NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch

• 321 replies

goredmen

Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch
« Reply #160 on: March 15, 2019, 12:26:35 AM »
Just saw Schwabbe live say that we're the last two in and stuff could still happen to put us out. And he's the Fox guy.

Maybe start sweating.

He's also an SJU alum. He ranked 49th of 60 new bracketologists with his projection last year. I wouldn't worry too much about what he says

« Reply #161 on: March 15, 2019, 02:13:48 AM »
He's also an SJU alum. He ranked 49th of 60 new bracketologists with his projection last year. I wouldn't worry too much about what he says

Glad to hear that.  The guy on CBSsn just said that we're in. Maybe Dayton maybe not.

Tha Kid

« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2019, 06:46:40 AM »
Espn still has us as an 11 seed NoT in Dayton after yesterday’s games.  I’m not convinced we will avoid Dayton but it seems like the prognosticators consistently think we’re in.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2019, 09:23:20 AM »
This team has given up, folded it in. I think the committee will recognize that

« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2019, 09:29:35 AM »

36 hours ago they played an inspired game on both sides of the ball and won in a must-win situation.

Marillac

« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2019, 09:59:25 AM »
The question I ask is why committee would put sju in, knowing over past month they have been blown out in 5 of 7 games. As an 11 seed, give someone a chance to really compete, not a team that doesn’t compete on a game by game basis.
They have 21 wins. They have Quad1 wins all over the place. You’re just a negative person.

They’re in. The only question is if it will be Dayton or not.

« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2019, 10:08:24 AM »
36 hours ago they played an inspired game on both sides of the ball and won in a must-win situation.

They beat a perennial bottom feeding 10 seed on their home floor, but I guess some see that as a step in the right direction

« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2019, 10:11:58 AM »
They beat a perennial bottom feeding 10 seed on their home floor, but I guess some see that as a step in the right direction

Shows that they didn't quit, as you suggested.

« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2019, 10:24:57 AM »
Shows that they didn't quit, as you suggested.

And lost by 36 on their home floor. Some effort

« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2019, 10:30:29 AM »
but I guess some see that as a step in the right direction
No, but all would see an Ncaa tournament bid as a step in the right direction.

Johnny23

« Reply #170 on: March 15, 2019, 10:34:11 AM »

Some only see what they want to see. I tend to agree that the committee will see how much of a swan dive this team took over the last month.

derk

« Reply #171 on: March 15, 2019, 10:45:12 AM »

You can't go to the well every game. It's obvious this team is mentally and physically exhausted. Without a competent bench and having to run up and down the court for 40 minutes, they are shot.

« Reply #172 on: March 15, 2019, 11:22:56 AM »
Weren't you at the parade?

SJUFAN

« Reply #173 on: March 15, 2019, 11:43:14 AM »
I don’t believe we are in. Each win Xavier gets is a nail in our coffin. Don’t see 5 BE schools getting in.

Johnny23

« Reply #174 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:27 AM »
I don’t believe we are in. Each win Xavier gets is a nail in our coffin. Don’t see 5 BE schools getting in.

Xavier's only path in is winning the BET. I think right now we're in by the slimmest of margins playing in Dayton. We're out if a few more bid stealers happen this weekend.

Poison

« Reply #175 on: March 15, 2019, 12:17:59 PM »
You can't go to the well every game. It's obvious this team is mentally and physically exhausted. Without a competent bench and having to run up and down the court for 40 minutes, they are shot.

A tired team and a lazy staff = not enough players every f’n season.

ras

« Reply #176 on: March 15, 2019, 12:20:48 PM »
I never thought I would ever say something like this, but I have to be honest with myself. If the committee left us out, I could not really blame them. There is no excuse for how bad we have ended this season, the teams we lost to and the fashion upon which we lost are pathetic. The NCAA Tournament is a reward. Right now, I question if we even deserve it.
I agree. I think we are in. But if not, can’t blame the committee. Looked like shit the last few weeks.

« Reply #177 on: March 15, 2019, 02:29:07 PM »

But lets be honest though, whose fault is it for having short bench? Cupcakes early on were to get the young guys experience, I do not think they did that enough. You cannot start giving them minutes later on and expect them to just be very productive unless they were a blue chip. If played earlier on we would have some type of depth now so we do not play burnt out at end of season. You recruited them, play them. We cannot keep on this path.

« Reply #178 on: March 15, 2019, 02:30:13 PM »
And there goes another bid.

St Johns first round matchup.....Hofstra

goredmen

« Reply #179 on: March 15, 2019, 02:30:44 PM »
VCU’s best player gets hurt in the 1st half and they lose to URI. That guarantees a bid stealer from the A10. Bubble shrinks a spot