NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch

• 321 replies

Johnny23

Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2019, 02:04:14 PM »
Some of you are writing like they should have definitely beaten Xavier on Thursday. WTF are you smoking cuz I want some of that. They should definitely should not be in anyone's vernacular now when talking about this squad. They have regressed the last 2 months and it's plain to see. Hello Coaching, or lack thereof.

I think they get smoked by Xavier in Cincy next weekend. The way this team is playing and that matchup. Gonna take an amazing performance to have a legit shot in that one.

« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2019, 07:34:08 PM »
Team plays well under adversity so I am confident they come out with a home W vs Xavier but who knows.
It's on the road

« Reply #62 on: March 05, 2019, 05:03:54 AM »
 Bracket update:
CBS 9 Seed
Espn 11 Seed
Bracket Matrix 11 Seed

One team I am very curious about is Texas....people have this team safely in at 16-14...if they beat TCU last game of year and lose 1st round of big 12 to Kansas they will finish 17-15 , finishing 2 games over  .500 is rewarding for a bid now?

« Reply #63 on: March 05, 2019, 07:39:25 AM »
Bracket update:
CBS 9 Seed
Espn 11 Seed
Bracket Matrix 11 Seed

One team I am very curious about is Texas....people have this team safely in at 16-14...if they beat TCU last game of year and lose 1st round of big 12 to Kansas they will finish 17-15 , finishing 2 games over  .500 is rewarding for a bid now?

Texas has some pretty nice wins—they’ve beaten 5 ranked teams by my count but have been pretty inconsistent. I’ve watched them 3 or 4 times and they haven’t looked good any of them, including last night.

« Reply #64 on: March 05, 2019, 09:48:46 AM »
Texas has some pretty nice wins—they’ve beaten 5 ranked teams by my count but have been pretty inconsistent. I’ve watched them 3 or 4 times and they haven’t looked good any of them, including last night.

Believe they have a home loss to our beloved vcu
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #65 on: March 05, 2019, 10:17:14 AM »
Believe they have a home loss to our beloved vcu

Did VCU make Shaka or did Shaka make VCU?

« Reply #66 on: March 05, 2019, 10:19:11 AM »

Think he’s a very good coach but vcu was good before and then capitalized on conference realignment.

Marillac

« Reply #67 on: March 05, 2019, 10:43:27 AM »

Keeping a program rolling is MUCH easier than rebuilding. It’s also easier to excel at lower conferences and that has to be considered. How many coaches have won 20+ games at Manhattan and then got fired after being promoted?

« Reply #68 on: March 05, 2019, 10:59:30 AM »
Keeping a program rolling is MUCH easier than rebuilding. It’s also easier to excel at lower conferences and that has to be considered. How many coaches have won 20+ games at Manhattan and then got fired after being promoted?

No doubt, I was mostly being facetious. Shaka was able to get overlooked but hungry guys to come to VCU and buy in to going all out all the time. Most large programs don’t run a press.

« Reply #69 on: March 05, 2019, 12:04:04 PM »
Someone posted this on Redmen.....

http://bball.notnothing.net/bigeast.php?sport=mbb

Can do like a playoff projector of who wins games and then see the seedings......i think i tried every combo but the only way we play Wednesday night is if Seton Hall AND Depaul win out.

If someone finds anything else let me know....Looks like a win and gtown loss we are 3 seed

Loss to X would get us 6 seed.

« Reply #70 on: March 05, 2019, 01:37:07 PM »
Someone posted this on Redmen.....

http://bball.notnothing.net/bigeast.php?sport=mbb

Can do like a playoff projector of who wins games and then see the seedings......i think i tried every combo but the only way we play Wednesday night is if Seton Hall AND Depaul win out.

If someone finds anything else let me know....Looks like a win and gtown loss we are 3 seed

Only teams I would actually feel comfortable with playing again are Seton Hall and oddly enough Marquette.

« Reply #71 on: March 05, 2019, 01:58:03 PM »
Only teams I would actually feel comfortable with playing again are Seton Hall and oddly enough Marquette.

