The Future of this Program

• 178 replies

SJUFAN

Re: The Future of this Program
« Reply #140 on: February 16, 2019, 04:29:08 PM »
You attempting to discredit the staff for landing ponds is ridiculous. Absolutely ridiculous.

What is ridiculous about facts? What did I say that is inaccurate? This staff gets credit for honoring the scholarship Lavin extended Ponds and following through. Did the current staff discover Mussini? LoVett? They didn’t nor did they discover Ponds. He was hand to them on a silver platter. Come on now we see how well this staff recruit s HS.

« Reply #141 on: February 16, 2019, 04:31:24 PM »
What is ridiculous about facts? What did I say that is inaccurate? This staff gets credit for honoring the scholarship Lavin extended Ponds and following through. Did the current staff discover Mussini? LoVett? They didn’t nor did they discover Ponds. He was hand to them on a silver platter. Come on now we see how well this staff recruit s HS.

Yea man recruiting is just handing out a scholarship. You are ruining your credibility with this one. It’s #$%^ing ridiculous.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 04:32:06 PM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

SJUFAN

« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2019, 04:34:05 PM »
Lavin's last year six players played more than 10 minutes a game - those six played 92 percent of available minutes - and that includes 12 games where Pointer and Obekpa fouled out and of course the immortal game where he started the walk-ons because he had a premonition. Mullin's fourth year eight players have played more than 10 minutes. If Lavin's bench was so deep and talented why didn't he use them?

Relatively speaking, no it wasn’t deep and talented. However comparatively speaking...that bench was deaper than our current bench.

« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2019, 04:35:35 PM »
Lavin's last year six players played more than 10 minutes a game - those six played 92 percent of available minutes - and that includes 12 games where Pointer and Obekpa fouled out and of course the immortal game where he started the walk-ons because he had a premonition. Mullin's fourth year eight players have played more than 10 minutes. If Lavin's bench was so deep and talented why didn't he use them?

Not to mention after those six guys, balamou only played in 22 games. Jones 20. Amar 24. Stewart, a walk on, 20.

Foad

« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2019, 04:59:33 PM »
So you think this years team is deeper?

[insert facts]

Relatively speaking, no it wasn’t deep

Well, that didn't take long.

SJUFAN

« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2019, 05:03:12 PM »
Yea man recruiting is just handing out a scholarship. You are ruining your credibility with this one. It’s #$%^ing ridiculous.

Your not saying anything. I say the previous staff recruited him, not just because they extended a ship, because they were and Mullin benefited from that. What evidence do you have that would suggest otherwise outside of your feelings?

SJUFAN

« Reply #146 on: February 16, 2019, 05:12:06 PM »

Not to mention after those six guys, balamou only played in 22 games. Jones 20. Amar 24. Stewart, a walk on, 20.

Now that we established that...it’s funny your only mentioning one side and not show how does that compare to this years bench? Who’s bench played more total games? Who’s benched scored more total points? Who’s bench played more total minutes? Who’s bench was higher in every statical category? It’s not even a debate?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 05:13:45 PM by SJUFAN »

SJUFAN

« Reply #147 on: February 16, 2019, 05:14:35 PM »
[insert facts]

Well, that didn't take long.

Cute...now tell me whose bench was better?

« Reply #148 on: February 16, 2019, 05:42:09 PM »
Your not saying anything. I say the previous staff recruited him, not just because they extended a ship, because they were and Mullin benefited from that. What evidence do you have that would suggest otherwise outside of your feelings?

What you said was a top 50 recruit was handed on a silver platter to them. Cause yea it’s thats easy.

SJUFAN

« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2019, 05:47:10 PM »

I’m not trying to detract from the current staff recruiting of Ponds. They still had to. All I’m saying is the previous staff put in a lot of leg work which helped. Just like Mussini and LoVett.

« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2019, 05:48:13 PM »
Now that we established that...it’s funny your only mentioning one side and not show how does that compare to this years bench? Who’s bench played more total games? Who’s benched scored more total points? Who’s bench played more total minutes? Who’s bench was higher in every statical category? It’s not even a debate?

Ok when this season is done We’ll compare all the totals together. Here is one total for you. The the 7,8,9, 10th players on lavins last team combined for a total of 118 points over all 33 games. Your claim was it was deeper. It had the best player (Branch) it was not deeper.

