Game 10: Wagner

• 82 replies

TONYD3

Re: Wagner game thread
« Reply #40 on: December 16, 2018, 05:32:53 PM »
Yeah. Nova really brought it against Penn.
Nova is getting better, rebounding, taking better shots, and playing defense.

« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2018, 05:36:11 PM »
Really need to turn up. Too much cruise control
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2018, 05:38:40 PM »
#15 Ohio State beat Bucknell by 2.
Old Dominion beat #25 Syracuse.
#5 Michigan beat W. Michigan by 8.
#24 Indiana beat Butler at the buzzer.
#20 Arizona St. beat Georgia by 2.
#7 Nevada beat SD State by 4.

According to you, we aren't as good as ANY of those teams, but we should be blowing teams out. This sport has so much parity today that it's silly. If we win by 1, it's a win.

Dan

« Reply #43 on: December 16, 2018, 05:47:01 PM »
so many first half coasting episodes

cjfish

« Reply #44 on: December 16, 2018, 05:49:35 PM »
you are what your record says you are.....Bill Parcells.  We are undefeated.  Any win is a good win.

TONYD3

« Reply #45 on: December 16, 2018, 06:30:46 PM »
you are what your record says you are.....Bill Parcells.  We are undefeated.  Any win is a good win.
Agree! Great win! Trust the process!

« Reply #46 on: December 16, 2018, 06:46:11 PM »
So close to a Triple-Double for Ponds

TONYD3

« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2018, 07:37:26 PM »
Game day! Where is the excitement? We have arguably the top team in all of Staten Island coming, Where is the discussion?
16-0!

Foad

« Reply #48 on: December 16, 2018, 07:43:22 PM »
so many first half coasting episodes

Remember over the last several years when SJ would lose a close game and nice persons like you would ask about half time adjustments?  Oddly, this year when SJ blows out teams in the second half, that doesn't come up in conversation. Why is that do you think?

Poison

« Reply #49 on: December 16, 2018, 07:43:45 PM »
A win is a win.

As long as the kids close out on shooters starting December 29th we’ll be fine.

It’s interesting because this is the same problem that the Harrison, Green, Branch and Pointer group had as well, until they turned it up as seniors.

QuanMan

« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2018, 07:46:55 PM »
Last time I checked Powell was damn near accounting for 1/3 of Hall's ppg. We have three capable bodies to throw at him on the 29th, honestly I think we win comfortably setting up for a sold out New Year's Night 13-0 against Marquette.

Just got back from Queens. Shamorie is having one of the best year's in program history. If he wins a couple games in the tournament no one should ever wear #2 again. 10-0 feels great. The two games this week is fine tuning, and the complimentary pieces are starting to really gel together.

WE ARE. 
Section 3
Section 116

« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2018, 07:58:00 PM »
Shamorie was phenomenal today. Nothing short of it. Everyone should walk away impressed with what he does
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2018, 08:48:51 PM »
We have one of the best players in the country. We are getting bigger in a week or two. We are becoming a team that comes out in the second half and plays at another level. We are keeping our fouls under control. We are learning how to win. I don't understand how folks could NOT be excited.

« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2018, 08:55:49 PM »
We have one of the best players in the country. We are getting bigger in a week or two. We are becoming a team that comes out in the second half and plays at another level. We are keeping our fouls under control. We are learning how to win. I don't understand how folks could NOT be excited.

Excitement is tempered when we win by a smaller than expected margin nearly every game. Even though we haven’t lost, we’ve dropped in KenPom after each of the last 6 games. We now are out of the top 50 nationally despite being 10-0. 

TONYD3

« Reply #54 on: December 16, 2018, 08:58:22 PM »
Excitement is tempered when we win by a smaller than expected margin nearly every game. Even though we haven’t lost, we’ve dropped in KenPom after each of the last 6 games. We now are out of the top 50 nationally despite being 10-0. 
Paper champions

« Reply #55 on: December 16, 2018, 09:02:54 PM »

Why does any of that matter? People are so focused on these polls and these rankings. The only rankings that matter are the ones that happen at the end of the year. We are 10-0 for the first time in a million years. If we blow a team out, it won't matter to those people anyway because of the schedule that they hate. I have hope in December for the first time in a decade. I hope others join me in keepikg the hope alive.

« Reply #56 on: December 16, 2018, 09:48:35 PM »
Remember over the last several years when SJ would lose a close game and nice persons like you would ask about half time adjustments?  Oddly, this year when SJ blows out teams in the second half, that doesn't come up in conversation. Why is that do you think?
its a very good point because while some of the first halves have been unimpressive the second halves have been much better. Gotta give credit for that just like we killed Norm for 2nd half meltdowns. Undefeated is undefeated no matter how anyone can look at it

Just gotta win he big east games. I think we will
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 09:49:47 PM by mjmaherjr »

TONYD3

« Reply #57 on: December 16, 2018, 09:54:38 PM »
its a very good point because while some of the first halves have been unimpressive the second halves have been much better. Gotta give credit for that just like we killed Norm for 2nd half meltdowns. Undefeated is undefeated no matter how anyone can look at it

Just gotta win he big east games. I think we will
Nonsense. Norm sucked! Him lasting so long was an issue. Not bad luck why this team plays poorly.

« Reply #58 on: December 16, 2018, 10:00:21 PM »
Nonsense. Norm sucked! Him lasting so long was an issue. Not bad luck why this team plays poorly.
Norm was horrible but if memory serves me correct we would start games out well and have meltdowns like Hofstra etc

Johnny23

« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2018, 10:01:46 PM »
All of these questions/doubts will be answered when Big East play begins. It's finally here. Put up time.