college I was still able to gain weight.

Baseball is a sport, barely and sex with yourself doesn't count.

TONYD3

« Reply #338 on: March 24, 2018, 12:31:51 PM »
That is not true

He was definitely critical of the staff and a couple players. Didn’t care for it that much but that is what Twitter is about.
I sadly read to many of his tweets. Most were very positive. I am sure he criticized everyone associated with the team (in a pleasant way) including his son.
You guys can believe anything you want. You were told the staff’s perspective. It sounds crazy. Their spin may not be totally true.
The ownen’s family doesn’t seem stupid.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 12:42:32 PM by TONYD3 »

Poison

« Reply #339 on: March 24, 2018, 12:42:03 PM »
That is not true

I sadly read to many of his tweets. Most were very positive. I am sure he criticized everyone associated with the team (in a pleasant way) including his son.

I think the local media has been so kind to Mullin that Tariq’s dad has surprised people.
Even here, you can pee on someone’s leg and tell them it’s raining. He doesn’t want his son to be coached by an incompetent staff, and the truth is met with criticism by the delusional.