• 33 replies
Re: Creighton predictions thread
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2019, 04:57:44 PM »
SJ 89, Creighton 81

We win a track meet

SJUFAN

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2019, 05:02:05 PM »
Wasn't the same thing. Soon as I stepped into Alumni I noticed the dark cloud over the crowd and two dark clouds over the St. John's bench caused by Walden's absence.

Would have been better if Ponds starts than goes down a la Howard; a) we come out pumped and firing on all cylinders (Depaul jumped right out to a lead), b) Mullin gets to have a big, emotional rally the F troops moment during the injury TO and we play the rest of the game with a chip on our shoulder.

Ok but then your saying the team, after hearing Ponds was out, was deflated because how could they possibly beat the mighty DePaul Blue Demons on their home court without their floor general? DePaul! If what you say is true, how could that be anything else but a bad thing.

SJUFAN

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2019, 05:03:17 PM »
Any word on Ponds status for the game?

TONYD3

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2019, 05:50:20 PM »
Get a grip? So you haven’t realized that is exactly what he has been doing? Mullin has been running the same system since day 1. He wants to play at a high pace, even if he doesn’t have the horses, which he certainly didn’t have his first year but it didn’t stop him from playing that way.
Was like running the triple option with 38 year old Eli manning at Qb

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2019, 06:20:20 PM »
Ponds playing
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2019, 06:27:28 PM »
Was like running the triple option with 38 year old Eli manning at Qb

You know you’re on to something when Tony takes a special potty break to agree

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2019, 11:27:23 PM »
Ok but then your saying the team, after hearing Ponds was out, was deflated because how could they possibly beat the mighty DePaul Blue Demons on their home court without their floor general? DePaul! If what you say is true, how could that be anything else but a bad thing.

It's neither good or bad. It's what it is. We're not a good team without Ponds.

Foad

« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2019, 09:23:24 AM »
You know you’re on to something when Tony takes a special potty break to agree

Don't be too hard on Tony. Imagine majoring in a rigorous academic discipline like physical education, taking a grueling 16 credit workload that includes Dodgeball 101 and Introduction to Parallel bars and sweating through midterm blue book essays on floor hockey and then staying up all night cramming for your girl's lacrosse final. And you finally get that degree and get a prestigious job teaching 4th grade in a new york public school no less and then going on to get your Phy Ed master's all the while plying your trade coaching - and remember: "coaching is hard"  - third grade girl's CYO teams and intramural flag football and on top of that signing on to this important web site every time you move your bowels - and lest SJ's opponents forums as well - waxing philosophical about cupards and paper tigers and trust the process and Mullintards and pining for the glory days when John Wooden Pete Newell Steve Lavin led St John's to a glorious first round defeat in the NIT and then when the actual basketball comes around it turns out that you have no #$%^ing clue what you're talking about. All that education and effort and toilet paper down the drain and you're exposed as a complete buffoon and laughingstock. I don't think the fact that he hasn't posted in a month brands him a sniveling little coward and frankly I think he deserves kudos for showing his face at all.

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2019, 11:00:07 AM »
Don't be too hard on Tony. Imagine majoring in a rigorous academic discipline like physical education, taking a grueling 16 credit workload that includes Dodgeball 101 and Introduction to Parallel bars and sweating through midterm blue book essays on floor hockey and then staying up all night cramming for your girl's lacrosse final. And you finally get that degree and get a prestigious job teaching 4th grade in a new york public school no less and then going on to get your Phy Ed master's all the while plying your trade coaching - and remember: "coaching is hard"  - third grade girl's CYO teams and intramural flag football and on top of that signing on to this important web site every time you move your bowels - and lest SJ's opponents forums as well - waxing philosophical about cupards and paper tigers and trust the process and Mullintards and pining for the glory days when John Wooden Pete Newell Steve Lavin led St John's to a glorious first round defeat in the NIT and then when the actual basketball comes around it turns out that you have no #$%^ing clue what you're talking about. All that education and effort and toilet paper down the drain and you're exposed as a complete buffoon and laughingstock. I don't think the fact that he hasn't posted in a month brands him a sniveling little coward and frankly I think he deserves kudos for showing his face at all.

Lol thank you for making me laugh this morning. I've never conversed with the guy but I can tell from afar he's a simpleton. Go Johnnie's go go!!

