Game 13: Seton Hall

• 356 replies
Re: Game 13: Seton Hall
« Reply #180 on: December 29, 2018, 10:57:08 PM »
Don’t put yourself in a position for the refs to decide the game, and the refs need to do the same thing...

This. It’s of course true we looked bad the last few minutes. That last play the refs looked worse

Dan

« Reply #181 on: December 29, 2018, 10:57:10 PM »
The game never should've been that close down the stretch. They played not to lose and you could see it unraveling once it got under the 5 minute mark. Shit call by the ref on that last play but they were pretty shaky all game long and bad calls against both teams.

shaky is one thing...that last call was unreal bad they fell asleep on a game ending play

yes they could have won going away but they still should have won

« Reply #182 on: December 29, 2018, 10:57:14 PM »
That person is not a baby...you're not capable of having deeper thoughts other than black and white. Wow you are stupid

+ 1
This aint boxing. The play wasn't even debatable. Time and situation factor....this was robbery
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:58:02 PM by buckeyestorm »

« Reply #183 on: December 29, 2018, 10:58:20 PM »
If it were a close call I would understand all the “don’t put yourself in this position” platitudes. That wasn’t a close call it was flat out wrong

Dan

« Reply #184 on: December 29, 2018, 10:59:13 PM »
also what's funny is even if he missed that shot at the buzzer the glorious refs called another foul! ever hear of a make up call for shit that would have gotten any of us fired from our jobs?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2018, 10:59:47 PM by Dan »

« Reply #185 on: December 29, 2018, 10:59:43 PM »
I hope ponds has a chip on his shoulder the rest of the season.

« Reply #186 on: December 29, 2018, 11:01:58 PM »
Complete robbery. Need to make FTs though. Any way of a protest taking us to under 3 seconds with Heron having the ball?

Dan

« Reply #187 on: December 29, 2018, 11:02:21 PM »

forget that

I hope he plays better

He was brutal in the last ten and along with the refs lost that game

Foad

« Reply #188 on: December 29, 2018, 11:02:57 PM »
St John's doesn't usually get that screwed by the refs until the post season. So kudos to those fuckers.

Dan

« Reply #189 on: December 29, 2018, 11:03:02 PM »
even better is shu to the top 25 thanks to this con job

« Reply #190 on: December 29, 2018, 11:03:23 PM »
We got fcked, but tonight’s game is reason I want Chris gone. Should’ve never have came to this!The iso offense the use of timeouts.The players deserve better!

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #191 on: December 29, 2018, 11:06:24 PM »
“To clarify on the final inbounds play by Seton Hall. St. John’s was about to steal the ball when the official ruled the play dead. On Inadvertent whistle, if there is no possession by either team, it goes to the “possession arrow.” I believe St. John’s had the arrow.”

Fran
Cougar O' Malley

Dan

« Reply #192 on: December 29, 2018, 11:07:43 PM »
“To clarify on the final inbounds play by Seton Hall. St. John’s was about to steal the ball when the official ruled the play dead. On Inadvertent whistle, if there is no possession by either team, it goes to the “possession arrow.” I believe St. John’s had the arrow.”

Fran

they did.  so they screwed it twice. entire ref team needs to be investigated. Seems really suspect

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #193 on: December 29, 2018, 11:10:36 PM »
As much as it is easy to join the Mullin hater bandwagon now. The facts are that the team executed on defense at the most crucial point of that game.

That play was stolen from them.
Hall got a second look and executed. The game was over.
Cougar O' Malley

« Reply #194 on: December 29, 2018, 11:11:30 PM »
There are two ends of the basketball floor. Didn't hit free throws but LJF made a GREAT defensive play and that should have been rewarded. It was literally the end of the game. It wasn't even close. Yes.....hit your free throws.....but anyone who thinks we deserve to lose is not recognizing that great play by LJF. Two ends of the floor, equally important. Everyone who saw it knows it should have been over.

Johnny23

« Reply #195 on: December 29, 2018, 11:12:28 PM »
they did.  so they screwed it twice. entire ref team needs to be investigated. Seems really suspect

Actually, according to the broadcasters Custer and Elmore, the refs blew the whistle because they claimed the clock didn't start which was another bullshit excuse. If you watched the played .4 seconds actually went off the clock so the refs just needed extra time to make sure they were all on the same page when realizing they F'd up and they conveniently pulled out the BS clock didn;t start excuse. At least that's what the announcers said the refs told them.

« Reply #196 on: December 29, 2018, 11:12:28 PM »
Let into them carmine please
Refs can only determine "who caused the ball to go out of bounds on a deflection involving two or more players in the final two minutes of regulation or overtime." They can't use it to determine whether or not a ball was out of bounds.

The proper call should have been "inadvertent whistle" on the faux out of bounds. "Point of interruption" restart - Johnny ball.  Or, if they don't rule a SJ possession on the LJ save/pass/tap - then go to the possession arrow.

Don't see how they could have watched the video for 5 minutes and gotten away from that. The only reason they look that long is to determine time on the clock, so I knew we were screwed.

HIGHWAY ROBBERY!

« Reply #197 on: December 29, 2018, 11:15:54 PM »
Refs can only determine "who caused the ball to go out of bounds on a deflection involving two or more players in the final two minutes of regulation or overtime." They can't use it to determine whether or not a ball was out of bounds.

The proper call should have been "inadvertent whistle" on the faux out of bounds. "Point of interruption" restart - Johnny ball.  Or, if they don't rule a SJ possession on the LJ save/pass/tap - then go to the possession arrow.

Don't see how they could have watched the video for 5 minutes and gotten away from that. The only reason they look that long is to determine time on the clock, so I knew we were screwed.

HIGHWAY ROBBERY!

I know what the situation was but I just wanted to hear you give the refs a hard time lol. As much as we got robbed of a win, I don’t want to rob seton hall of a win, they did what was necessary, it’s not their fault the refs suck.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2018, 11:21:54 PM »

He should McKnight may have just stole his NBA future. He got locked down.

Marillac

« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2018, 11:28:10 PM »
The refs realized their error and you could see the "oh fvck" look on their faces. They didn't know the rules well enough to fix it...that is the saddest part.

I've never been so mad at the end of a game. To lose to Seton Hall...this way...12-0...with a 6'9 kid jumping around in street clothes on the sidelines with a labia strain instead of giving us the five minutes we needed to win this. What kind of competitor does this. He is only held out because he told the trainer he had discomfort. Imagine Jordan sitting out with discomfort? Walter Payton cut off a finger to stay in a game and Sedee Keita can play beside of an ochie on his knee that is apparently healthy enough to jump around the sidelines with.