Game 6: Maryland Eastern Shore Game Discussion

• 84 replies
Re: Game 6: Maryland Eastern Shore Game Discussion
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2018, 08:33:34 PM »
Think they slacked off a bit up almost 30 and let UMES cut it to 15 then tightened back up to go on a nice run and win soundly.

Not terribly unexpected, lot of weird lineup combinations to give some guys burn and yeah they coasted a little bit.

Good all around win, glad it seems like we have another capable scorer/passer in Dixon. Marv’s gotta tighten up.

Wods317

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2018, 08:35:25 PM »
Good not great game. Had some lapses but dominated for the most part. Figueroa, Heron and Dixon played really well. Loved ponds game, just moved the ball and tried to get his teammates open. I think he knew this was the type of game to let his teammates do the scoring, shows maturity.

« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2018, 10:18:42 PM »
To call MES a cupcake is to insult cupcakes everywhere and I for one take offense.

Poison

« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2018, 10:59:23 PM »
The goods news is that Mikey Dixon looks like the guy we hoped he’d be. LJ Figueroa can score in bunches and he’s a terrific passer.

We’ve been asking for the freshman to get more playing time and tonight we saw why they don’t. I’m not sure how far back we have to go to find a freshman class that’s as raw as this one.

Roberts looks like he’s never played organized basketball in his life. Somehow Earlington thinks he’s a shooting guard. It would be great if the staff could prioritize teaching them how to improve.

Poison

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2018, 11:02:49 PM »
Think they slacked off a bit up almost 30 and let UMES cut it to 15 then tightened back up to go on a nice run and win soundly.

Not terribly unexpected, lot of weird lineup combinations to give some guys burn and yeah they coasted a little bit.

Good all around win, glad it seems like we have another capable scorer/passer in Dixon. Marv’s gotta tighten up.

Clark has not been able to defend the post against anyone. That may be our biggest weakness so far.

Get well soon Sedee Keita.

« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2018, 11:37:43 PM »
The goods news is that Mikey Dixon looks like the guy we hoped he’d be. LJ Figueroa can score in bunches and he’s a terrific passer.

We’ve been asking for the freshman to get more playing time and tonight we saw why they don’t. I’m not sure how far back we have to go to find a freshman class that’s as raw as this one.

Roberts looks like he’s never played organized basketball in his life. Somehow Earlington thinks he’s a shooting guard. It would be great if the staff could prioritize teaching them how to improve.

Roberts looks lost, nervous, fragile. 

Williams could help this year with couple minutes per game.

All the talk about depth this year was way overblown. We have zero margin for error.

« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2018, 11:38:50 PM »
They played very unselfish basketball tonight and were in control the whole game. Very good atmosphere at the game, they are a very entertaining team to watch when they play the way they did tonight.

tnice

« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2018, 11:55:14 PM »

Love Roberts energy. Only guy on the team that screens, then rolls hard to the hole. The one time they looked for him, whoever threw the lob threw a terrible pass. He's raw, but your criticism is ridiculous. He will help us before the year is out.

« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2018, 12:34:41 AM »
- Walden scores 4.  His lowest point total ever?  Must have been spoken to in the aftermath of the Meadowlark like ball domination and shot selection he displayed in Brooklyn.  Seemingly a lesson learned.

- Our staff takes heat but they are pinpoint accurate at determining and playing there best players.  The starting lineup is our best 5 by a mile appropriately followed by the Doctor, Trimble then Williams.  Roberts and Earlington don't seem like ready for prime time players yet.

- So far this year the Hammer was better last year.  Expect him to get it together for conference time.

- Concession's didn't have the coffee ready till half-time. Why not?

« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2018, 01:02:16 AM »
Basically Williams and Roberts need these 5-10 minute cupcake games coming up after GTech on Saturday.

Clark playing out of position is really killing him, at least in my opinion. Need you back soon Keita we miss you.

That Heron dunk was nasty. Ponds clearly saving it for the weekend, smart guy.

LJ is everything you could have every known you wanted but didn't know you were getting until the last minute. I love it.

Marillac

« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2018, 01:27:02 AM »
Love Roberts energy. Only guy on the team that screens, then rolls hard to the hole. The one time they looked for him, whoever threw the lob threw a terrible pass. He's raw, but your criticism is ridiculous. He will help us before the year is out.

Needs to move his feet in on screens. He was manspreading like a mofo.

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2018, 01:35:36 AM »

Need you back soon Keita we miss you.

Easy Liberace.

Poison

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2018, 02:33:10 AM »

He’s lost out there. I don’t know what game you’re watching. The kid practically had his hands in his pockets the entire time he played.

I hope he does get better. We will probably be counting on him at some point this season because of how guard heavy we are. But let’s remember that this staff hasn’t been very good at developing projects.

« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2018, 07:59:45 AM »
Roberts looked about how you should expect a 3 star, raw big man to look getting his first meaningful minutes surrounded by an experienced lineup with 6 games under their belt together. He'll only get better.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 08:04:12 AM by redstorm212 »

« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2018, 08:06:35 AM »
But let’s remember that this staff hasn’t been very good at developing projects.

It takes two to tango. We haven’t had a four year player under this staff yet so kinda hard to say.

FTR- I’ll take where we are now over where we woulda been if mussini, Ellison, freudenburg etc hung around.

Foad

« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2018, 08:26:18 AM »
It would be great if the staff could prioritize teaching them how to improve.

Since you've never seen them play before, how do you know they haven't improved already? I mean sure, 15 collective minutes into their college careers is a lifetime and I'm as out of patience as the next guy, but it might be they were really bad in September and if so yesterday's performance was a tribute to the staff's skill and perseverance.

Foad

« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2018, 08:28:15 AM »
Roberts looks lost, nervous, fragile

Thanks for the hot take body language guy.

« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2018, 08:33:59 AM »
Easy win and nice to see LJ , Heron and Dixon have very good games.

Need Clark to find his shot or stop shooting as much.

Roberts will be good player down the line but he is very raw right now

Earlington will be playing football somewhere next year. Justin Cole is a better basketball player then him

« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2018, 11:10:36 AM »
You really can't take much out of these games but I will try.
-Five guys hanging out behind the three point line will not work against better comp.
-Does Clark have one of those collars from the Running Man movie where if he goes past the three point line his head will explode?
-For Simon to get involved he has to drive the ball more. Since the other guys are camped around 3 point line at least this will give a different look and get him more involved.
-Prediction. Earlington is going to break a backboard and or possibly put someone's eye out with his jump shot.