Beat X and I like our chances against anyone at the garden. Lose to X and I might like any other teams chances.

« Reply #72 on: March 05, 2019, 03:03:50 PM »

That can't be definite, can it? There's a lot of permutations, no?

I agree with the win and we're a 3 unless Gtown wins out.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2019, 03:05:12 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #73 on: March 05, 2019, 03:08:50 PM »
That can't be definite, can it? There's a lot of permutations, no?

I agree with the win and we're a 3 unless Gtown wins out.

yes your right not definite but that is most likely of them. .....Just win to lock up the NCAA berth and root for a Seton Hall and Depaul loss tomorrow to lock up Thursday game.

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2019, 03:13:35 PM »
yes your right not definite but that is most likely of them. .....Just win to lock up the NCAA berth and root for a Seton Hall and Depaul loss tomorrow to lock up Thursday game.

If we win the Thursday game is locked up and we won't care what Seton Hall or Depaul do. The only team that would matter is Georgetown and the only question would be if we're 3 or 4.

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2019, 03:27:25 PM »
I am just hoping we can lock up the Thursday game after tomorrow (DP and SH Loss) as a fan not wanting to buy a Wednesday session. I also want to buy tickets tomorrow night and not have to wait till 7pm Saturday  :)

Beat X

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2019, 03:47:51 PM »
I am just hoping we can lock up the Thursday game after tomorrow (DP and SH Loss) as a fan not wanting to buy a Wednesday session. I also want to buy tickets tomorrow night and not have to wait till 7pm Saturday  :)

Beat X

I hear you.  I want the Thurs. night session badly myself.  Thursday night I would be in the luxury suites. Thursday day I would probably be on my own.

« Reply #77 on: March 06, 2019, 01:02:23 AM »
From that website I've found our best situation:

Creighton, Gtown, Marq win Wed

We win, Nova, Butler, Marq, DePaul win Saturday and this is the standings:

1. Marquette (14 - 4) Defeated Villanova based on conference road record.
2. Villanova (14 - 4) Lost to Marquette based on conference road record.
3. Saint John's (9 - 9) Defeated Georgetown based on record against #1 teams.
4. Georgetown (9 - 9) Lost to Saint John's based on record against #1 teams.
5. Xavier (8 - 10) With Creighton, defeated Butler based on record against #1 teams. Defeated Creighton based on record against #8 teams.
6. Creighton (8 - 10) With Xavier, defeated Butler based on record against #1 teams. Lost to Xavier based on record against #8 teams.
7. Butler (8 - 10) Lost to Creighton and Xavier based on record against #1 teams.
8. DePaul (7 - 11) Defeated Seton Hall based on head-to-head record.
9. Seton Hall (7 - 11) Lost to DePaul based on head-to-head record.
10. Providence (6 - 12)

« Reply #78 on: March 06, 2019, 06:34:58 AM »
^ thanks harkless

« Reply #79 on: March 06, 2019, 11:37:10 AM »
From that website I've found our best situation:

Creighton, Gtown, Marq win Wed

We win, Nova, Butler, Marq, DePaul win Saturday and this is the standings:

1. Marquette (14 - 4) Defeated Villanova based on conference road record.
2. Villanova (14 - 4) Lost to Marquette based on conference road record.
3. Saint John's (9 - 9) Defeated Georgetown based on record against #1 teams.
4. Georgetown (9 - 9) Lost to Saint John's based on record against #1 teams.
5. Xavier (8 - 10) With Creighton, defeated Butler based on record against #1 teams. Defeated Creighton based on record against #8 teams.
6. Creighton (8 - 10) With Xavier, defeated Butler based on record against #1 teams. Lost to Xavier based on record against #8 teams.
7. Butler (8 - 10) Lost to Creighton and Xavier based on record against #1 teams.
8. DePaul (7 - 11) Defeated Seton Hall based on head-to-head record.
9. Seton Hall (7 - 11) Lost to DePaul based on head-to-head record.
10. Providence (6 - 12)

That's the easy part.  What's the best situation if we lose?