Game 26: Nova MSG 5P (FS1, 570 AM)

• 183 replies
Re: Game 26: Nova MSG 5P (FS1, 570 AM)
« Reply #140 on: February 18, 2019, 05:06:47 PM »
I have a feeling Trimble will have a monster NCAA tournament game for us this year.

Trimble is the best big defender on this team. StArt him , bring Clark off the bench

cjfish

« Reply #141 on: February 18, 2019, 05:26:52 PM »
Where are the people calling for staff heads to roll?  Three great big east wins....apparently coaching genius

redslope

« Reply #142 on: February 18, 2019, 05:45:24 PM »
Maybe being "Transfer U" and JUCO U ain't so bad after all

« Reply #143 on: February 18, 2019, 05:49:29 PM »
Mullin getting outclassed and out coached... shocker

Ha...Ha...Ha!

« Reply #144 on: February 18, 2019, 05:55:34 PM »
Simon looks like Kangaroo fking a basketball

4 for 6 from the field
8 boards
4/1 asst./turnover ratio
1 block
Scored 12 of the teams 26 1st half points including the hope inducing miracle shot
Teams best defender on a day the national champs shot 33% from the field and 31% from three

I would say he had a decent day.

SJUFAN

« Reply #145 on: February 18, 2019, 06:00:13 PM »
I can’t take it anymore. Trimble is trash. He had a couple of good plays but literally did nothing else and y’all are acting like he’s Rodman. The team had a nice win, let’s not act like we won the #$%^in NCAA tournament championship and name the building after Mullin. We’ve seen this movie before. Not the first time they had a nice win. Im still waiting to see a nice team, meaning consistency. Let’s see them finish 12-6.

« Reply #146 on: February 18, 2019, 06:02:12 PM »
- Trimble 18 min.
  Keita 14 min.
  Williams 2 min.
  Roberts 0 min.

Looks like the people that work with them every day evaluate talent same as I do.

- We don't win this without Simon's late first half hero shot.
- Boothe palms the ball on every possession. Perhaps they should call it once before the season ends.
- Great Dane Cremo led the Cats in scoring with 14.
- Ponds had a brutal day from the field and fouled two three point shooters.

« Reply #147 on: February 18, 2019, 06:05:10 PM »
I can’t take it anymore. Trimble is trash. He had a couple of good plays but literally did nothing else and y’all are acting like he’s Rodman. The team had a nice win, let’s not act like we won the #$%^in NCAA tournament championship and name the building after Mullin. We’ve seen this movie before. Not the first time they had a nice win. Im still waiting to see a nice team, meaning consistency. Let’s see them finish 12-6.

Holy crap, this is what you said on the last freaking page regarding Trimble who you just called trash..

“Need players like that who would do the little things which equate to winning basketball.”
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Marillac

« Reply #148 on: February 18, 2019, 06:25:04 PM »
Maybe being "Transfer U" and JUCO U ain't so bad after all

Let’s stick with transfer u...the JUCO thing is not worth pursuing often. FWIW, Figgy is more of a transfer since he started at New Mexico St. and only left after his coach left for another school.

SJUFAN

« Reply #149 on: February 18, 2019, 07:10:24 PM »
Holy crap, this is what you said on the last freaking page regarding Trimble who you just called trash..

“Need players like that who would do the little things which equate to winning basketball.”

I agree we need players who will do the dirty work and who are aware of their limitations, and for the team, it can equate to winning basketball. He’s still...let me be nice...he’s just not a BE player. The majority of his defensive possessions he had little to no impact, he wasn’t putting a body on anyone. Y’all need to start watching the game and stop letting a couple defensive possessions define a players game instead of what occurs the majority of the time.

« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 07:11:45 PM by SJUFAN »

« Reply #150 on: February 18, 2019, 07:40:07 PM »
I agree we need players who will do the dirty work and who are aware of their limitations, and for the team, it can equate to winning basketball. He’s still...let me be nice...he’s just not a BE player. The majority of his defensive possessions he had little to no impact, he wasn’t putting a body on anyone. Y’all need to start watching the game and stop letting a couple defensive possessions define a players game instead of what occurs the majority of the time.

