Marillac

Re: Departures and Arrivals Thread
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2019, 06:23:47 PM »
Incoming:

Alonzo Verge
Rob Edwards

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2019, 06:38:35 PM »
Similar situation to what Mullin came into. He came into a bare cupboard, leaving a bare cupboard.

These are 20yo's. They will be emotional when their coach/s leave. Jarvis had to do some recruiting of Fran's team when he replaced Fran. Lavin had to re-recruit some of his guys. Let's see who we hire, I am so much more confident in Cragg than any other decision maker we've had previously.

sju89tr

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2019, 06:41:01 PM »
Why are we assuming Heron gone? Whoever the new coach is he can have a career year as the best player on this team. All he needs is to be healthy.

I hope Heron stays, I am just looking worst case scenario

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2019, 06:44:57 PM »
I don’t think this a bare cupboard.

If we were allowed to protect 5-6 guys from being poached like the the rule 5 draft in baseball I would have protected:

LJ, Heron, Williams, Roberts, and  Steere for sure. And then either Simon or Wright with #6.

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2019, 06:51:03 PM »
I don’t think this a bare cupboard.

If we were allowed to protect 5-6 guys from being poached like the the rule 5 draft in baseball I would have protected:

LJ, Heron, Williams, Roberts, and  Steere for sure. And then either Simon or Wright with #6.

If those guys all stay, it's a nice nucleus, and with spring in the air and the sexiness of Bobby being the new HC, I would like our chances in terms of bringing in tons of talent.

« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2019, 07:25:30 PM »
I can go to war with LJ, Heron, Wright, Williams, Carahar, Steere, Keita, Roberts

I'd target Rayjon Tucker and Jaylen Fisher HARD. Still a top half team in conference.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

wpc77

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2019, 08:00:35 PM »
I can go to war with LJ, Heron, Wright, Williams, Carahar, Steere, Keita, Roberts

I'd target Rayjon Tucker and Jaylen Fisher HARD. Still a top half team in conference.

DJ Harvey too

Wods317

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2019, 08:47:02 PM »

Dave, does it seem like they are just waiting for Hurley to decide?

TONYD3

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2019, 11:24:58 PM »
Please take back your statement that Keita rebounds.
Keita is a decent defensive rebounded. He atleast bodies his man. Far from my favorite player. But I don’t hate him. I am well aware of his deficiencies. But he is big and physical.

goredmen

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2019, 11:52:52 PM »
Keita is a decent defensive rebounded. He atleast bodies his man. Far from my favorite player. But I don’t hate him. I am well aware of his deficiencies. But he is big and physical.

Heron, LJ, Marv, and Simon were all better defensive rebounders than Keita this season. He doesn't do anything well on a basketball court.

« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2019, 04:17:59 PM »
So on Troy's podcast Zach said that Simon was not on track to graduate so he wouldn't be allowed to grad transfer. So deciding to go pro just makes sense for him.

Johnny23

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2019, 04:44:40 PM »
So on Troy's podcast Zach said that Simon was not on track to graduate so he wouldn't be allowed to grad transfer. So deciding to go pro just makes sense for him.

I hope he's got his passport ready.

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2019, 04:50:25 PM »
Keita sees Owens in a championship game and thinks he can do as well.  There's no chance for that here unless a top five coach is brought in.

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2019, 05:23:32 PM »
I would have protected:

You would rather have Williams, Roberts and Steere than a mature senior BE defensive player of the year?  Careful, your inexplicable prejudice against Garfunkel is showing again.

« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2019, 11:47:13 AM »
LJ out

« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2019, 11:48:14 AM »
LJ to the portal...sheesh...we need a head coach now

Foad

« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2019, 11:54:44 AM »
This is working out great. Leaves John Scheyer with a lot of scholarships to use to shape the program according to his vision.

« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2019, 12:01:19 PM »
LJ to the portal...sheesh...we need a head coach now

He's gotta sit and he's already 38 years old

Marillac

« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2019, 12:06:48 PM »
Cragg looks like a joke. How hard is this to work out in advance? You control the freaking timing of the firing/resignation.

« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2019, 12:14:18 PM »
Excited for continued defections followed by 3 years of poor play followed by an ok season followed by a firing for not meeting expectations.

LJ hurts, hope he comes back, love watching that guy.