New Coach

• 840 replies
Re: New Coach
« Reply #520 on: April 16, 2019, 12:06:44 AM »
I'm up for it if he brings the nun.

« Reply #521 on: April 16, 2019, 12:06:51 AM »
I’ve seen no evidence of any of this other than talk like this on message boards.

Why didn’t GSJ draw something up at home against Providence when their freshman ate our frontcourt alive?

I’m ready to move on from this staff.

You didn’t see out of bounds plays the last 4 years? Or the down screen lobs?

You don’t think he has NBA connects? Does his dad and his associates count? What about the players on Twitter that have mentioned him re coaching vacancy?

goredmen

« Reply #522 on: April 16, 2019, 12:17:24 AM »

Poison

« Reply #523 on: April 16, 2019, 12:19:34 AM »
You didn’t see out of bounds plays the last 4 years? Or the down screen lobs?

You don’t think he has NBA connects? Does his dad and his associates count? What about the players on Twitter that have mentioned him re coaching vacancy?

He had a full team this year, and pretty much a full team last year, too. If his plays are so great,
why didn't they work when it counts? Why did his teams always fade in March?

« Reply #525 on: April 16, 2019, 02:37:46 AM »
He had a full team this year, and pretty much a full team last year, too. If his plays are so great,
why didn't they work when it counts? Why did his teams always fade in March?

SurviveDC is trolling you, and I suspect he and a couple others have been trolling for awhile. 

Foad

« Reply #526 on: April 16, 2019, 05:28:38 AM »
They got rid of this guy after four years

8-24 (1-17 in conference)
14-19
16-17
21-13

to hire this guy

7-23 (1-17 in conference)
15-16
10-22
24-13

Uncanny. Dave Leitao is probably not sleeping well tonight: making the semi finals of the NIT just got that much tougher.

« Reply #527 on: April 16, 2019, 06:21:45 AM »

14-19
16-17
21-13

to hire this guy

15-16
10-22
24-13

Uncanny. Dave Leitao is probably not sleeping well tonight: making the semi finals of the NIT just got that much tougher.

Hope Johnny23 is happy...was beggin for Mullins departure.   Well here you go Johnny!!

But but but....he works hard!!!

He has experience!!

He has energy!!!!

NINJA PLEASE
« Last Edit: April 16, 2019, 06:45:39 AM by buckeyestorm »

wpc77

« Reply #528 on: April 16, 2019, 06:58:13 AM »
Unbelievable.

Well, unlv decided not to hire Moser a few weeks back.  And they decided not to hire cragg about a year ago.   At least we see a trend forming. 

Ugh.

Johnny23

« Reply #529 on: April 16, 2019, 07:00:32 AM »
Hope Johnny23 is happy...was beggin for Mullins departure.   Well here you go Johnny!!

But but but....he works hard!!!

He has experience!!

He has energy!!!!

NINJA PLEASE

And he went to the Final 4 with a team that had no right being there. That's called coaching sonny. Finally a coach that works hard, knows X's and O's and teaches defense. He's hit his stride as an elite coach and we scoop him up. Great work by Cragg.

Oh and Loyola fans seem upset about their losing their star coach. Here's what one had to say:

"The alarm bell response against Porter from the outside seems to be that “he’s only had one good year!”

Far from it. He’s had one amazing year that most coaches have never had and will likely never have. He’s also had a few other good years. If you ask me, this year was in many ways one of his best years. Last years team was loaded with seniors and little expectations. This year was loaded with underclassmen, only two seniors, unprecedented hype and expectations for Loyola, and saddled with a huge injury to a key starter most of the season. And he coached them 20 wins and a conference title. Was it what we wanted? No, but it was still a good season, a season most schools would love. Oh, and he’s following it all up with a top 70 recruiting class at a mid major school."

« Reply #530 on: April 16, 2019, 07:14:00 AM »
And he went to the Final 4 with a team that had no right being there. That's called coaching sonny. Finally a coach that works hard, knows X's and O's and teaches defense. He's hit his stride as an elite coach and we scoop him up. Great work by Cragg.

Oh and Loyola fans seem upset about their losing their star coach. Here's what one had to say:

"The alarm bell response against Porter from the outside seems to be that “he’s only had one good year!”

Far from it. He’s had one amazing year that most coaches have never had and will likely never have. He’s also had a few other good years. If you ask me, this year was in many ways one of his best years. Last years team was loaded with seniors and little expectations. This year was loaded with underclassmen, only two seniors, unprecedented hype and expectations for Loyola, and saddled with a huge injury to a key starter most of the season. And he coached them 20 wins and a conference title. Was it what we wanted? No, but it was still a good season, a season most schools would love. Oh, and he’s following it all up with a top 70 recruiting class at a mid major school."
I don't really know much about this guy, other than the final four run.  Every opinion about him I see online is positive - he's a good coach, has energy, will do a good job.  I'm sure he knows how to recruit and where he'll need help in that regard.  Good luck I hope it works out well for St. John's.  No guarantee Cluess would be better than this guy. For alums of St. John's, you guys probably didn't want Pitino, as good of a coach as he is, representing SJ's.  I wouldn't. 

« Reply #531 on: April 16, 2019, 07:22:24 AM »
Was moser considered for any high major positions during last off-season?