I’m far from the biggest Trimble fan but do respect what he gives this team from a hustle and mistake free standpoint. But that’s not the point. The point is you have two posts contradicting each other and you wonder why people misinterpret what you’re trying to say.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #151 on: February 18, 2019, 08:29:21 PM »
Ha...Ha...Ha!

At the time I wrote this, we were losing 29-10 and being at game it was obvious, Mullins offensive scheme was non existent and Wright’s offense was picking us apart with ball movement.

SJUFAN

« Reply #152 on: February 18, 2019, 08:57:20 PM »
I’m far from the biggest Trimble fan but do respect what he gives this team from a hustle and mistake free standpoint. But that’s not the point. The point is you have two posts contradicting each other and you wonder why people misinterpret what you’re trying to say.

Ok I can see how it sounded. I wanted to just agree with the notion of the comment, not that i felt it applied to Trimble, at least not to the same degree as some. I didn’t make that clear. I feel he does provide some value. He’s not afraid to mix it up down low and can spell our key players sometime. I appreciate that aspect of a teammate but when I hear his contributions being blown out of proportion I feel I have to bring some sanity to the board.

SJUFAN

« Reply #153 on: February 18, 2019, 09:00:56 PM »
At the time I wrote this, we were losing 29-10 and being at game it was obvious, Mullins offensive scheme was non existent and Wright’s offense was picking us apart with ball movement.

Nova wasn’t playing good in the beginning, we were playing horrible. It’s why I felt even though we were down we still had a chance.

« Reply #154 on: February 18, 2019, 09:08:44 PM »
On the topic of this W, if you want some amusement, check out the Seton Hall board. My friend turned me onto it and I’ve never seen a fan base so focused on another program. They have multiple threads about our Nova game, and apparently they usually have separate threads entirely about our games. They are not taking our success well to say the least. Maybe our resident SH scout PMG can give us a scouting report on why the Hall faithful is so bitter and obsessed when they are having a nice and surprising season.

« Reply #155 on: February 18, 2019, 09:41:37 PM »
On the topic of this W, if you want some amusement, check out the Seton Hall board. My friend turned me onto it and I’ve never seen a fan base so focused on another program. They have multiple threads about our Nova game, and apparently they usually have separate threads entirely about our games. They are not taking our success well to say the least. Maybe our resident SH scout PMG can give us a scouting report on why the Hall faithful is so bitter and obsessed when they are having a nice and surprising season.
I root for SH. But, I think they realize that they will always be 2nd fiddle when we are at least reasonably good. I don’t read other boards, but i’d Guess that PC fans have a similar complex.

« Reply #156 on: February 18, 2019, 10:30:06 PM »

We were down 29-10 but missed a bunch of FTs and layups. Not counting Simon’s buzzer beater I don’t think we hit one jump shot in the first half. The game plan was to drive to the basket and get fouled, which we did. Unfortunately, the missed FTs led to empty possessions.

« Reply #157 on: February 18, 2019, 10:32:47 PM »
I’m a big Trimble fan. He knows his role and plays within himself.

« Reply #158 on: February 18, 2019, 10:54:08 PM »
We were down 29-10 but missed a bunch of FTs and layups. Not counting Simon’s buzzer beater I don’t think we hit one jump shot in the first half. The game plan was to drive to the basket and get fouled, which we did. Unfortunately, the missed FTs led to empty possessions.

A lot of our shots were forced and wild to start. Granted there were missed layups and free throws, but we dribbled into corner a few times, ball stuck at the top of key and guys were trying to dribble through the zone. Nova started out 7 for 13 and moved the ball really well. The game didn’t start to open up a bit for us until it was 34-16, and after we started tightening up on D.

« Reply #159 on: February 18, 2019, 11:48:35 PM »

They are your embarrassingly stupid words, not mine. A coach should get a full 40 minutes to prove his "class" and coaching acumen.  Especially from those purporting to be fans of the team he coaches.

Premature ejaculation always makes someone unhappy.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 11:52:07 PM by carmineabbatiello »