The Future of this Program

• 178 replies
The Future of this Program
« on: January 28, 2019, 10:30:24 AM »
The Post had an article out today.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/27/the-chris-mullin-whispers-look-justified-as-st-johns-collapses/

I know its early but I am curious to hear thoughts. We turn it around this is non-issue if we do well in BE and make NCAAs. However, if we do not and we only make NIT after this start how much more patience will program have with current coaching situation. I think we all want Mullin to thrive but if we do not take next step how long is the leash? Whats everyones view?

And also what about Marc Jackson and his alleged frosty relationship with school?? Anyone have more on that.

wpc77

Re: The Future of this Program
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2019, 11:14:14 AM »
The Post had an article out today.
https://nypost.com/2019/01/27/the-chris-mullin-whispers-look-justified-as-st-johns-collapses/

I know its early but I am curious to hear thoughts. We turn it around this is non-issue if we do well in BE and make NCAAs. However, if we do not and we only make NIT after this start how much more patience will program have with current coaching situation. I think we all want Mullin to thrive but if we do not take next step how long is the leash? Whats everyones view?

And also what about Marc Jackson and his alleged frosty relationship with school?? Anyone have more on that.

I don't think Mark has a frosty relationship with the school.  I just don't think he's ever taking a job outside of southern Cali again.  He is a born again Christian and I believe he still runs this Church there (well, co-ran it with his wife until she divorced him a few years after the FBI arrested a stripper he was f*cking and her cohort for trying to extort him for $200k because of naked pictures of him that she held in her possession): https://www.facebook.com/pages/True-Love-Worship-Center-International/137461129650921
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 11:16:14 AM by wpc77 »

TONYD3

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2019, 11:34:37 AM »
Need an experienced college coach who wants to work. No more heros!

Marillac

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2019, 11:42:12 AM »
We will dance like it's goddamn studio 54 in the 70's this March.
You are all fools.  Blind fools.  Blind, impatient fools.

7 seeds in the south.  First round win.

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2019, 11:54:17 AM »
If we lose 2 of the next 3, we need to go 6-2 at worst, 7-1 to finish to have any shot. Feels unrealistic at this point

goredmen

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2019, 12:01:34 PM »

What record do you think we have to go in the remainder of the regular season + BET to get a 7 seed?

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2019, 12:02:20 PM »
If we lose 2 of the next 3, we need to go 6-2 at worst, 7-1 to finish to have any shot. Feels unrealistic at this point

I do not see a path to us beating Marquette and Duke at their places, Creighton yes but not the other two. The play we have scene lately has not been up to par and coupled with playing away at 2 good teams with a banged up Shamorie. Recipe for disaster.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:03:24 PM by friendofjohnnie »

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2019, 12:06:10 PM »
If SJU wins on Wednesday night, team could get to 10 wins based on back half of schedule.  Anything short of a win on Wednesday would mean team is looking at potentially 3-7 over first 10 and would have to win 7 of 8 remaining in conference.  Ball game, not happening!

TONYD3

« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »

For those new around here. Professor Marillac will completely change his tune the day mullin is finally let go.

« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2019, 12:16:01 PM »

I’m with you except still think higher than 7 seed is possible. Gotta find that mojo from the Marquette game.

It’s too early to be talking about the next coach, we need to see how this year rounds out and beyond that next year with a much more balanced roster. Barring an epic collapse Mullin isn’t going anywhere unless he decides to.

Marillac

« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2019, 01:00:33 PM »
For those new around here. Professor Marillac will completely change his tune the day mullin is finally let go.

Other than the impossibly incompetent Norm Roberts, I have supported every coach remaining coach since Fran.

I sincerely thank you for your continued efforts in making sure the double-digit IQ portion of our fanbase is represented. I think we can all agree that it is important to have all factions heard from. Thank you, please PM me an address I can send some crayons and coloring books to.

TONYD3

« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2019, 01:19:03 PM »
Other than the impossibly incompetent Norm Roberts, I have supported every coach remaining coach since Fran.

I sincerely thank you for your continued efforts in making sure the double-digit IQ portion of our fanbase is represented. I think we can all agree that it is important to have all factions heard from. Thank you, please PM me an address I can send some crayons and coloring books to.
U supported Lavin right up until the end. Then he was fired and a immediate change in position. Same will happen this time.
Please explain blind fools. What are we missing professor? Looked like the same crappy basketball team to me.
Tied for last place AGAIN
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 01:22:17 PM by TONYD3 »

goredmen

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2019, 01:42:45 PM »
I’m with you except still think higher than 7 seed is possible.

Wut

Marillac

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2019, 02:13:54 PM »
U supported Lavin right up until the end. Then he was fired and a immediate change in position. Same will happen this time.
Please explain blind fools. What are we missing professor? Looked like the same crappy basketball team to me.
Tied for last place AGAIN

I don't think Lavin should have been fired. When he was, I offered my support to Mullin. I will do the same if Mullin left or was let go.

Neither Lavin nor Mullin share the same basketball philosophy I do, but Mullin is closer.

I will support any coach until they can no longer get top players. Mullin is still doing that as evidenced by the recent 2020 commit from the #58 player in the country.

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2019, 02:46:49 PM »
Wut

I’m an eternal optimist. I think this team flashed some of the best offense I’ve seen from a college team and I think that is still attainable.

Every home game left, outside Nova, is more winnable than the ones we have played and we should be able to pick up a road win or 2 and I think will beat Nova next time out.

Lot of things have to go right or get back to being right anyway, but it seems possible.

« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2019, 02:50:04 PM »
I should add that it’s also fairly likely that we have begun a tail spin and only win 2 or 3 more games

goredmen

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2019, 02:57:57 PM »
I’m an eternal optimist. I think this team flashed some of the best offense I’ve seen from a college team and I think that is still attainable.

Every home game left, outside Nova, is more winnable than the ones we have played and we should be able to pick up a road win or 2 and I think will beat Nova next time out.

Lot of things have to go right or get back to being right anyway, but it seems possible.

We'd need at least 10 more wins this season to get better than a 7 seed

« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2019, 03:22:17 PM »
Gloom and doom - same as it ever was.

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2019, 04:26:59 PM »
We'd need at least 10 more wins this season to get better than a 7 seed

Depends on who those wins are against

Poison

« Reply #19 on: January 28, 2019, 11:50:47 PM »
Need an experienced college coach who wants to work. No more heros!

Any candidate without success as a D1 head coach can go F themselves.