Game 34: vs. Arizona State (NCAA Tournament, First Four)

• 219 replies

Johnny23

Re: Game 34: vs. Arizona State (NCAA Tournament, First Four)
« Reply #160 on: March 20, 2019, 11:38:41 PM »
Change should be a coming. Looking at you, Cragg.

Dan

« Reply #161 on: March 20, 2019, 11:39:25 PM »
All the naysayers about St. John's not being a tournament worthy team were right.  ASU tried to let them back in but the players and staff are so bad there was nothing they could do to lose that game.  I'd be surprised if they didn't get clobbered by Buffalo, they have talent and a really good HC that St. John's would be lucky to get.

« Reply #162 on: March 20, 2019, 11:40:09 PM »
Missing at least 5 point blank layups is inexcusable on the players.

Mullin has his flaws but the players could not execute at all.

Very fitting that Clark fouled out with 0 points scored.

« Reply #163 on: March 20, 2019, 11:40:16 PM »
Ok- now the fun and real season begins. How long till Mullin out

« Reply #164 on: March 20, 2019, 11:42:28 PM »
Kinda like you, and your idiotic posts.  You're a dimwit.  A mental midget.  Head full of rocks. 

The more you post the more I appreciate you. Seem like a fun sorta guy. I’m looking for a pen pal.

Dan

« Reply #165 on: March 20, 2019, 11:43:18 PM »
Missing at least 5 point blank layups is inexcusable on the players.

Mullin has his flaws but the players could not execute at all.

Very fitting that Clark fouled out with 0 points scored.

Players played worse than usual, which is saying something considering they fell apart down the stretch.  They did not improve as the year went on, they regressed.  12-0 with a cupcake nonconference schedule, then 9 and now 13 after that.  Not a well coached team and if you have a problem with the players not a well recruited team.  I happen to think the players have enough talent that if they were coached up appropriately they could at least beat ASU.

« Reply #166 on: March 20, 2019, 11:45:05 PM »
The coach and the staff simply has no idea of how to prepare the team for a big game, Everything was wrong tonight. The players, who we know can be very good, did not have the right mindset and this in on the coach and the staff.

My suggestion is tot get rid of the coach and entire staff and start over. 

Dan

« Reply #167 on: March 20, 2019, 11:45:19 PM »
ponds deserved more than this

feel bad for him

Dan

« Reply #168 on: March 20, 2019, 11:49:35 PM »
in reference to sedee keita - guy might be a bigger stiff than Tomas Jasiulionis 

« Reply #169 on: March 20, 2019, 11:49:50 PM »
Except for Figs we don’t have guys who grind. Mullin thinks it’s the NBA. I want a coach whose first practice Runs them to they puke. Staff sucks, good riddance to Ponds he has had one foot out the door all year. Hope he learns some Hebrew. At the end of the day, comes down coaching I hope he realized this is not for him and resigns.

Dan

« Reply #170 on: March 20, 2019, 11:51:00 PM »
Except for Figs we don’t have guys who grind. Mullin thinks it’s the NBA. I want a coach whose first practice Runs them to they puke. Staff sucks, good riddance to Ponds he has had one foot out the door all year. Hope he learns some Hebrew. At the end of the day, comes down coaching I hope he realized this is not for him and resigns.

I think it's a bit short sighted to chastise the one player other than LJ who has been any good consistently.

« Reply #171 on: March 20, 2019, 11:56:23 PM »
Have no problem with a kid wanting to play NBA but was tired of the ppl around him and coaching staff tell us he was a pro. Build me a good fundamental team I’ll take my chances.

goredmen

« Reply #172 on: March 20, 2019, 11:57:47 PM »
The worst part is this was the supposed to be the reward for enduring 3 painful seasons and the window was open to do something special this year. That window has now been slammed shut with a fairly embarrassing loss to end an extremely disappointing season.

This would have been different if we were a young team and a foundation was in place for our best players to return and make another run at it. But unless something drastic happens with the roster next year in regards to getting multiple grad transfers and/or decommits from elsewhere, we are staring down the barrel of another last place finish next year and another multi-year rebuild.

