Game 23: @Marquette (FS1, 570 AM)

• 148 replies

Foad

Re: Game 23: @Marquette (FS1, 570 AM)
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2019, 08:08:14 AM »
We have seen those shots be made no matter how low of a percentage shot it is.

Agree. I'd like to see SJ start taking those early in the shot clock before the defense has a chance to set up.

Foad

« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2019, 08:10:52 AM »
I rather tell them not to foul.

Good strategy. He should tell them that at the beginning of every game so that they don't commit any, that'd be a huge advantage over teams where either the coach told them to foul or didn't tell them not to foul.

« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2019, 08:37:32 AM »
Agree. I'd like to see SJ start taking those early in the shot clock before the defense has a chance to set up.
Lmao

SJUFAN

« Reply #144 on: February 08, 2019, 08:16:49 PM »
Good strategy. He should tell them that at the beginning of every game so that they don't commit any, that'd be a huge advantage over teams where either the coach told them to foul or didn't tell them not to foul.
If you were ever involved in any organized contact sport you would understand the application of that comment in that setting and the reality that there are times when coaches want to remind their players not to be aggressive by telling them “not to foul”. I know what your about to say, I clearly don’t know the vigors of being on the chess team like you do and until I know what it feels like to castle while inhaling on a asthma pump I shouldn’t judge. Well your right about that, so I’ll just go out on a limb.

SJUFAN

« Reply #146 on: February 08, 2019, 08:31:05 PM »
Glad someone on the team sees that as an issue.

Glad someone on the team felt it was worth telling the media that him and his college basketball teammates got together and watched film.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

SJUFAN

« Reply #147 on: February 08, 2019, 08:35:08 PM »

It shows that this staff overlooks these small details and through the course of a close game could be the difference between winning and losing. If he made the shot and we loss how many on this board would have pointed out the poor way they played that last possession? Make or miss it was played poorly.

Foad

« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2019, 09:34:01 AM »
I clearly don’t know the vigors of being on the chess team like you do and until I know what it feels like to castle while inhaling on a asthma pump I shouldn’t judge

Vigors is the wrong word, you meant rigors and "inhaling on a asthma pump" (an asthma pump, shirley) is clunky, how about 'while using an asthma inhaler.' Also I wasn't in the chess club, although I was a Mathlete. Otherwise, sick burn dude.