« Reply #532 on: April 16, 2019, 07:23:36 AM »
I don't really know much about this guy, other than the final four run.  Every opinion about him I see online is positive - he's a good coach, has energy, will do a good job.  I'm sure he knows how to recruit and where he'll need help in that regard.  Good luck I hope it works out well for St. John's.  No guarantee Cluess would be better than this guy. For alums of St. John's, you guys probably didn't want Pitino, as good of a coach as he is, representing SJ's.  I wouldn't. 
Please go away

Foad

« Reply #533 on: April 16, 2019, 07:33:35 AM »
And he went to the Final 4 with a team that had no right being there. That's called coaching sonny.

Take away the one year he went 32-6 and his lifetime coaching record is 214-220. Which is carry the one, nearly .500. Over 14 years. In the Missouri Valley Conference. What's that called sonny?

an elite coach and we scoop him up. Great work by Cragg.

For data sets where an elite coach is defined as one who loses a game for every one he wins.

Is his name Carmine?

Far from it. He’s had one amazing year that most coaches have never had and will likely never have. He’s also had a few other good years.

"A few other good years." Out of fifteen. High praise.

The bad news is that he's had a few bad years: he's lost more games than he's won in 7 of 15 years.

Elite. Knight. Rupp. Shrewshevski. Moser. We're lucky to have scooped him up.

If you ask me, this year was in many ways one of his best years. Last years team was loaded with seniors and little expectations. This year was loaded with underclassmen, only two seniors, unprecedented hype and expectations for Loyola, and saddled with a huge injury to a key starter

Huge injury to a key starter? Was it Marcus Lovett? Anyway, how could this elite coach not have a back up plan? That's called poor preparation right there sonny.

And he coached them 20 wins and a conference title. Was it what we wanted? No, but it was still a good season, a season most schools would love.

SOS = 140
RPI = 130
KP = 130

One and done in the NIT.

A season most schools would love.

Oh, and he’s following it all up with a top 70 recruiting class at a mid major school."

WOW! TOP 70!? Three three-star recruits!? Nice.

« Reply #534 on: April 16, 2019, 07:38:07 AM »

"elite coach" lol

« Reply #535 on: April 16, 2019, 07:47:31 AM »
Cragg will resign soon.  This was Olivias choice once again. Same OLD Same OLD

Johnny23

« Reply #536 on: April 16, 2019, 08:04:03 AM »
Take away the one year he went 32-6 and his lifetime coaching record is 214-220. Which is carry the one, nearly .500. Over 14 years. In the Missouri Valley Conference. What's that called sonny?

For data sets where an elite coach is defined as one who loses a game for every one he wins.

Is his name Carmine?

"A few other good years." Out of fifteen. High praise.

The bad news is that he's had a few bad years: he's lost more games than he's won in 7 of 15 years.

Elite. Knight. Rupp. Shrewshevski. Moser. We're lucky to have scooped him up.

Huge injury to a key starter? Was it Marcus Lovett? Anyway, how could this elite coach not have a back up plan? That's called poor preparation right there sonny.

SOS = 140
RPI = 130
KP = 130

One and done in the NIT.

A season most schools would love.

WOW! TOP 70!? Three three-star recruits!? Nice.

Yeah take away the year where made his Final 4 run. Forget it happened. Just like taking away Mullin's record this season, right? Without this season Mullin's career record would make Moser's appear Wooden like. 

The MVC you speak of that's had 2 Final Four teams in the last 6 years. Pretty damn impressive for any mid major conference. Way to try and bash it.

So let's see. His best season was one of the best coaching jobs in the history of the sport. Yet Mullin's best season was limping into the First 4 and getting unceremoniously bounced before he could even be part of the field of 64.

Moser followed that up with a conference title this year and a 20 win season. But according to you he can't coach. This guy is going to coach up the entire roster. The anti-Mullin.

Cragg doing work.

Foad

« Reply #537 on: April 16, 2019, 08:43:03 AM »
Yeah take away the year where made his Final 4 run. Forget it happened. Just like taking away Mullin's record this season, right? Without this season Mullin's career record would make Moser's appear Wooden like. 

The MVC you speak of that's had 2 Final Four teams in the last 6 years. Pretty damn impressive for any mid major conference. Way to try and bash it.

So let's see. His best season was one of the best coaching jobs in the history of the sport. Yet Mullin's best season was limping into the First 4 and getting unceremoniously bounced before he could even be part of the field of 64.

Moser followed that up with a conference title this year and a 20 win season. But according to you he can't coach. This guy is going to coach up the entire roster. The anti-Mullin.

Cragg doing work.

No, professional lickspittle Cragg doing Oliva's bidding by hiring an up and coming 50 years old elite coach with a .500 career record and 7 losing seasons out of 15. Yes Mister Oliva, No Mister Oliva, whatever you say Mister Oliva.

Poison

« Reply #538 on: April 16, 2019, 09:19:50 AM »

14-19
16-17
21-13

to hire this guy

15-16
10-22
24-13

I think many of us are just glad that Mullin is gone. Maybe if he worked harder the university would have given him more time.

goredmen

« Reply #539 on: April 16, 2019, 09:20:09 AM »
Moser to meet with Loyola first I assume to see if he can squeeze some money out of them.

What an absolute embarrassment it would be for us to publicly offer the Loyola Chicago coach just to ultimately get rejected by him. But I suppose that’s where we are now