Ponds This Season

• 46 replies
Re: Ponds This Season
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2018, 03:16:18 PM »
The one in his head.

While I agree that at times Marillac does seem to be watching something else, in fairness Ponds does shoot a bunch of no, no , Yes! shots
He makes bad shots so hard to tell what is a good shot for him. You def can say he shoots shots that would be considered bad if someone else were shooting it.

cjfish

« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2018, 05:41:21 PM »
While I agree that at times Marillac does seem to be watching something else, in fairness Ponds does shoot a bunch of no, no , Yes! shots
He makes bad shots so hard to tell what is a good shot for him. You def can say he shoots shots that would be considered bad if someone else were shooting it.

Bad shots are usually the result of good D.  Ponds has the propensity to make those shots because of his unique small guys moves and his general quickness.  If you are shooting 12-20 times a game there are going to bad shots.  No one ever plans a bad shot, they just evolve, and when there are too many, changes  in shot selection are in order.  Open 3s by Ponds, Herron, Fig and Clarke  early in the clock are not bad shots., 

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »
I think watching Ponds for 3 years has spoiled us .  He has accumulated great Stats , easily been our best player in the last 15 years . Sorry DLO, Hardy and Hatten . No contest . But, we hold him to a near perfection standard and while he does come close on many Nights , we still pick Nits . It comes with the territory of his becoming a Johnnie Legend . And , he’s already done that ...

Marillac

« Reply #43 on: November 24, 2018, 10:34:14 AM »
I think watching Ponds for 3 years has spoiled us .  He has accumulated great Stats , easily been our best player in the last 15 years . Sorry DLO, Hardy and Hatten . No contest . But, we hold him to a near perfection standard and while he does come close on many Nights , we still pick Nits . It comes with the territory of his becoming a Johnnie Legend . And , he’s already done that ...
Agreed. He's the best player we've had since 98-99 and it's not close.

« Reply #44 on: November 24, 2018, 08:09:50 PM »
Agreed. He's the best player we've had since 98-99 and it's not close.

If he doesn't dance he won't be viewed as such.

« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2018, 09:18:00 AM »
Through 7 games Ponds is shooing 63% on 2 pt shots. Unbelievable around the basket. He also has a 3.1 A:TO ratio.  Yesterday he again made huge defensive plays late.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Dan

« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2018, 02:35:21 PM »
I am known as the president of the Ponds fan club, but I don't like the way he looks this season. His NBA feedback obviously centered around his defense and he has the opportunity to do so now with more talent and depth around him. So why can't he can't stay in front of anyone as a junior?

Having great hands and instincts only gets you so far. He needs to show A LOT more.

I'd like to announce my new favorite player is Heron and Figureroa is coming up quickly behind him since he's the only player who cares about offensive rebkunding.

Heron looks like a much better  NBA prospect than Ponds early in the season.

this has aged about as well as the cosby show