Zach B - coverage

• 45 replies
Re: Zach B - coverage
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2019, 02:31:11 PM »
Wahhh, Wahhh. First it's too many fouls against this team and now it's the sportswriters unfairly covering the team because they are in freefall mode and about to blow a ticket to the dance?

Gimme a break. It's called reality. Wins and losses are all that matters. Everything else is secondary.

Don't insult fearless leader coach Mullin. He doesn't deserve this. He was the best player in school history. Who cares if the team has regressed under him and looks completely lost out there 4 years into his regime? None of that stuff matters.

I really don't think anyone was saying this. To PMG's original post does Zach pour on when the team is doing poorly more than he does when they're doing well? Maybe.

Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2019, 02:51:36 PM »
#1. Everyone seems to think that Matt A talks to Zach in a way that he shouldn't. If that is the case, then the problem is not Zach's its on the Coach. If things are leaked that shouldn't be and the coach knows about it and does nothing, people can't complain...

#2. I don't think Matt A talks to Zach nearly as much as people think. Coach Mullin keeps the circle VERY tight and he wouldn't tolerate loose lips...

Things have tightened up considerably. Just as with Lavin as soon as the info stops flowing the shots start coming from Zach. It’s all about him.

The dude tried starting an online fight with a 17 year old Rawle Alkins. He brawls fans on Twitter, he has multiple spats with reporters from Zags to Goodman. He even asked Dave about fighting me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:05:31 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2019, 03:04:19 PM »
The article was fine except where he wrote that 'Ponds has regressed'.

He's obviously been all-time Johnny great sensational this season and just yesterday he dropped 29 in a road game on very efficient shooting numbers. If that's regressing I hope he regresses some more against Xavier.

goredmen

« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2019, 03:36:28 PM »
Remember when Zach vehemently shot down the Slice rumors daily and even essentially insulted fans that asked him about it leading up to that whole thing? Good times

« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2019, 03:50:02 PM »
He even asked Dave about fighting me.
what ?
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 03:50:22 PM by mjmaherjr »

« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2019, 04:16:27 PM »
He even asked Dave about fighting me.

That would be a mistake as we all now know that you're a bench pressing, football playing, steroid monster.

Funny that I don't recall you being so massive when I met you at the infamous BEB outing. Then again it was dark and I was drinking.

« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2019, 04:19:38 PM »
He has put out false info several times. A few months back he stated that SJU did not get Jalen Gaffney because they stopped working hard for him. I knew this to be false and called him out on it. Zach was then also quickly shut down by Mr. Gaffney on Twitter. He apologized to him and later deleted all the tweets.

He doesn't have much knowledge of hoops. He plays on fan hysteria. He recently reported Mullin was unavailable after the Providence loss for a BE conference call, and made it seem like he was not being accountable. He also said  this never happens. He later put out info saying Mullin would be available to answer all calls and that two other coaches missed it aswell. He backtracked saying he should've put that info out first. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Not a fan.  A nice guy but a complete geek. Never has the first scoop.

Johnny23

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2019, 04:42:55 PM »
I really don't think anyone was saying this. To PMG's original post does Zach pour on when the team is doing poorly more than he does when they're doing well? Maybe.

First off, a lot of posters have already intimated or said what I was just reiterating. I'm not just talking about Zach. I'm talking about all of the excuses for why this team is falling on hard times. Where there's smoke there's always fire.

goredmen

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2019, 04:43:32 PM »
A nice guy but a complete geek.

He's not a nice guy. He's a POS. Always has been

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2019, 05:17:56 PM »

You're right. A soft guy was what I meant.

Wods317

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2019, 05:41:19 PM »
You're right. A soft guy was what I meant.

He complains about SJU fans asking him the same questions on Twitter but meanwhile if it wasn’t for SJU fans he’d have no followers at all

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2019, 05:43:14 PM »
He complains about SJU fans asking him the same questions on Twitter but meanwhile if it wasn’t for SJU fans he’d have no followers at all

Is he the only St Johns beat writer? Or whatever it's called nowadays

Marillac

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2019, 05:46:46 PM »
what ?

Hahaha yeah he wanted to fight me at one point. Dave can talk more about it. You’ve seen Braziller and you’ve seen photos of me on Facebook while in training so I think you’d know how that one would end up.

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2019, 07:21:16 PM »
Hahaha yeah he wanted to fight me at one point. Dave can talk more about it. You’ve seen Braziller and you’ve seen photos of me on Facebook while in training so I think you’d know how that one would end up.
Be careful.
Heard Zach knows carot tay.

« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2019, 07:51:28 PM »
That's insane. I'm not even sure that fight would last 30 seconds and I'm not exaggerating

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2019, 12:31:35 AM »
Zach is only important because the Daily News punked out and basically stopped covering sports in the city. But he thinks he is hot shit, it's #$%^ing gross, just like him.

Poison

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2019, 12:48:49 AM »
Zach should be nicer to us the way we would be nicer to us if we wrote the articles about our basketball program.

In all seriousness, does this program really deserve a beat writer? What have they accomplished to have earned that?

Marillac

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2019, 08:13:42 AM »

Finally we agree on something.

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2019, 11:08:40 AM »
If it wasn't for Zach we'd have no coverage of the program at all, so he gets credit there. I think, as the only "prominent" media person for SJU, he could really make a name for himself if he took some stronger stances. Calling for anyone's job is usually frowned upon publicly, but he could be a little harder on Mullin, especially this year, especially right now through this debacle. Overall he seems like a fine person and he's all we got so can't complain

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2019, 11:37:07 AM »
If it wasn't for Zach we'd have no coverage of the program at all, so he gets credit there. I think, as the only "prominent" media person for SJU, he could really make a name for himself if he took some stronger stances. Calling for anyone's job is usually frowned upon publicly, but he could be a little harder on Mullin, especially this year, especially right now through this debacle. Overall he seems like a fine person and he's all we got so can't complain

If it wasn't for St. John's basketball and its fans Zach would not even have a gig. He would be covering HS sports somewhere. There is coverage from Roger Rubin,Vaccaro, Howie Kussoy, Zags, and others.