Shamorie is BACK!

• 30 replies

TONYD3

Re: Shamorie is BACK!
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2018, 04:50:33 PM »
This is simply terrible news for some of you. 20 some odd wins and we play in 8 / 9 game at least in tourney. Which is a really good year for ST John's basketball. What will some of you complain about?
I was happy with Steve Lavin.

I don't believe you
Then check. Posts are still there.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 04:51:40 PM by TONYD3 »

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2018, 06:53:56 PM »
This is simply terrible news for some of you. 20 some odd wins and we play in 8 / 9 game at least in tourney. Which is a really good year for ST John's basketball. What will some of you complain about?

The mush has spoken.  SJU still needs another alpha to move into top half of the Big East imo. Hopefully Heron is the guy.

I on the other hand generally stay away from predicting things but when I do, well people don't call me We are Nostradamus for nothing.

Back on planet Earth, WASJU's response as to who would make the best NBA player in a Big East that had Kemba Walker, Greg Monroe, Wesley Matthews, Dejuan Blair and others was:

"Flynn, hands down!
Blair will struggle"

http://johnnyjungle.com/forum/index.php?topic=2157.0
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 06:54:53 PM by Marillac »

Dan

« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2018, 07:08:40 PM »
Great news. Zero excuses for Mullin, have to take that step forward next year.

« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 10:06:35 PM »

The mush has spoken.  SJU still needs another alpha to move into top half of the Big East imo. Hopefully Heron is the guy.

5 Teams ahead of SJU?
Care to name them?
Fire Mullin.

« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2018, 10:34:49 PM »
Great News for us and looking forward to a big step forward for the program next year and beyond

Foad

« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2018, 11:36:42 PM »

Back on planet Earth, WASJU's response as to who would make the best NBA player in a Big East that had Kemba Walker, Greg Monroe, Wesley Matthews, Dejuan Blair and others was:

"Flynn, hands down!
Blair will struggle"

Any reaction from Malik Stith about this post from 2009? I heard he's training like a Navy Seal. Or how about Dom Pointer, the worst scholarship player in SJ history?

You have a very convenient memory.

Marillac

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 02:57:13 AM »

"Flynn, hands down!
Blair will struggle"

Any reaction from Malik Stith about this post from 2009? I heard he's training like a Navy Seal. Or how about Dom Pointer, the worst scholarship player in SJ history?

How does that relate to WASJU?

And how is calling for Pointer to play PF and C for three years used against me? He was worse than a 2* when used as a combo guard. He was an All-American caliber player as a 4/5. My gripe with Pointer was how he lived on the perimeter and didn't rebound to his potential. He had 18 offensive rebounds in 33 games as a junior! He shot 15% from three as a junior. What was he on the perimeter all game? Because Lavin was a nice person.

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 10:47:27 AM »

"Flynn, hands down!
Blair will struggle"

And how is calling for Pointer to play PF and C for three years used against me? He was worse than a 2* when used as a combo guard. He was an All-American caliber player as a 4/5. My gripe with Pointer was how he lived on the perimeter and didn't rebound to his potential. He had 18 offensive rebounds in 33 games as a junior! He shot 15% from three as a junior. What was he on the perimeter all game? Because Lavin was a nice person.

I will give you credit for saying outlandish things then sticking with them despite the overwhelming evidence that you are wrong.

Marillac

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2018, 02:46:33 PM »

"Flynn, hands down!
Blair will struggle"

I will give you credit for saying outlandish things then sticking with them despite the overwhelming evidence that you are wrong.

Am I missing something here? Was Dom not a complete disaster as a soph and junior when he was horribly misused as a guard? Was he not awesome when necessity forced him to play PF and C which I called for since his feshman season and was ridiculed for even suggesting.
Dom Pointer and Justin Simon should never log a minute at guard in college and wouldn't under a great coach. There are two things that will never change with me:  (1) I prefer to play underskilled SFs as undersized athletic PFs all day long and (2) I love the smaller, gritty 3* that can handle like a born PG as my second ball-handler regardless of how much people like WASJU hate them.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 02:49:07 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2018, 04:12:07 PM »
Marillac/WAsju tale of the tape!

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2018, 02:04:06 AM »
Marillac/WAsju tale of the tape!

That's funny.