Time to go Chris & pals....

• 77 replies

Foad

Re: Time to go Chris & pals....
« Reply #60 on: February 05, 2019, 03:19:18 PM »
Goodman new Hot Seat article. Mullin listed as "Up In The Air"

I'm going to get an enormous schadenboner when Mullin gets extended in April.

Marillac

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2019, 03:22:49 PM »

So you will be extended when Mullin gets extended....

LoganK

« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2019, 05:33:36 PM »
So you will be extended when Mullin gets extended....
Well done, sir.

« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2019, 06:00:06 PM »
If Mullin gets extended, this program is worse off than now.

Marillac

« Reply #64 on: February 05, 2019, 10:55:11 PM »
If Mullin gets extended, this program is worse off than now.

Your post has aged poorly in just 5 hours.

« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2019, 11:00:36 PM »
It was a great win, and am extremely happy. However this program still needs major changes. I may have jumped the gun, but until Mullin puts together a quality staff, he will always be a step behind the elite in conference.

« Reply #66 on: February 05, 2019, 11:05:27 PM »
It was a great win, and am extremely happy. However this program still needs major changes. I may have jumped the gun, but until Mullin puts together a quality staff, he will always be a step behind the elite in conference.

What is an elite staff? Is that not predicated on winning? Is winning this year after finally bringing in their own guys acceptable? Is a balanced roster next year (for the first time in—-) also a good sign?

Marillac

« Reply #67 on: February 06, 2019, 02:28:42 AM »

We are in sole possession of third place in the conference, just swept the #2 team, and it’s only Mullin’s 4th season.

Imagine what he will do with size, depth, and continuity? Or as he abandons his staff continue to learn and improve? Yikes.

« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2019, 01:56:40 PM »
This is exactly why this staff can not win consistently. 0 ability to play 40 minutes, night in and night out. Like I said, need changes.

TONYD3

« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2019, 08:04:46 PM »
Almost as funny as your stupid name

Foad

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2019, 04:38:08 PM »
I know I said I cwied because I said you was Buwwuying me but I think I wuv you

Marillac

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2019, 11:57:53 AM »
This is exactly why this staff can not win consistently. 0 ability to play 40 minutes, night in and night out. Like I said, need changes.

Lol

TONYD3

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2019, 12:30:11 PM »
Lol
Blind fool. All he sees is another beat down.

Marillac

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2019, 12:52:05 PM »
Blind fool. All he sees is another beat down.

Sick post, Gollum.

« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2019, 06:17:58 PM »
Putting aside all of the quality wins for a moment, Coach Mullin is succeeding in the only place that really matters.  At the box office!

We just sold out the Garden for the first time since 2011 with an unranked team against a Nova team having a down year.

We've sold out all the Alumni hall conference games and even had decent crowds against the smaller conference teams.

The Butler game was a late start on a Tuesday night with horrendous weather and road conditions and the place was packed.

Just watch how many come out for the Pirate game.  I'm sure the St. Johns brass already consider the Mullin hire a success even before we ever play a March madness game.

Marillac

« Reply #75 on: February 18, 2019, 06:30:39 PM »
Putting aside all of the quality wins for a moment, Coach Mullin is succeeding in the only place that really matters.  At the box office!

We just sold out the Garden for the first time since 2011 with an unranked team against a Nova team having a down year.

We've sold out all the Alumni hall conference games and even had decent crowds against the smaller conference teams.

The Butler game was a late start on a Tuesday night with horrendous weather and road conditions and the place was packed.

Just watch how many come out for the Pirate game.  I'm sure the St. Johns brass already consider the Mullin hire a success even before we ever play a March madness game.

He’s a complete success. Recruiting, big wins, silencing dopes, selling tix.

TONYD3

« Reply #76 on: February 18, 2019, 06:46:33 PM »
He’s a complete success. Recruiting, big wins, silencing dopes, selling tix.
That’s why this forum loses people. No reason to be a dick all the time. Mullin has sold plenty of tickets. He has had some huge wins. He has recruited great players.
He has also lost an incredible amount of players. His winning percentage is terrible.
Yesterday was awesome. Hope it happens again Wednesday.

pmg911

« Reply #77 on: February 19, 2019, 03:27:53 PM »
If this team, with the one of the top 3 starting fives in the conference & a bench that played its best game... can’t beat a below average G-town team at home with 10 days to prepare & goes in the tank and misses the NCAA’s... it’s time for Mullin & his buddies(Richmond & St. Jean) to go. 

It’s becoming more and MORE obvious Mullin can’t coach his way out of a paper bag, Richmond is useless since he does ZERO recruiting & a 27 year old ex-NBA coach’s son, St. Jean is the one running the timeouts & drawing up the plays..🤬🙄😴... if I was the new AD I would fire all three of them & only keep Matty A around because he is the ONLY one on the staff keeping in touch & doing ANY recruiting at all.... I would give the new coach the option of keeping or firing him as well.

Let’s face it if u have TWO NBA HOF’ers on ur bench & still can’t close the deal with all but ONE five star recruit in four years.. why are they even here?... Love ya Chris, best SJU player ever but ur lazy, have NO one with any real college experience on ur staff & ur tying ur sneakers during the biggest timeout in the game yesterday.

i PRAY they turn it around for the teams sake & make me eat my words but I’m sure as Hell not counting on it..... and someone better tell Ponds he ain’t getting drafted when a 6’1 frosh EMBARASSES him in the last five minutes at MSG... and if u can’t guard him u ain’t getting anywhere near the NBA..lol

A REAL head coach would have grabbed Ponds Jersey HARD and asked him if he was really gonna let this FROSH punk him on his home floor & than told him take every shot if u have to down the stretch & only dish to wide open shooters on the wings if he drove down the lane.... but Mullin said & did NOTHING but clap his hands... this ain’t the NBA Chris u actually have to INSTRUCT these kids what to do in these situations..clapping does jack shit!

Haven’t been this embarrassed as an SJU fan since the Jarvis era.... as I’m sure many of the big money donors felt as well... turn this thing around or don’t let the door hit ur ass on the way out..😡🤨😒🤢

Hello OLd REd. .  ScoTCH...   EtC.....     WherE are you NOW..?!?

If St. JOhn's drOps oNE to Providence or SHu, I am suRe YOu will crawl BACk out of your HoLe...

CloWN?1?!?