Nevada - 9PM vs SDSU
Kansas - 9:30 vs WVU
Utah State - 11:30 vs Fresno
Arizona State - 11:30 vs Oregon

4/4 top half.....with X loss...so far so good

Johnny23

Re: NCAA Tourney Bracket/Bubble Watch
« Reply #201 on: March 15, 2019, 10:57:34 PM »
Nevada in major trouble down 5 with 30 sec to go.

goredmen

« Reply #202 on: March 15, 2019, 11:03:58 PM »
Nevada in major trouble down 5 with 30 sec to go.

Yep Nevada loses to SDSU. That means Utah State has to win tonight and tomorrow or else there will be another guaranteed bid stealer

« Reply #203 on: March 15, 2019, 11:43:44 PM »
I’d take it but it’s a terrible matchup. Fernando would eat our bigs alive.
Shocked you didn't say Earlington would lock him up.

« Reply #204 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:01 PM »
I’d take it but it’s a terrible matchup. Fernando would eat our bigs alive.

Sadly, we don't have legit bigs, they will just go straight to game planning for the guards lol. Plenty of game tape this year to refer to.......

Marillac

« Reply #205 on: March 15, 2019, 11:52:40 PM »
We need Bowling Green to lose to Buffalo in the MAC championsip.

goredmen

« Reply #206 on: March 16, 2019, 12:05:53 AM »
3 big games on the board tomorrow as of now. Need to root for:

Houston - Against home team Memphis in AAC semis
Cincinnati - Against Wichita in AAC semis
Buffalo - Against Marillac's favorite Q3 win Bowling Green :)

Utah State is currently up double digits but it's still early in that game. If they win tonight, definitely need them to beat SDSU in MWC Final.

If Oregon beats Arizona State tonight will need Washington to knock them off tomorrow in the P12 Final.

Marillac

« Reply #207 on: March 16, 2019, 12:20:36 AM »

Utah State is currently up double digits but it's still early in that game. If they win tonight, definitely need them to beat SDSU in MWC Final.

If Oregon beats Arizona State tonight will need Washington to knock them off tomorrow in the P12 Final.
Remember when you mocked me for suggesting BG would win 20 games and looked like an NIT team? They are 40 minutes from NCAA and likely an NIT if they fail.

goredmen

« Reply #208 on: March 16, 2019, 12:26:45 AM »
Remember when you mocked me for suggesting BG would win 20 games and looked like an NIT team? They are 40 minutes from NCAA and likely an NIT if they fail.

Yeah I was wrong. BG is a pretty good team. Still a Q3 win.

I was almost as wrong as you were when you said the non conference schedule wasn't weak. Yet here we are, a Big East team with 21 wins yet either not getting in or going to Dayton in a weak bubble year.

goredmen

« Reply #209 on: March 16, 2019, 02:13:06 AM »

Utah State won and Oregon won. That means 5 games to track tomorrow. 3 of them directly involving a safe team vs bid stealer in a conference championship game.

« Reply #210 on: March 16, 2019, 07:51:39 AM »
updated per ESPN 3/16

ON THE BUBBLE

Last Four Byes
Oklahoma
Arizona State
Florida
Ohio State

Last Four In
Temple
St. John's
NC State
TCU

First Four Out
Belmont
Texas
Indiana
Alabama

Next Four Out
Clemson
Lipscomb
UNC Greensboro
Furman

5 remaining games today that could very easily put us on the wrong side,
« Last Edit: March 16, 2019, 07:58:39 AM by buckeyestorm »

SJUFAN

« Reply #211 on: March 16, 2019, 11:16:53 AM »
Yeah I was wrong. BG is a pretty good team. Still a Q3 win.

I was almost as wrong as you were when you said the non conference schedule wasn't weak. Yet here we are, a Big East team with 21 wins yet either not getting in or going to Dayton in a weak bubble year.

But if our non conference was harder we wouldn’t have 21 wins either and be on the outside looking in.

goredmen

« Reply #212 on: March 16, 2019, 01:32:53 PM »
But if our non conference was harder we wouldn’t have 21 wins either and be on the outside looking in.

There's a reason why weak schedule 21 win SJU and 22 win NC State are on the bubble while teams like 19 win Florida and 19 win Baylor are comfortably ahead of us (Baylor will be an 8/9 seed) even with numerous and/or bad OOC losses.

If Seton Hall loses tonight they'll finish with 20 wins and the same amount of wins as us vs Marquette/Nova, yet they won't be sweating at all tomorrow night because they managed to pick up a couple big wins OOC. That's even with OOC losses to non-tournament teams Saint Louis and Nebraska.

Marillac

« Reply #213 on: March 16, 2019, 02:18:47 PM »

Lol exactly. I’m not sure why that doesn’t register with him. We barely beat like six OOC teams. At the time the story was we were playing down to them. The reality is we weren’t that good.

Marillac

« Reply #214 on: March 16, 2019, 02:19:38 PM »
There's a reason why weak schedule 21 win SJU and 22 win NC State are on the bubble while teams like 19 win Florida and 19 win Baylor are comfortably ahead of us (Baylor will be an 8/9 seed) even with numerous and/or bad OOC losses.

If Seton Hall loses tonight they'll finish with 20 wins and the same amount of wins as us vs Marquette/Nova, yet they won't be sweating at all tomorrow night because they managed to pick up a couple big wins OOC. That's even with OOC losses to non-tournament teams Saint Louis and Nebraska.

Because they didn’t get blown how six of eight games to end the year.

goredmen

« Reply #215 on: March 16, 2019, 02:25:50 PM »
Lol exactly. I’m not sure why that doesn’t register with him. We barely beat like six OOC teams. At the time the story was we were playing down to them. The reality is we weren’t that good.

Right. It's ok though, this team will progress faster than every other team in the country and we'll be better in February and March and we'll beat Duke at Cameron. If only we can find a way into Virginia's region we'll go to the Final 4.

goredmen

« Reply #216 on: March 16, 2019, 02:29:31 PM »
Because they didn’t get blown how six of eight games to end the year.

Committee has consistently said it's the full body of work that is considered and not how a team is playing going into the tournament that matters. That's why we are a 21 win BE bubble team.

Remember when I said going 12-0 against that schedule wasn't going to be impressive and you laughed at that? Well it appears now as though nobody, including you, was impressed by it considering you are conceding that we weren't that good but still went 12-0.

But again, you contradict yourself every 5 minutes so not a surprise.

goredmen

« Reply #217 on: March 16, 2019, 02:34:17 PM »
Anyway. Latest bracket matrix has us as the 2nd to last team in. We are appearing in 74% of the brackets with NC State the only at large team in the field appearing in fewer brackets at 64.5%.

Having a game at Carnesecca next week is looking more and more likely

« Reply #218 on: March 16, 2019, 04:18:20 PM »
I don't see Xavier doesn't get in

goredmen

« Reply #219 on: March 16, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
I don't see Xavier doesn't get in

Well Xavier isn't even in the conversation so might be time to get those eyes checked