Rank St. John's Best Players since Ron Artest

• 50 replies
Rank St. John's Best Players since Ron Artest
« on: February 06, 2019, 04:53:40 PM »
So Zach B from the Post recently posted this article supportive of Shamorie's strong last game. Shamorie in general has been great for this program but he said something a bit out there that may generate some interesting commentary- saying he was our best player since Ron Artest?!

https://nypost.com/2019/02/06/these-are-the-moments-shamorie-ponds-should-be-known-for/

Have at it- your top 5 St. John's players since Ron Artest, Shamorie may or may not be on your list........

Re: Rank St. John's Best Players since Ron Artest
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 04:59:34 PM »
Not be on your top 5 list? List!?!
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

wpc77

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 05:00:12 PM »
1. Slick
2. Marcus
3. D Lo

There are a bunch of others after that but for various reasons I would not put them on the level of the other 3 (Mo (only 1 season), Barkley, Bootsy and Lavor (each only 1 season without Artest), Jakarr)
« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 05:01:00 PM by wpc77 »

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2019, 05:16:25 PM »
1-Hatten
2-Omar Cook
3-Hardy
4-Ponds
5-DJ

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2019, 05:21:21 PM »
Post elite 8 team.

Ponds
Hatten
D’angelo Hardy

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2019, 05:21:39 PM »
Not be on your top 5 list? List!?!

I consider alot of factors including talent but also who I want in crunch time when I need to score or have an unbelievable game to lift a program/team up. I do not expect to be perfect here and there are many others that are close to making it.

1. Moe
2. Marcus
3. D'angelo
4. Shamorie
5. DJ

Also considered Jakarr, Dom, Phil, Dwight, Bootsy. If CO was not a knucklehead and developed his offensive game he would not have been far off.

« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2019, 05:26:34 PM »
I consider alot of factors including talent but also who I want in crunch time when I need to score or have an unbelievable game to lift a program/team up. I do not expect to be perfect here and there are many others that are close to making it.

1. Moe
2. Marcus
3. D'angelo
4. Shamorie
5. DJ

Also considered Jakarr, Dom, Phil, Dwight, Bootsy. If CO was not a knucklehead and developed his offensive game he would not have been far off.

It’s your list but respectfully, Ponds 4th is insane considering two of the factors you listed were talent and clutch.

« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2019, 05:44:12 PM »
Harkless was the best pro talent and that was shown in where he was drafted after only one year.  He'd be 1 for me but I think fairness keeps him off a list like this because he played only one year under crazy circumstances.

Its Hatten or Ponds for me.  Probably Hatten with the door left open for Ponds to leapfrog. 

I loved Hardy but Ponds is a better all around player.

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 06:08:06 PM »
He's the best player since Mullin. Chris was a better shot and was an enormous team  motivator. Shamorie is a more creative, fearless, acrobatic, and resourceful, and a motivator. He is a game changer in a league only with World be Free. Both WBF and Chris were surrounded with great  other reliable go to players. Shamorie has been successful alone for a lot of his time here and has become a leading assist, steal, and rebounder since he has a team with some real go to guys. I have seen them all for a long time. He is the best and, the most fun to watch, with or without the ball.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2019, 07:06:26 PM »
Ponds
Barkley
Postell

Hatten
Harrison
Harkless

Hardy

Foad

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2019, 07:58:45 PM »
No particular order:

M Hatten
S Ponds
D Hill
D Harrison
D Hardy

Any other list is wrong.

Foad

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2019, 08:03:07 PM »
If CO was not a knucklehead and developed his offensive game he would not have been far off.

If Quincy Roberts was 11 feet tall and had led the country in scoring while leading St John's to a NC championship I'd have considered him. Unfortunately I had to leave him off my list for those reasons. Also, Chris Obekpa sucked, that's another reason.

Johnny23

« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2019, 08:06:24 PM »
Ponds
Barkley
Harkless
Hardy
Hatten
Harrison

Foad

« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2019, 08:08:01 PM »
Close but try again, you got 4 of 5, "since Artest". Hint, his name starts with Showtime and it doesn't start with Mo.

Ponds
Barkley
Postell

Hatten
Harrison
Harkless

Hardy

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2019, 08:18:06 PM »
Ponds
Hardy
Harrison
Hatten
LJ

« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2019, 08:26:55 PM »
Only started following in 08 but:

Ponds
Kennedy
Harrison
Harkless
Hardy

LJ will surpass Hardy next year.

Poison

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2019, 11:44:53 PM »
I love Ponds, but this season is incomplete and I can’t put him ahead of a guy who made the tournament w almost nothing, and the best pure point guard we’ve had since Jackson.

If I’m taking a one hit wonder, it’s the guy who led the BE in assists. Had Jarvis loaded up on easy games in 00-01, we would have had a chance at dancing.

1.Hatten
2.Barkley
3.Ponds
4.Bootsy
5.Cook
—————-
6.Hardy
7.Harrison
8.Kennedy
9.Brownlee
10.Glover

Poison

« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2019, 11:47:10 PM »
Close but try again, you got 4 of 5, "since Artest". Hint, his name starts with Showtime and it doesn't start with Mo.

What show was that? I don’t remember any show other than a guy with a bad knee who couldn’t shoot.

Poison

« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2019, 11:56:15 PM »
I don’t get the ranking for Harkless. He did practically nothing here. He’s on par with Mussini as a St.John’s player.

Who did Harkless beat? Voting for him as a prospect makes sense, but not as a St.John’s player.

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2019, 12:25:25 AM »
Avery Patterson
Paris Horne
Phil Greene
Justin Simon

Chronologically - not ability