Mullin to step down? Hurley in?

• 361 replies
Re: Mullin to step down? Hurley in?
« Reply #320 on: April 10, 2019, 01:14:19 PM »
and if my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle...

not necessarily in today's America

SJUFAN

« Reply #321 on: April 10, 2019, 01:53:52 PM »
and if my Aunt had balls she would be my Uncle...

That’s a truly ignorant response. Sheed was really talented.

wpc77

« Reply #322 on: April 10, 2019, 02:05:10 PM »
School still in session why isn't in staying on campus to mentor and work with his players which is allowed by NCAA (off season workouts). From what I have heard this is is modus operandi-go back to California right after the season. This is why I harbor bad feelings toward Mullin's entire tenure as coach here-his lack of commitment and work ethic. Treated coaching like a part time job-was never close to fully invested.

He was in Manhasset on Saturday mid-day right before the vote of confidence from Cragg was issued.  Even waved to people who recognized him.  Bizarre that 48 hours later he is on the west coast and dialing in a goodbye.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 02:24:35 PM by wpc77 »

sju89tr

« Reply #323 on: April 10, 2019, 02:14:01 PM »
He was in Manhasset on Saturday mid-day right before the vote of confident from Cragg was issued.  Even waved to people who recognized him.  Bizarre that 48 hours later he is on the west coast and dialing in a goodbye.

How you can call in a goodbye to your team is really head scratching. You are owed 4 million regardless. Get your ass on a plane back to NY meet with the kids then go back. That's teh decent thing to do, the kids deserve that from their coach.   

TONYD3

« Reply #324 on: April 10, 2019, 02:27:38 PM »
How you can call in a goodbye to your team is really head scratching. You are owed 4 million regardless. Get your ass on a plane back to NY meet with the kids then go back. That's teh decent thing to do, the kids deserve that from their coach.   
Take that back. He is a hero

sju89tr

« Reply #325 on: April 10, 2019, 02:31:39 PM »
Take that back. He is a hero

If that is true then it's bullshit.

I loved Mullin as a player. He was a hustler and so fun to watch. He is the face of the basketball program and will always be. 

This was completely the wrong thing to do if he called the team from California.       

pmg911

« Reply #326 on: April 10, 2019, 02:34:04 PM »
not necessarily in today's America

point taken. .  my apologies if the joke offended anyone

« Reply #327 on: April 10, 2019, 02:42:32 PM »
Valdir Manuel has reopened his recruitment

Johnny23

« Reply #328 on: April 10, 2019, 02:53:10 PM »
Again outside of a handful of players everyone else on the current roster is replaceable. One of the benefits of a poor recruiting job by the Mullin regime.

« Reply #329 on: April 10, 2019, 03:21:25 PM »
point taken. .  my apologies if the joke offended anyone
I was joking too

pmg911

« Reply #330 on: April 10, 2019, 03:28:06 PM »
Valdir Manuel has reopened his recruitment

where did you see that..?

« Reply #331 on: April 10, 2019, 03:33:11 PM »
Vlad out was confirmed by him and reported by multiple writers

redslope

« Reply #332 on: April 10, 2019, 03:45:16 PM »
We are not bleeding--we are Hemorrhaging.  Need emergency treatment ASAP.  School needs to get this done NOW.

sju89tr

« Reply #333 on: April 10, 2019, 03:47:07 PM »
We are not bleeding--we are Hemorrhaging.  Need emergency treatment ASAP.  School needs to get this done NOW.

We are bleeding badly at this point - I don't expect more than 6 left by the time the new coach meets with the team for the first time with ZERO new recruits left   

« Reply #334 on: April 10, 2019, 04:08:27 PM »

They need to find their new coach and get him in and see what he can do. But I mean none of this is unexpected with a coaching change.

« Reply #335 on: April 10, 2019, 05:07:09 PM »
Lav- 2 NITs and 2 NCAAs and plenty of exciting wins along the way. Mullin never even came close to that. Also Lav recruited a ton of top players here, ones that Mullin never would have had a chance with. Mullins value to this program was fundraising and sellouts that is all.
Obviously, Hollywood's tenure here was nothing short of outstanding. He was a c*nt hair away from 4 Ncaa bids. His act here would have been difficult for any new coach to follow.
He regressed this season. Plenty to blame for that but a fact is a fact.
He had better numbers this year than his first two and made 1st team BE where in the past he didn't. Not a fact unless outright untruths are now facts.

Also- from TALENT-wise Sheed would run circles around Ponds easily. A focused Sheed without the baggage could have been a first-team All-American.
And TALENT-wise if I wasn't old, bald, fat and poor I could be screwing swimsuit models. I don't know what you feel the significance of this statement is?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 05:08:09 PM by carmineabbatiello »

« Reply #336 on: April 10, 2019, 05:14:40 PM »
59-73 that's bad. 20-52 in the Big East??

Hey, atta boy.  You have somehow stumbled onto a truth about Coach Mullin.  He had a poor overall record while coaching here.  You see how simple that was?

hence why you're man crush Mullin 

You make something like my love for Chris Mullin seem dirty and bad when the truth is it is pure and good.  Shame on you!

« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 05:15:29 PM by carmineabbatiello »

Foad

« Reply #337 on: April 10, 2019, 05:26:17 PM »
And my point with Sheed was this- TALENT not talking about the baggage. If his head was screwed on straight he had the potential for greatness and lottery pick easily.

It's a shame that he had a coach that led him to the penitentiary rather than the league.

Foad

« Reply #338 on: April 10, 2019, 05:26:45 PM »
If you rebuild it, they will dumb:

http://www.bigeastboards.com/

« Reply #339 on: April 10, 2019, 05:49:37 PM »
Obviously, Hollywood's tenure here was nothing short of outstanding. He was a c*nt hair away from 4 Ncaa bids. His act here would have been difficult for any new coach to follow.He had better numbers this year than his first two and made 1st team BE where in the past he didn't. Not a fact unless outright untruths are now facts.And TALENT-wise if I wasn't old, bald, fat and poor I could be screwing swimsuit models. I don't know what you feel the significance of this statement is?

In regards to the point about regression- stats do not always tell the story. Some of the must-win games I felt he did not play to caliber. Turnovers, bad shots.

I think also the Duke game was very revealing (with surefire NBA talent on that squad). I was hoping that game he would have had his Moe "moment" at Cameron and punch his ticket to first round but it was not to be. Out of all the games this season- that was prob the most realistic to gauge NBA potential and he fell woefully short. I know he played well last year against them at home but away at Cameron I felt that was a better gauge. Moe dropped 30 there and I think that game helped him punch his ticket to be honest.