Mullin to step down? Hurley in?

• 361 replies
Re: Mullin to step down? Hurley in?
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2019, 11:39:28 AM »
your non stop personal attacks, are BS. Why is it even necessary?

Personal attacks....  Maybe, you should check out many of desco's posts on here and Redmen re: Lavin.  I think that's where TonyD is coming from per his last post. 

« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2019, 11:41:31 AM »
Great post, pretty much agree with it all. But, and you mentioned it a bit, lavins last year following his big class with dlo was pretty much it. Nothing underneath it if you consider rysheed had no shot at coming back. Mullin at least has a shot at returning 3 key starters from a tournament team. I had no faith in lavin building it back up again from scratch and creating a program built on continualtity. Mullin I think could still get the players that it takes if he’s surrounded by the right AC’s. With that said I wouldn’t be upset if he decides to walk away.

I had more faith in Lavin doing something than Mullin doing anything (which he really hasn't done since he's been at St. John's).

I never had any faith in the coaching, which I saw fundamental flaws during Mullin's first year.  I knew they would have to change up things in order to have long-term or sustained success.  Then around 2 1/2 years ago, I received a call from someone who is close to the program and said Mullin was lethargic on recruiting trail.  Right then and there, I knew this wouldn't end well.  Shoddy coaching, along with a staff, other than one person, who treated recruiting like some kinda casual hobby....  In the words of Moose: Doomed.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 11:48:59 AM by mjdinkins »

Poison

« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2019, 11:53:52 AM »
Well, there you have it! 

Shit. If he really thinks the program is moving in the right direction, he should be fired, too.

Tha Kid

« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2019, 11:57:59 AM »
Shit. If he really thinks the program is moving in the right direction, he should be fired, too.

His hands may be tied re: amount for buy out and hiring new coach.
"I drink and I know things"

« Reply #66 on: April 06, 2019, 12:00:16 PM »
Personal attacks....  Maybe, you should check out many of desco's posts on here and Redmen re: Lavin.  I think that's where TonyD is coming from per his last post. 

I can't speak for the past, but only what is presented. Which is wrong regardless of comments about Lavin. Said something to Desco's comments too, during Lavin's years. You comment about your disagreements with Mullin's coaching performance, no problem. when it gets personal, it is out of bounds. Not defending Mullin's coaching performance, just the personal attacks. No place for them here on this board. Lastly don't want to hear other Boards are worse, a kindergarten response, we can be better.

« Reply #67 on: April 06, 2019, 12:05:16 PM »
I can't speak for the past, but only what is presented. Which is wrong regardless of comments about Lavin. Said something to Desco's comments too, during Lavin's years. You comment about your disagreements with Mullin's coaching performance, no problem. when it gets personal, it is out of bounds. Not defending Mullin's coaching performance, just the personal attacks. No place for them here on this board. Lastly don't want to hear other Boards are worse, a kindergarten response, we can be better.

I never make it personal with coaches or players (certainly not players).  But I will call out coaches for doing a lousy job (only regarding their job), and I'll call out posters if need be. 

If I wanted to say "other boards are worse," then I have that right (whether, you think it's kindergarten or not).  And, there are tons of boards much harsher than any of our boards.  It doesn't make it right to make things personal with coaches or players, but it happens. 

I only merely pointed out Desco made it personal with Lavin, so in many ways (outside of calling Mullin a "loser") I understood where TonyD was coming from on his recent post. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 12:08:13 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2019, 12:05:18 PM »
Money talks! I wouldn’t walk away from 4 million. He can continue doing his job with half the effort and collect enough money to live a comfortable life. Without as working as hard as 90% of the head coaching fraternity.

« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2019, 12:08:05 PM »
I never make it personal with coaches or players (certainly not players).  But I will call out coaches for doing a lousy job, and I'll call out posters if need be. 

If I wanted to say "other boards are worse," then I have that right (whether, you think it's kindergarten or not).  And, there are tons of boards much harser than any of our boards.  It doesn't make it right to make things personal with coaches or players, but it happens. 

I only merely pointed out Desco made it personal with Lavin, so I understood where TonyD was coming from on his recent post. 

Didn't mean to allude to you, "other boards", was a general comment, nor that you make personal comments, didn't word the sentence well.

Dan

« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2019, 12:22:04 PM »
Money talks! I wouldn’t walk away from 4 million. He can continue doing his job with half the effort and collect enough money to live a comfortable life. Without as working as hard as 90% of the head coaching fraternity.