« Reply #151 on: February 16, 2019, 05:49:11 PM »
I’m not trying to detract from the current staff recruiting of Ponds. They still had to. All I’m saying is the previous staff put in a lot of leg work which helped. Just like Mussini and LoVett.

You have a funny way of not detracting from them.

SJUFAN

« Reply #152 on: February 16, 2019, 06:11:25 PM »
Ok when this season is done We’ll compare all the totals together. Here is one total for you. The the 7,8,9, 10th players on lavins last team combined for a total of 118 points over all 33 games. Your claim was it was deeper. It had the best player (Branch) it was not deeper.

Haha...So you want to omit Branch from the bench totals? Come on he counts unless you want to remove the 6th man off Mullins bench at the end. Honestly, 5-10 you would take Trimble, Williams, Keita, Roberts and the football player over Lavins bench?
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 06:13:40 PM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #153 on: February 16, 2019, 06:17:49 PM »
Haha...So you want to omit Branch from the bench totals? Come on he counts. Honestly, 5-10 you would take Trimble, Williams, Keita, Roberts and the football player over Lavins bench?

I was the biggest c Jones fan in the world that’s not the point. He didn’t play the bench his last year because he didn’t think they were any good. This year I think we have 3 guys the staff can trust for 10-15 minutes a game and those 3 players fill some holes for our starters. If Roberts continues to show some improvement that will mean 4 and will fill an even bigger hole. Lavin trusted branch and the starters. If you want to say at each of their very best sju days, Amar, Felix, Cj, and Myles Stewart were better players than Keita Trimble Williams and Roberts then we can discuss that. But that year they weren’t and lavin most definitely didn’t think so. 

« Reply #154 on: February 16, 2019, 06:58:18 PM »
I was the biggest c Jones fan in the world that’s not the point. He didn’t play the bench his last year because he didn’t think they were any good. This year I think we have 3 guys the staff can trust for 10-15 minutes a game and those 3 players fill some holes for our starters. If Roberts continues to show some improvement that will mean 4 and will fill an even bigger hole. Lavin trusted branch and the starters. If you want to say at each of their very best sju days, Amar, Felix, Cj, and Myles Stewart were better players than Keita Trimble Williams and Roberts then we can discuss that. But that year they weren’t and lavin most definitely didn’t think so. 

At their very best they might be better than the guys we have now, but I think very good chance this group will end up better. If both Trimble and Williams stay here they will both be quality starters.

Marillac

« Reply #155 on: February 16, 2019, 07:17:21 PM »
I’m not trying to detract from the current staff recruiting of Ponds.

That’s actually what you did: 

“Ponds, LoVett, Mussini was recruited by the previous staff. But even if we gave Ponds to the current staff”

Even if we gave Ponds to the current staff!!!!  The staff landed the #36 RSCI recruit who has gone one to be one of the top 5-7 players in program history when we sucked.

Heron is the highest rated recruit since Omar. Simon was RSCI #30. Figgy was to 100. Tabor is too 60. C’mon dude .

Foad

« Reply #156 on: February 16, 2019, 08:31:22 PM »
Cute...now tell me whose bench was better?

The more you talk the dumber you reveal yourself to be. Which I wouldn't have thought possible, but yet you persevere.

SJUFAN

« Reply #157 on: February 16, 2019, 08:58:50 PM »
The more you talk the dumber you reveal yourself to be. Which I wouldn't have thought possible, but yet you persevere.

Maybe so...yet you failed to answer the question. Typical avoidance when you have little substance to add to the discussion.

SJUFAN

« Reply #158 on: February 16, 2019, 09:02:58 PM »
At their very best they might be better than the guys we have now, but I think very good chance this group will end up better. If both Trimble and Williams stay here they will both be quality starters.

I’m not high on Trimble. I like Williams and Roberts. None of them are close to the production of Branch as of today. He alone brings that group over the top.

SJUFAN

« Reply #159 on: February 16, 2019, 09:13:23 PM »

I’m not saying Lavins bench were good, outside of Branch. I’m saying they were better and used more than our current bench. Williams and Roberts could develop to be solid contributors, but as of this writing the totality of the bench’s production and contributions did not exceed Lavins bench. That’s just the facts. A lot of that is on Mullin, he chooses to play his starters for extended minutes and I think Williams and Roberts are good enough to play more minutes. When I say good enough I mean good enough to spell the starters and give them some rest.