NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch

• 321 replies

goredmen

Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch
« Reply #140 on: March 14, 2019, 09:40:15 PM »
At the very least you gotta think they'll be in Dayton which at this point you take and thank the Lord you aren't in the NIT

Nothing would shock me at this point honestly. Wouldn't be surprised if we are out and wouldn't be surprised if we make and avoid Dayton. Though I think the committee will throw one of Belmont, Greensboro or Lipscomb and put them in like they did with Iona years ago.

Again, it's all gonna come down to how many bid thieves are out there this weekend

« Reply #141 on: March 14, 2019, 09:45:54 PM »
Nothing would shock me at this point honestly. Wouldn't be surprised if we are out and wouldn't be surprised if we make and avoid Dayton. Though I think the committee will throw one of Belmont, Greensboro or Lipscomb and put them in like they did with Iona years ago.

Again, it's all gonna come down to how many bid thieves are out there this weekend

At some point it has to be based on upside right? Do they have more upside than us?

goredmen

« Reply #142 on: March 14, 2019, 09:51:20 PM »
At some point it has to be based on upside right? Do they have more upside than us?

Evaluating bubble teams is full of subjective metrics, and which ones to prioritize over others. "Upside" is probably the most subjective of them all and would vary the most from committee member to committee member. I don't think they are really going to take that into account when determining who should be in and who should be out.

Let's not forget that a mid-major made the Final 4 last year as an 11 seed. Not saying Belmont, Greensboro or Lipscomb are close to as good as that Loyola team was but it might warm the committee up to giving one of them a chance over a team like us, Indiana, NC State etc.

« Reply #143 on: March 14, 2019, 10:01:47 PM »
The question I ask is why committee would put sju in, knowing over past month they have been blown out in 5 of 7 games. As an 11 seed, give someone a chance to really compete, not a team that doesn’t compete on a game by game basis.

SJUFAN

« Reply #144 on: March 14, 2019, 10:03:21 PM »
Think we needed to win to get in. Finishing in 7th place with under .500 league record with our ooc schedule may be to much to overcome.

« Reply #145 on: March 14, 2019, 10:08:59 PM »
We're going to make it. Just it's likely we have to play a play-in game now.

Johnny23

« Reply #146 on: March 14, 2019, 10:35:44 PM »
We'll definitely be in Dayton if we get in.

SJUFAN

« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2019, 10:45:03 PM »
We're going to make it. Just it's likely we have to play a play-in game now.

Are we going to get in over Xavier, Seton Hall, and Georgetown?

goredmen

« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2019, 10:49:21 PM »

Xavier and Georgetown yes definitely. Seton Hall will be well ahead of us

« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2019, 10:52:05 PM »

Not over Seton Hall. But yes to the other two. Most years we'd be out. But the bubble is so weak.

« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2019, 10:56:59 PM »
Not over Seton Hall. But yes to the other two. Most years we'd be out. But the bubble is so weak.

Need Nova to win tomorrow lol

« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2019, 11:10:34 PM »
I never thought I would ever say something like this, but I have to be honest with myself. If the committee left us out, I could not really blame them. There is no excuse for how bad we have ended this season, the teams we lost to and the fashion upon which we lost are pathetic. The NCAA Tournament is a reward. Right now, I question if we even deserve it.

« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2019, 11:13:51 PM »
We'll definitely be in Dayton if we get in.

You’re usually wrong so I’d like to bet on that.

goredmen

« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2019, 11:17:37 PM »
Arizona State beat UCLA

Utah State not really on the bubble but they survived a scare from New Mexico. A UNM win would have ensured a bid stealer was going to the MWC championship game.

Georgetown getting whacked by SHU. NIT for Ewing.

Texas down double digits to Kansas. They'd be NIT bound too at 16-16.

« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2019, 11:19:39 PM »
Xavier and Georgetown yes definitely. Seton Hall will be well ahead of us

Xavier is going to win the BE tournament and will be in.  Gtown is out and Seton Hall is in.

« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2019, 11:22:14 PM »
Arizona State beat UCLA

Utah State not really on the bubble but they survived a scare from New Mexico. A UNM win would have ensured a bid stealer was going to the MWC championship game.

Georgetown getting whacked by SHU. NIT for Ewing.

Texas down double digits to Kansas. They'd be NIT bound too at 16-16.

Like it has been stated, the bubble is SO BAD. A regular year and we are probably not in but we have the resume wins they want and almost no competition.

But also like people have said, you could not blame them if we are left out.

I'd guess an 11 or play in 12 seed though.

« Reply #156 on: March 14, 2019, 11:32:32 PM »
Zach wrote a big article in the Post yesterday saying Depaul was a play in game and now we're unequivocally, definitely in.

How could that be wrong?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 12:08:56 AM by carmineabbatiello »

Johnny23

« Reply #157 on: March 14, 2019, 11:42:01 PM »
You’re usually wrong so I’d like to bet on that.

Easy money for me. They'll be lucky to get in the tourney but to you they're an ever improving team.

Poison

« Reply #158 on: March 14, 2019, 11:45:02 PM »
I think we're in and we're a 12 seed.

« Reply #159 on: March 15, 2019, 12:11:19 AM »
Just saw Schwabbe live say that we're the last two in and stuff could still happen to put us out. And he's the Fox guy.

Maybe start sweating.