We are lucky enough to get a player like Shamorie Ponds and he doesn't even see the round of 64 in the NCAA Tournament.

Mustapha Heron goes from being the top scorer on a 4 seed Auburn team to regressing and playing the worst game of his life in Dayton.

Clark played hard every night and had his moments, but never quite reached the level of consistency we needed from him.

Simon is essentially a free agent and I'd honestly be surprised if he stayed to finish his college career with a rebuilding team rather than go anywhere else where he can win.

All indications point to our only recruiting assistant coach leaving us, his alma mater and the place he grew up, to go to a football school in the middle of the country.

Sad times.

Dan

« Reply #173 on: March 20, 2019, 11:58:15 PM »
Have no problem with a kid wanting to play NBA but was tired of the ppl around him and coaching staff tell us he was a pro. Build me a good fundamental team I’ll take my chances.

yeah let's see how this team does with another 85 transfers with Cam Mack being one of them already saying he's going to play one year and be done

sounds good dude!

« Reply #174 on: March 21, 2019, 12:00:03 AM »
The worst part is this was the supposed to be the reward for enduring 3 painful seasons and the window was open to do something special this year. That window has now been slammed shut with a fairly embarrassing loss to end an extremely disappointing season.

This would have been different if we were a young team and a foundation was in place for our best players to return and make another run at it. But unless something drastic happens with the roster next year in regards to getting multiple grad transfers and/or decommits from elsewhere, we are staring down the barrel of another last place finish next year and another multi-year rebuild.

We are lucky enough to get a player like Shamorie Ponds and he doesn't even see the round of 64 in the NCAA Tournament.

Mustapha Heron goes from being the top scorer on a 4 seed Auburn team to regressing and playing the worst game of his life in Dayton.

Clark played hard every night and had his moments, but never quite reached the level of consistency we needed from him.

Simon is essentially a free agent and I'd honestly be surprised if he stayed to finish his college career with a rebuilding team rather than go anywhere else where he can win.

All indications point to our only recruiting assistant coach leaving us, his alma mater and the place he grew up, to go to a football school in the middle of the country.

Sad times.

I don’t expect a poster like you to over react like this.

« Reply #175 on: March 21, 2019, 12:06:04 AM »
How about we get coach and staff that goes recruits/ gets commitments from Rosell Catholic, Stepinac, Lincoln etc. get a staff that can coach evaluate talent

« Reply #176 on: March 21, 2019, 12:07:59 AM »

Sad times.

Yep....  With Ponds gone, and Heron likely to follow him, then prepare to finish at the bottom of the conference.  Unless, we luck out again late in the signing period, then next season will make this season look like "Charlie" (Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory) nabbing the last "Wonka Golden Ticket."

As, you stated re: Simon.  You never know as he'll be able to go another route without having to sit out.  I'm also hearing there could potentially be a defection or two. 
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 12:08:49 AM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #177 on: March 21, 2019, 12:10:55 AM »
Doesn't get more embarrassing than that. Heron and Clark...foul out...Clark 0 pts. Holy moly...

LJ and Sham were good...but that was it. Missed free throws, all those turn overs...pissed it away.

The stupid passes and heat check 3s...it's just the SAME stupid crap all season...they don't learn, they aren't coached.

Simply put...if Chris Mullin is the coach next season this school and team gets no $ from me.

It's baseball season.

goredmen

« Reply #178 on: March 21, 2019, 12:11:16 AM »
I don’t expect a poster like you to over react like this.

Maybe it is an over-reaction based on the emotion of the season ending. Maybe I'll come down off this ledge in the next few days. Maybe I won't.

Right now, I'm looking for a reason to be optimistic about this program moving forward. I'm having real trouble identifying those reasons

« Reply #179 on: March 21, 2019, 12:13:08 AM »
Maybe it is an over-reaction based on the emotion of the season ending. Maybe I'll come down off this ledge in the next few days. Maybe I won't.

Right now, I'm looking for a reason to be optimistic about this program moving forward. I'm having real trouble identifying those reasons

Maybe ponds returns