TONYD3

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2019, 09:36:35 AM »
For the most part I enjoy our friendly banter. Originally I joined this site to talk sports. That is not what it has turned into. My behavior certainly has something to do with that.
The more I conversed with you the less I was enjoying the basketball season. That is why I haven’t been here. Neither afraid of you or blinded by our record tainted by a pathetic schedule.
3-3 with this talent vs this big east is nothing to puff your chest at. But you enjoy it. For the most part I am.
Watching ponds and LJ has been great. Really like all the players. When our coach completely gets his ass handed to him. I don’t get mad, it is expected. Coaching might not be hard, but coach Mullin’s kind of sucks at it. (Not sure if watched the DePaul game, I know you don’t go to games but your boy was in rare form)
Always thought ponds was good, but thought he was a little overrated on here. Don’t think that anymore. Because of him we can win every game we have left including Duke without their PG.
However not expecting it. I will let you guess why.
As much as I want to win, I hope it doesn’t Mask our issues to our new AD. If change doesn’t come, next year will be very embarrassing for our hall of famer.
So far 1 transfer out, The DE looks like he is going Rutgers, who else?
2 scholarship years for 7 minutes of Mikey Dixon. Small guard who is not a PG who doesn’t play defense. Kind of surprised he didn’t last.
You enjoy your season sir. UFOAD!

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2019, 09:57:24 AM »
For the most part I enjoy our friendly banter. Originally I joined this site to talk sports. That is not what it has turned into. My behavior certainly has something to do with that.
The more I conversed with you the less I was enjoying the basketball season. That is why I haven’t been here. Neither afraid of you or blinded by our record tainted by a pathetic schedule.
3-3 with this talent vs this big east is nothing to puff your chest at. But you enjoy it. For the most part I am.
Watching ponds and LJ has been great. Really like all the players. When our coach completely gets his ass handed to him. I don’t get mad, it is expected. Coaching might not be hard, but coach Mullin’s kind of sucks at it. (Not sure if watched the DePaul game, I know you don’t go to games but your boy was in rare form)
Always thought ponds was good, but thought he was a little overrated on here. Don’t think that anymore. Because of him we can win every game we have left including Duke without their PG.
However not expecting it. I will let you guess why.
As much as I want to win, I hope it doesn’t Mask our issues to our new AD. If change doesn’t come, next year will be very embarrassing for our hall of famer.
So far 1 transfer out, The DE looks like he is going Rutgers, who else?
2 scholarship years for 7 minutes of Mikey Dixon. Small guard who is not a PG who doesn’t play defense. Kind of surprised he didn’t last.
You enjoy your season sir. UFOAD!

Plenty of stuff to question CM about regarding the DePaul game. Thought he absolutely should have went zone.

Please share your thoughts on how he coached the creighton game.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 09:58:07 AM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Foad

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2019, 04:49:17 PM »
The more I conversed with you the less I was enjoying the basketball season. That is why I haven’t been here.

Yeah, I don't believe you. You spent six months following last season and the entire preseason predicting disaster and when the disaster did not manifest itself you disappeared. (Although you did pop up on the Seton Hall board.) The fact of the matter is that since good old Dave asked that I no longer call you names I have not addressed you, because being called names is all you're good for. I find it very hard to believe that my one post a day on this web site caused you to not enjoy SJ's undefeated start and subsequent successes and near successes. You could spontaneously combust in the LIRR toilet or win the Miss America contest and it would not have the slightest effect on my enjoyment of college BB or anything else. Because I never gave a shit about you except perhaps as a punching bag. On the contrary, I think SJ's successes caused you to not enjoy the basketball season, because you wanted them to fail to validate your learned prognostications. Anyhoo, feel free to come back, and feel free to enjoy basketball again, I promise I won't even read your posts. Because that's how little you mean to me.

TONYD3

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2019, 10:56:47 PM »
Plenty of stuff to question CM about regarding the DePaul game. Thought he absolutely should have went zone.

Please share your thoughts on how he coached the creighton game.
Thought the team played well. Didn’t take usual bad shots. Didn’t think Creighton was very good. They settled for a lot of long 3’s. Them not being good is not a knock on St. John’s. We played well and won.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:14:37 PM by TONYD3 »

TONYD3

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2019, 11:13:41 PM »
Yeah, I don't believe you. You spent six months following last season and the entire preseason predicting disaster and when the disaster did not manifest itself you disappeared. (Although you did pop up on the Seton Hall board.) The fact of the matter is that since good old Dave asked that I no longer call you names I have not addressed you, because being called names is all you're good for. I find it very hard to believe that my one post a day on this web site caused you to not enjoy SJ's undefeated start and subsequent successes and near successes. You could spontaneously combust in the LIRR toilet or win the Miss America contest and it would not have the slightest effect on my enjoyment of college BB or anything else. Because I never gave a shit about you except perhaps as a punching bag. On the contrary, I think SJ's successes caused you to not enjoy the basketball season, because you wanted them to fail to validate your learned prognostications. Anyhoo, feel free to come back, and feel free to enjoy basketball again, I promise I won't even read your posts. Because that's how little you mean to me.
Thanks I am literally howling laughing. The fact that I have gotten you so mad makes me feel good.

You don’t know me. I responded honestly to your taunts. Even if I was lying, Why do u care?
However i do care. Still a big fan. Tired of losing.