Cragg et al. with this have just showed Mullin that he can walk all over them and do zero as a HC (which seems to be close to what he does now).  If they really tried to see if they could force a resignation, he refused, and then they refused to pay him, there's no way this team will ever be good as long as he's here because that is a cancerous relationship.

« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2019, 12:27:21 PM »
The 10% working less hard as Mullin must all be deceased.

TONYD3

« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2019, 12:43:52 PM »
Mullin is an absolute disgrace

Dan

« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2019, 12:47:16 PM »
We need to separate his work as a HC from his playing career. All time great player, hall of famer.

Jarvis like effort as HC

« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2019, 12:59:44 PM »
I had more faith in Lavin doing something than Mullin doing anything (which he really hasn't done since he's been at St. John's).

I never had any faith in the coaching, which I saw fundamental flaws during Mullin's first year.  I knew they would have to change up things in order to have long-term or sustained success.  Then around 2 1/2 years ago, I received a call from someone who is close to the program and said Mullin was lethargic on recruiting trail.  Right then and there, I knew this wouldn't end well.  Shoddy coaching, along with a staff, other than one person, who treated recruiting like some kinda casual hobby....  In the words of Moose: Doomed.

All fair but I would disagree with lavin. Don’t think he had it in him to start all over again for the long haul. Very well might be the case with Mullin as well but his classses weren’t set up to have a complete roster drop off. 2 juniors and a sophomore who played 30 minutes as key pieces are returning. Like I said I wouldn’t be upset if he decided to leave and personally don’t think he is a good coach, but he brought us to the tourney and with the right moves I think he could do it again.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2019, 01:01:33 PM »
Didn't mean to allude to you, "other boards", was a general comment, nor that you make personal comments, didn't word the sentence well.

:up:

pmg911

« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2019, 01:03:22 PM »
Mullin is an absolute disgrace

A disgrace..? you should go f yourself and never come to another game..

You are a terrible fan and if you ever saw Coach Mullin in person you would never have the balls to say that him.

Keep hiding behind the keyboard..

« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2019, 01:07:41 PM »
All fair but I would disagree with lavin. Don’t think he had it in him to start all over again for the long haul. Very well might be the case with Mullin as well but his classses weren’t set up to have a complete roster drop off. 2 juniors and a sophomore who played 30 minutes as key pieces are returning. Like I said I wouldn’t be upset if he decided to leave and personally don’t think he is a good coach, but he brought us to the tourney and with the right moves I think he could do it again.

That's fine....  We can agree to disagree.   :up:   I also don't think Mullin has it in him for the long haul.

Yeah, he brought us to the tournament, but I find it extremely hard to happen again in the near future.  Personally, I didn't care for this season outside of four or five games.  Too many flaws as previous seasons. 

I also think we're likely gonna stink next season, and the groundswell will get even larger than it already is now.  So, unless the "right moves" are three new assistant coaches who can all in some way recruit and coach (along, with Mullin beating the bushes for recruits), then like 2 1/2 years ago.....  I don't see this ending well. 
« Last Edit: April 06, 2019, 01:09:49 PM by mjdinkins »

Dan

« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2019, 01:14:29 PM »
That's fine....  We can agree to disagree.   :up:   I also don't think Mullin has it in him for the long haul.

Yeah, he brought us to the tournament, but I find it extremely hard to happen again in the near future.  Personally, I didn't care for this season outside of four or five games.  Too many flaws as previous seasons. 

I also think we're likely gonna stink next season, and the groundswell will get even larger than it already is now.  So, unless the "right moves" are three new assistant coaches who can all in some way recruit and coach (along, with Mullin beating the bushes for recruits), then like 2 1/2 years ago.....  I don't see this ending well. 

Agreed...if Cragg needed to quell rumors and do a vote of confidence now, how is he going to stay as HC if the team is going to be in another "rebuild" in years 5 and 6?

« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2019, 01:24:42 PM »
Agreed...if Cragg needed to quell rumors and do a vote of confidence now, how is he going to stay as HC if the team is going to be in another "rebuild" in years 5 and 6?

Might not be what everyone wants to hear but if these rumors and rumbling exist after a tournament season then you can bet they will only heighten following a lesser season. If we do in fact struggle next year then it gives Cragg and those who want a new coach all the ammunition they need. If we have a good year then it would be fair to re-evaluate mullin as a coach. Just don’t see how he is forced out at this point.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.