Anyone selling 2 duke tix?

• 21 replies

Tha Kid

Anyone selling 2 duke tix?
« on: January 18, 2019, 09:19:55 AM »
I’ll be down there.  Anyone have tickets and need to sell for some reason? If so, PM me.  Prices are even more exorbitant on stub hub right now - Zion phenomenon. 
"I drink and I know things"

Re: Anyone selling 2 duke tix?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 10:56:00 AM »
cheapest ticket at the moment is $403 on stubhub, holy cow

Tha Kid

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2019, 10:58:57 AM »
cheapest ticket at the moment is $403 on stubhub, holy cow

It's insane...though with Tre's injury and us dropping out of top 25 maybe goes down a bit...

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2019, 04:33:48 PM »
It's insane...though with Tre's injury and us dropping out of top 25 maybe goes down a bit...

I hope you get to go.  Must be fun watching your two favorite teams play each other.  I'm still waiting for that.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2019, 05:05:46 PM »

Tre is back very soon supposedly. Only grade 1 separation.

Tha Kid

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2019, 06:00:13 PM »
I hope you get to go.  Must be fun watching your two favorite teams play each other.  I'm still waiting for that.

Thanks carmine - it is a lot of fun.  There’s actually 4 of us going and we have 2 tix already so just working on other 2.  Definitely going to go even if it means paying exorbitant fee to some scalper in Durham - haven’t been down there for a game in nearly 15 years and decided it’s time especially with Shamorie and Zion.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 06:00:34 PM by Tha Kid »

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2019, 01:57:04 AM »
Thanks carmine - it is a lot of fun.  There’s actually 4 of us going and we have 2 tix already so just working on other 2.  Definitely going to go even if it means paying exorbitant fee to some scalper in Durham - haven’t been down there for a game in nearly 15 years and decided it’s time especially with Shamorie and Zion.
It's definitely time. It'll be like a fun walk down memory lane for you.

I got close once at Msg. as St. John's played West Virginia in the undercard followed by Albany and BU in the feature. I recall wearing a Red Storm shirt and a Great Danes hat to the event.  I was in a luxury suite which cleared out completely after the Johnny game leaving me all alone by myself with the bar.  I polished off a bottle of Tanquery with Becks chasers and watched the Danes get smoked by 30. My Lirr car was spinning on the ride home but it was a fun night.

Tha Kid

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2019, 11:10:26 AM »
It's definitely time. It'll be like a fun walk down memory lane for you.

I got close once at Msg. as St. John's played West Virginia in the undercard followed by Albany and BU in the feature. I recall wearing a Red Storm shirt and a Great Danes hat to the event.  I was in a luxury suite which cleared out completely after the Johnny game leaving me all alone by myself with the bar.  I polished off a bottle of Tanquery with Becks chasers and watched the Danes get smoked by 30. My Lirr car was spinning on the ride home but it was a fun night.

Sounds awesome.  Let’s hope you get that chance to see them play soon!

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2019, 10:21:47 AM »
I’ll be down there.  Anyone have tickets and need to sell for some reason? If so, PM me.  Prices are even more exorbitant on stub hub right now - Zion phenomenon. 
I was going to go. If you join iron dukes (their red and white club), costs 100 dollars. They have ticket exchange. Works often.
Also plenty of scalpers. Supposed to be cheaper then stub hub.

Tha Kid

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2019, 03:05:26 PM »
I was going to go. If you join iron dukes (their red and white club), costs 100 dollars. They have ticket exchange. Works often.
Also plenty of scalpers. Supposed to be cheaper then stub hub.

Thanks - we already have an iron duke on that for us.  Scalpers are plentiful near Cameron but lots of scammers.   ESP with Zion it’s not as easy to get a ticket day of as it used to be.

TONYD3

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2019, 07:57:52 PM »
Thanks - we already have an iron duke on that for us.  Scalpers are plentiful near Cameron but lots of scammers.   ESP with Zion it’s not as easy to get a ticket day of as it used to be.
Good luck. Let me know how it turns out. Hope to go next time.

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2019, 03:41:58 PM »
I saw SJU play Duke at Cameron Indoor in 2012, it's the best basketball experience of my life, maybe sports experience ever. That atmosphere is unlike anything ever

Tha Kid

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2019, 04:13:23 PM »
Good luck. Let me know how it turns out. Hope to go next time.

Will do - you def should.  Cameron is the best place to watch a basketball game in america (esp. from the student section).

TONYD3

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »
Will do - you def should.  Cameron is the best place to watch a basketball game in america (esp. from the student section).
Thanks have fun

Tha Kid

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2019, 10:43:08 PM »
FYI got general admission tix (student section).  Hopefully the johnnies can make it a good game at least !

« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2019, 12:59:54 AM »
FYI got general admission tix (student section).  Hopefully the johnnies can make it a good game at least !

Do you have your blue face paint ready?  Do you point at the opponent when he's taking a throw in near you?

Tha Kid

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2019, 08:38:50 AM »
Do you have your blue face paint ready?  Do you point at the opponent when he's taking a throw in near you?

LOL.  Haven’t done that since I was a sophomore.   There used to be general admission seats on the side the teams benches are on (“non-tv side”) and by junior year we’d sit there.  Apparently they sell those seats now rather than let sneaky students sit there.

Def not waving my hand at any johnnies!  My friends won’t speak to me after if St. John’s wins. 

Tha Kid

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2019, 12:53:24 PM »
My friend may have extra tickets if anyone needs.   Though he prob will upcharge a St. John’s fan.  PM me if down here and looking to go.  Will try to convince him.

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2019, 12:56:13 PM »
Kid, what hat are you wearing tomorrow?

Tha Kid

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2019, 01:20:37 AM »
Kid, what hat are you wearing tomorrow?

I’ll be in duke gear since I’m on campus in the student section but you know deep down id love a St. John’s victory.