Heron 15pts 1 ast 6 rebs  (30 min)
Clark 12 pts 1 ast 5 rebs  (25 min)
Simon 9 pts 5 ast 7 rebs  (30 min)
LJ Fig  9 pts 2 ast 4 rebs  (25 min)
Dixon  7 pts 2 asts 2 rebs (18 min)
Keita   6 pts 1 ast 6 rebs  (25 min)
B.Trim 4 pts  (10 min)
Roberts 2 pts 2 rebs (7 min)

I think it is pointless to predict stats given all the obvious variants with this team.  I think they are off the board quick and will push it constantly, the style Mullin prefers.  I think they will pressure on D, hopefully all over the court and for most of the game.  With so many interchangeable parts (excpet for Ponds) and multi-position players I think pressure is the defensive answer.  Hopefully the team plays better defence in the 1/2 court as well but agressive pressure covers up a lot of lapses.  Steals and turnovers will abound and will far outnumber the times the press leads to an opposition dunk.  No one but Ponds will play over 30 minutes a game so they should all be fresh....depth cures a lot of sins.  Finally, if they dont team rebound well rebounding could again be a negative.   

I think it's pointless to predict sports if you're taking it really seriously. The point is to start the conversation about our team before the season starts. And to that point, I completely agree with you about pressure defense, and we should finally have the legs for it.

cjfish

Re: Stats predictions
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2018, 09:43:52 PM »
The big thing will be keeping Ponds fresh for February, hoping they limit him to 30 minutes a game, less in blowouts early in the season.  Depth at guard should make this easy.... he is the one guy who cant pull up lame and injuries often happen when a player is tired.