Game 24: Providence, High Noon (CBSS, 570 AM)

• 100 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Game 24: Providence, High Noon (CBSS, 570 AM)
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2019, 08:59:27 PM »
Funny, when Lavin took over for Roberts, no one said that he inherited a tournament team.

This isn’t the forum for accuracy. It’s unfortunate that Lavin doesn’t receive the credit he deserves for the success of that team.

« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2019, 09:00:23 PM »
l

Sure....  I'm lying.  You're the mentally ill one, you bigoted pussy.

Do you even work, unbalanced one?  This your post from Redmen in reference to Owens' dad....  You #$%^in' putz.

"Is you be receibing sub par returns from youse 6 foots 11 inches sons? There's can be ways you can's be receiving above averages returns. Ifs so, subscribeses to my seminars. Because I's be buying houses. Also I's currently be lovings those whose be lovings me and ams getting me's some moneys becuz I's be planning to be's retired in 5 years."

Gives a lot of credence to your stance that someone disagrees with you and you decide to make it personal

« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2019, 09:14:38 PM »
Back to the original idea: I think we have enough diverse talent coming back in shooters, slashers and 2 or 3 potentially legit big men that the staff will have enough options to play with. Should be a 10+ man bench which we really haven’t had since Lavin’s first year.

I think there’s no question that the starting lineup this year will be better than next, but I’m looking for more even contributions across the roster and LJ taking over the team.

Poison

« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2019, 09:55:56 PM »
Back to the original idea: I think we have enough diverse talent coming back in shooters, slashers and 2 or 3 potentially legit big men that the staff will have enough options to play with. Should be a 10+ man bench which we really haven’t had since Lavin’s first year.

I think there’s no question that the starting lineup this year will be better than next, but I’m looking for more even contributions across the roster and LJ taking over the team.

How do you know that anyone on this team is coming back? Based on what?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 08:36:26 AM by Poison »

wpc77

« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2019, 10:05:57 PM »
This isn’t the forum for accuracy. It’s unfortunate that Lavin doesn’t receive the credit he deserves for the success of that team.

You misspelled Dunlap

« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2019, 10:13:31 PM »
Gives a lot of credence to your stance that someone disagrees with you and you decide to make it personal

#$%^ off, dumb ass!  That's what he said on Redmen.  A fact, clown.

Most of your posts sound like you're on the payroll.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2019, 10:15:42 PM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »
You misspelled Dunlap

Did he? 62 and 80. According to Wiki, that’s Dunlap’s last five seasons including this one at Loyola Marymount. The season he coached us in 2011-2012, he won 13 games.

As a head coach Lavin had 5 seasons here. He coached 4 of them. He made the post season in all 4 of them. Not great, but not embarrassing.

Embracing is what’s happened since he was fired.

Maybe Lavin wasn’t the answer but it certainly should make us think of the devil you know.

« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2019, 10:38:30 PM »
Did he? 62 and 80. According to Wiki, that’s Dunlap’s last five seasons including this one at Loyola Marymount. The season he coached us in 2011-2012, he won 13 games.

As a head coach Lavin had 5 seasons here. He coached 4 of them. He made the post season in all 4 of them. Not great, but not embarrassing.

Embracing is what’s happened since he was fired.

Maybe Lavin wasn’t the answer but it certainly should make us think of the devil you know.

To add, Lavin never had Dunlap at his side at UCLA.  Check out Lavin's overall record and NCAA Tournament record.  This is with injuries to major personnel.

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2019, 11:24:14 PM »
How you know that anyone on this team is coming back? Based on what?

Mostly based on probability. I think this team will make it to the tournament and if the offense is clicking maybe win a game or two. Doubt Simon transfers being a key cog and it will be LJ’s team. New transfers won’t leave, and Williams and Trimble both stand to improve with more minutes and larger role.

But sure, everyone could decide to transfer and Mullin will have to go recruit the guys that play on the court outside Monty’s.

Poison

« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2019, 11:26:58 PM »
To add, Lavin never had Dunlap at his side at UCLA.  Check out Lavin's overall record and NCAA Tournament record.  This is with injuries to major personnel.

I have no idea what Mullin’s contribution to the team is.

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2019, 11:29:19 PM »
#$%^ off, dumb ass!  That's what he said on Redmen.  A fact, clown.

Most of your posts sound like you're on the payroll.

MJ, I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2019, 01:16:51 AM »
Heron is going to leave his ill mother to go play in Asia?

« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2019, 01:56:28 AM »
Like I said, Providence is my most hated team in the new Big East. Cooley hates us and I hate him. Comes for blood every time.

« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2019, 06:43:52 AM »
Not just Foad. A lot of St.John’s fans are Republicans. It’s f’n disgraceful.

I refuse to believe you’re this ignorant.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #74 on: February 11, 2019, 08:01:09 AM »
Meanwhile, our star is hawking sweatshirts on Instagram.  Clusterf#ck.  https://www.instagram.com/p/BtuJ79WFskm/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=rc1hmjb335h5

He looks cool in pregame though. Bumping and grindin

wpc77

« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2019, 08:13:15 AM »

Sounds like he's amazing.

Why isn't he employed by a top school right now?

Foad

« Reply #76 on: February 11, 2019, 08:48:09 AM »
Sure....  I'm lying. 

Yeah I know.

You're the mentally ill one, you bigoted pussy.
Suck burn dood.

Do you even work, unbalanced one? 
Actually no. As a young lawyer I had the good fortune to represent a client who lost his wife and newborn baby in a drunk driving accident. I got him a very nice settlement and have been living off the interest since, but then I'm a man of simple needs.

This your post from Redmen in reference to Owens' dad....  You #$%^in' putz.

"Is you be receibing sub par returns from youse 6 foots 11 inches sons? There's can be ways you can's be receiving above averages returns. Ifs so, subscribeses to my seminars. Because I's be buying houses. Also I's currently be lovings those whose be lovings me and ams getting me's some moneys becuz I's be planning to be's retired in 5 years."
Wow I'd forgotten all about that one. It was hilarious though, I can understand why you carefully saved it to your hard drive and keep it close at hand so that you can repost it at a moment's notice. Do you have many other of my hilarious posts that you've saved, catalogued and cross referenced? If so DM me, I'd like to get copies, I'm working on my autobiography, tentatively titled Tuesdays With Realfan

Foad

« Reply #77 on: February 11, 2019, 08:53:06 AM »
Funny, when Lavin took over for Roberts, no one said that he inherited a tournament team.

I did, it was pretty obvious. If you didn't see it that's on you. Working hypothesis: you know half as much about basketball as you think you do. See also Dunning-Kruger effect.

« Reply #78 on: February 11, 2019, 09:00:56 AM »

Yeah I know.
Suck burn dood.
Actually no. As a young lawyer I had the good fortune to represent a client who lost his wife and newborn baby in a drunk driving accident. I got him a very nice settlement and have been living off the interest since, but then I'm a man of simple needs.
Wow I'd forgotten all about that one. It was hilarious though, I can understand why you carefully saved it to your hard drive and keep it close at hand so that you can repost it at a moment's notice. Do you have many other of my hilarious posts that you've saved, catalogued and cross referenced? If so DM me, I'd like to get copies, I'm working on my autobiography, tentatively titled Tuesdays With Realfan

Foad

« Reply #79 on: February 11, 2019, 09:02:29 AM »