NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch

• 321 replies
Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch
« Reply #80 on: March 06, 2019, 12:59:16 PM »
That's the easy part.  What's the best situation if we lose?

Prov vs Creighton - Providence
Depaul vs GT- DePaul
Marq vs Seton Hall - Marq

Creighton vs Depaul - Creighton
Marq vs GT- Marq
Prov vs Butler - Butler
Hall vs Nova - Nova

All those happen if we lose...we are the 4 Seed vs Creighton that is the best scenario with a loss

« Reply #81 on: March 06, 2019, 04:33:39 PM »
Prov vs Creighton - Providence
Depaul vs GT- DePaul
Marq vs Seton Hall - Marq

Creighton vs Depaul - Creighton
Marq vs GT- Marq
Prov vs Butler - Butler
Hall vs Nova - Nova

All those happen if we lose...we are the 4 Seed vs Creighton that is the best scenario with a loss

Sounds good but I want Thurs. night.  If we're not going to be 3 than I want to be 6.

I think at that point the selection committee will just see 3 or 4 teams at 8 - 10 and it won't much matter if your final seeding is 4 or 6. The conference tournament will then decide who dances.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2019, 04:40:09 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #82 on: March 06, 2019, 08:50:04 PM »
Seton Hall wins ....Wednesday is very much a possibility still

« Reply #83 on: March 06, 2019, 11:13:50 PM »
I'm looking at the Xavier game as a play in game. I don't see the committee letting us in with an 8-10 conference record, nor do I think we'd deserve to be in.

goredmen

« Reply #84 on: March 06, 2019, 11:22:26 PM »
Bunch of bubble teams and teams in the 8-9-10 range picked up some really bad losses tonight

« Reply #85 on: March 07, 2019, 12:55:17 AM »
I'm looking at the Xavier game as a play in game. I don't see the committee letting us in with an 8-10 conference record, nor do I think we'd deserve to be in.

Conference record means nothing. They care about good wins and bad losses

« Reply #86 on: March 07, 2019, 02:45:12 AM »
It's going to be a massive logjam at 9 - 9 and/or 8 - 10.  Can't recall when I've ever seen a conference this well balanced.

Johnny23

« Reply #87 on: March 07, 2019, 06:59:10 AM »
Or this mediocre. Could be an early exit year for the BE in the Big Dance.

« Reply #88 on: March 07, 2019, 07:55:38 AM »
Conference record means nothing. They care about good wins and bad losses

And we have a good amount of both. Wins against Marquette and Villanova are offset by being swept by DePaul, Providence, and potentially Xavier. I know they aren't horrible teams but none of them are tournament caliber.

8-10 just looks bad, and to me it's a good excuse for the committee to choose someone else over us.

« Reply #89 on: March 07, 2019, 08:04:00 AM »
And we have a good amount of both. Wins against Marquette and Villanova are offset by being swept by DePaul, Providence, and potentially Xavier. I know they aren't horrible teams but none of them are tournament caliber.

8-10 just looks bad, and to me it's a good excuse for the committee to choose someone else over us.

Are you considering those other team they might choose over us are not gonna have sterling conference records?
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 08:04:26 AM by Amaseinyourface2 »
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

Poison

« Reply #90 on: March 07, 2019, 10:10:51 AM »

If we lose the next two games, we’re out. I think we need one more win.

Also, I think our losses aren’t really so bad. We’ve lost to DePaul and Providence and those aren’t traditional bottom feeders. Both should make the NIT.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 11:54:07 AM by Poison »

« Reply #91 on: March 07, 2019, 10:48:23 AM »
I am not sure we are out if we loss next two but it will be a long selection Sunday. There are some teams out there that have a lot worse resumes then us and we have 6 quad 1 wins and 10 total quad 1/2. 10-8 record  between those two.

Just beat X get the 3 seed and lock up tourney berth on Saturday....But its St John's its never that Easy!

« Reply #92 on: March 07, 2019, 11:18:33 AM »
Or this mediocre. Could be an early exit year for the BE in the Big Dance.

You would think so but it’s hard to say. Without looking it all up, I seem to remember multiple years with the BE having multiple top 3 seeds and only Nova going far.

« Reply #93 on: March 07, 2019, 02:10:47 PM »
Or this mediocre. 

One and the same.

« Reply #94 on: March 07, 2019, 02:18:12 PM »
If not for "Clockgate" we would have the bid already sewn up and Saturday's game would just be for 3 or 4 seed.

« Reply #95 on: March 07, 2019, 02:42:16 PM »
If not for "Clockgate" we would have the bid already sewn up and Saturday's game would just be for 3 or 4 seed.

I thought that game would springboard into an even better season as they learn what messing around with a lead meant. It worked for the next game but was never a permanent lesson.

« Reply #96 on: March 07, 2019, 02:49:59 PM »
Spilled milk. Guess we're gonna hear about this for at least the next ten years. If they didn't play like garbage the last 8 minutes or so it wouldn't have come down to one call by a referee. Last 8 minutes or so hoisting up long 3s at end of shot clock, turnovers, missed free throws. Will part of our fan base ever stop the whining? Probably not.

SJUFAN

« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2019, 03:16:40 PM »
Spilled milk. Guess we're gonna hear about this for at least the next ten years. If they didn't play like garbage the last 8 minutes or so it wouldn't have come down to one call by a referee. Last 8 minutes or so hoisting up long 3s at end of shot clock, turnovers, missed free throws. Will part of our fan base ever stop the whining? Probably not.

That’s because those other elements would suggest a coaching issue and some refuse to go there.

« Reply #98 on: March 07, 2019, 03:31:21 PM »
Spilled milk.
Never cry over spilled milk. Spilled whiskey and beer is another story.
Guess we're gonna hear about this for at least the next ten years.
I don't know about ten years, but depending on how this season plays out - probably through next season.
I'll tell you what. If we make the Ncaa tournament this season - I'll just let it go.

Will part of our fan base ever stop the whining? Probably not.
Did I complain even once about the Mamuvasectomysheilae travel immediately following it? No
Did I complain even once about the massive foul shot discrepancy in any of our games? No
Did I complain even once about any call against us late in a close game? No

But a f*ck*ng ever rare inadvertent whistle with 3.9 seconds remaining conspicuously to adjust a timing error that turned out to be .4 seconds worth that clearly stole a huge victory from us?

I can't just let that go.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: March 07, 2019, 05:47:51 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #99 on: March 07, 2019, 03:39:19 PM »
Never cry over spilled milk. Spilled whiskey and beer is another story.I don't know about ten years, but depending on how this season plays out - probably through next season.
I'll tell you what. If we make the Ncaa tournament this season - I'll just let it go. Did I complain even once about the Mamuvasectomysheila travel immediately following it? No
Did I complain even once about the massive foul shot discrepancy in any of our games? No
Did I complain even once about any call against us late in a close game? No

But a f*ck*ng ever rare inadvertent whistle with 3.9 seconds remaining conspicuously to adjust a timing error that turned out to be .4 seconds worth that clearly stole a huge victory from us?

I can't just let that go.

Wasn't singling you out which is why I referenced fanbase. Your post just happened to be where I reached my breaking point. Yours was the one millionth post complaining about that call.