New Coach

• 840 replies
Re: New Coach
« Reply #700 on: April 18, 2019, 08:19:41 PM »
Love College Basketball realized today my school doesn’t play it anymore time to find a new program. I feel like my buddy’s who went schools like St. Leo’s Uni Of Tampa Roger Williams and Becker. Atleast I will save money on tickets.

SJUFAN

« Reply #701 on: April 18, 2019, 08:48:52 PM »
Is Cragg leading the search?

« Reply #702 on: April 18, 2019, 08:55:56 PM »
Just a quick question, where did you find that? Quick search at work I found that if he left for another team before March 2020, Boynton had to pay 75% of the remaining compensation on his contract. He only signed a 5 years $6 million contract. Unless I read that completely wrong, which is possible. Also wouldn’t doubt it since T. Boone Pickens pockets are deep. I have seen on Twitter that Boynton is still in the mix, but who knows.

Back channels. You won't find that information in any public searches.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

« Reply #703 on: April 18, 2019, 09:06:34 PM »
There was a time when I really wanted Hewitt.  But now he's been out of the game for awhile.

« Reply #704 on: April 18, 2019, 09:07:16 PM »
I take at least half of what Repole said with a grain of salt, sounds like he didn't get his way more than once.

I don't think Lou has anything to do with the Cluess situation. I couldn't really even gather from the interview that Cragg wanted Cluess either.

Repole did more damage than good IMHO

The Pres is going nowhere (nor the Board) as a result of the basketball program.

Repole also gave Mullin a big pass for which Mullin deserves a lot of the blame.       

I agree with what you're saying but I think there are some problems rooted in that.

The fact the board / school has shunned so many of our prominent alumni over the years is a real issue.

How many people in the administration have experience outside of SJU? There are so many people in prominent positions that started as entry level employees and graduates of the school. The cycle of bad continues because that's all that's known.

I was excited when Cragg was hired because I thought maybe he would clean house and bring in outsiders to right the ship.

goredmen

« Reply #705 on: April 18, 2019, 09:08:22 PM »
Roger Rubin
I'm hearing Mike Anderson gets the st. John's gig. #sjubb

goredmen

« Reply #706 on: April 18, 2019, 09:10:34 PM »
Jon Rothstein
Sources: Mike Anderson is emerging as a strong favorite to be the next head coach at St. John's. Former head coach at Arkansas, Missouri, and UAB.

« Reply #707 on: April 18, 2019, 09:18:10 PM »
Jon Rothstein
Sources: Mike Anderson is emerging as a strong favorite to be the next head coach at St. John's. Former head coach at Arkansas, Missouri, and UAB.
Anderson would be a great get.  Guy has succeeded at every stop.  His teams play an exciting brand of basketball. Obviously pitino is the pie in the sky dream choice but Anderson may be the second best name I've heard seriously mentioned with us. If we can surround him with a group of assistants that really understand the ny recruiting scene I think he can be very successful.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:19:12 PM by colelatshaw2010 »

Dan

« Reply #708 on: April 18, 2019, 09:19:41 PM »
They wouldn't even let Mike Rice come in as an assistant...Pitino was never actually happening.

Anderson is pretty good, not nearly as bad as Haith, Hewitt, Jones
« Last Edit: April 18, 2019, 09:22:29 PM by Dan »

Dan

« Reply #709 on: April 18, 2019, 09:20:40 PM »
I would stop short of great but he's not trash

SJUFAN

« Reply #710 on: April 18, 2019, 09:20:59 PM »
Jon Rothstein

Considering what has transpired these last few days, should we land  Anderson I would be happy with him.

goredmen

« Reply #711 on: April 18, 2019, 09:21:00 PM »
I said yesterday that at the end of the interview Repole said "Cluess or maybe somebody with more experience" that he had a specific guy in mind. I don't think it's far fetched that Anderson was that guy and Repole won. Who knows though

« Reply #712 on: April 18, 2019, 09:32:26 PM »
Roger Rubin
I'm hearing Mike Anderson gets the st. John's gig. #sjubb

This is a good development.

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #713 on: April 18, 2019, 09:34:04 PM »
Good news considering the disaster this has happened in. Wonder how much of this was Repole and Cragg doing? :)

Johnny23

« Reply #714 on: April 18, 2019, 09:36:58 PM »
Anderson is decent. 3 tourneys in 8 years at Arky. Some Razorback faithful claimed his system was not working anymore with some of the rule changes in the game today. SJU job is going to be a lot harder for him than Ark as he's a southern boy through and through.

goredmen

« Reply #715 on: April 18, 2019, 09:37:19 PM »
I can still imagine this falling through just because We Are St John's.

After these past 10 days we're due for a string of good news now. Let's hope the next few days/weeks bring news of solid assistant hires, LJ and Heron returning and a decent PG joining the squad

« Reply #716 on: April 18, 2019, 09:53:37 PM »
Lots of reports now coming out that Anderson is happening.

« Reply #717 on: April 18, 2019, 09:55:36 PM »
My phone is blowing up right now. Mike Anderson

« Reply #718 on: April 18, 2019, 09:56:26 PM »
This is BAD

redslope

« Reply #719 on: April 18, 2019, 09:56:45 PM »
Anderson would be nice get at this point.  He learned Nolan Richardson's philosophy of 40 minutes of hell and continues to practice it.  He spreads the minutes as I looked at his team stats this year and he played 9 guys double digit minutes per game and only two guys playing 30/game.  Best was that he beat Providence at the Dunk.  Not getting hopes up but will do stations tomorrow.  As said above he would have to be supported by local assistants with recruiting ability in the area.  His players at Arkansas are primarily "local" Ark. Tex. OK so that might mean he likes to go after "local to the school"kids.