Zach B - coverage

• 45 replies

pmg911

Zach B - coverage
« on: March 04, 2019, 09:42:15 AM »
Guys - curious to hear your thoughts on Zach B...

I think he takes every opportunity he can to hammer/critique the team/program/coach and is not nearly as positive when they play well...

what does everyone think..?

Marillac

Re: Zach B - coverage
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2019, 09:54:49 AM »
He’s a nasally dweeb that wouldn’t last 48 hours without his sinus medication and he looks exactly like Jared from Subway.

His rivalry with Zagoria pathetic. And, yeah, he’s trash. He gives Matt A props in exchange for info and he gives info to posters. Hes bad for the program.

Marillac

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2019, 10:00:11 AM »

Poison

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2019, 10:22:23 AM »
Guys - curious to hear your thoughts on Zach B...

I think he takes every opportunity he can to hammer/critique the team/program/coach and is not nearly as positive when they play well...

what does everyone think..?

I haven’t read every article he’s written or post he’s made on Twitter, but we’re 8 and 9 in our conference.

I don’t know how he can post something positive when we’ve just lost a game that we know we should have won.

Our coach is constantly complaining and getting technical fouls called on him. We’ve seen Shamorie, Marvin and Mustapha learn from their leader.

Lavin’s teams had no composure off the court. Mullin’s can’t keep it together while on it.

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2019, 10:48:16 AM »
I haven’t read every article he’s written or post he’s made on Twitter, but we’re 8 and 9 in our conference.

I don’t know how he can post something positive when we’ve just lost a game that we know we should have won.

Our coach is constantly complaining and getting technical fouls called on him. We’ve seen Shamorie, Marvin and Mustapha learn from their leader.

Lavin’s teams had no composure off the court. Mullin’s can’t keep it together while on it.

To be fair lavins teams had plenty of on court behavior issues. Notre dame?
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2019, 10:49:06 AM »
Some articles I appreciate, some of his I think are halfass. My real problem is I don’t think he knows basketball.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

TONYD3

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2019, 10:50:41 AM »
Zach has been more then fair. Waaay to easy on mullin. Mullin is around 20-50, with most of those losses complete beat downs. Yesterday was the first time he has come down on mullin.

SJUFAN

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2019, 11:06:44 AM »
Can someone post what he said

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 11:43:38 AM »
I think Zach has taken more hard takes lately which as the team plays poorly is hard shots. He doesn't work for SJU Marketing so it's hard to fault him for it.

I think there is a delicate balance for a beat writer because you can't burn your access but you can't be a cheerleader. You need people to click and read your stuff too.

I know Zach and he's a good dude. I don't always agree with everything he says or does but he works hard in his craft.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2019, 12:58:12 PM »
This article is good by Zach and he has had some good ones from time to time. I put him as average. I can say from personal experience though he has thin skin. I debated him on something on twitter during the Lavin years and he unfollowed me hahaha.

wpc77

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2019, 01:03:25 PM »
I think Zach has taken more hard takes lately which as the team plays poorly is hard shots. He doesn't work for SJU Marketing so it's hard to fault him for it.

I think there is a delicate balance for a beat writer because you can't burn your access but you can't be a cheerleader. You need people to click and read your stuff too.

I know Zach and he's a good dude. I don't always agree with everything he says or does but he works hard in his craft.

Agree all around, Dave. 

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2019, 01:21:45 PM »
Should be noted Zach nor any other writer creates headlines. That's out of their hands and is done by someone else.

nudginator59

• It's better to be a Smart ass then a Dumb shart
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2019, 01:39:02 PM »
I don’t think it’s harsh, all the team had to do is go 2-2 out of these last four games and be safely in.

Mullin by his own statements said that the BE season this year would be the real litmus test for this team. At the very least the team underachieved this regular season.

A change in staff needs to happen this off season (not saying a new head coach) because something is not right.

The composure by the coach on the court is unraveling, what is going on behind the scenes? Also there seems to be a lack of awareness from the constant postings of Coach playing horse to the appearance of not being engage in the huddle. People can argue that it doesn’t matter, but perception is reality. If this team was where they were supposed to be, all that stuff would be different.
Cougar O' Malley

pmg911

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2019, 02:19:27 PM »
Should be noted Zach nor any other writer creates headlines. That's out of their hands and is done by someone else.

I am not saying he is not doing his job or that he should write fluff pieces. I was more curious to hear everyone's thoughts...

pmg911

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2019, 02:25:18 PM »
He gives Matt A props in exchange for info and he gives info to posters. Hes bad for the program.

#1. Everyone seems to think that Matt A talks to Zach in a way that he shouldn't. If that is the case, then the problem is not Zach's its on the Coach. If things are leaked that shouldn't be and the coach knows about it and does nothing, people can't complain...

#2. I don't think Matt A talks to Zach nearly as much as people think. Coach Mullin keeps the circle VERY tight and he wouldn't tolerate loose lips...

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2019, 02:26:27 PM »
I am not saying he is not doing his job or that he should write fluff pieces. I was more curious to hear everyone's thoughts...

My comments were not a direct response to yours. Think it's a great topic to discuss. Like you I was curious to everyone's thoughts too.

Johnny23

« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2019, 02:28:42 PM »
Wahhh, Wahhh. First it's too many fouls against this team and now it's the sportswriters unfairly covering the team because they are in freefall mode and about to blow a ticket to the dance?

Gimme a break. It's called reality. Wins and losses are all that matters. Everything else is secondary.

Don't insult fearless leader coach Mullin. He doesn't deserve this. He was the best player in school history. Who cares if the team has regressed under him and looks completely lost out there 4 years into his regime? None of that stuff matters.

« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2019, 02:28:43 PM »
#1. Everyone seems to think that Matt A talks to Zach in a way that he shouldn't. If that is the case, then the problem is not Zach's its on the Coach. If things are leaked that shouldn't be and the coach knows about it and does nothing, people can't complain...

#2. I don't think Matt A talks to Zach nearly as much as people think. Coach Mullin keeps the circle VERY tight and he wouldn't tolerate loose lips...

Agree here. I think this is largely a misconception.