Departures and Arrivals Thread

• 189 replies
Re: Departures and Arrivals Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 23, 2019, 05:14:30 PM »
If LJ is visiting Western Kentucky, it wouldn't seem that Hsu is coming here.

goredmen

« Reply #61 on: April 23, 2019, 05:15:22 PM »
Hsu hosting LJ at WKU today. Something smelled fishy to me with the Hsu coming here situation when WKU signed that 4 star kid the other day that Hsu played a role in recruiting. No reason for Hsu not to be on board already if he was coming.

goredmen

« Reply #62 on: April 23, 2019, 05:39:44 PM »
Anderson might have to make a decision that tests the squeaky clean way he runs a program. Hope he makes the right choice

« Reply #63 on: April 23, 2019, 06:08:07 PM »
Anderson might have to make a decision that tests the squeaky clean way he runs a program. Hope he makes the right choice

And so it begins...

Marillac

« Reply #64 on: April 23, 2019, 06:12:08 PM »
Hsu hosting LJ at WKU today. Something smelled fishy to me with the Hsu coming here situation when WKU signed that 4 star kid the other day that Hsu played a role in recruiting. No reason for Hsu not to be on board already if he was coming.

What exactly is fishy about a man doing his job? Unlike Matt he actually works for his employer until the minute he goes elsewhere.

Watching those idiots on Redmen talk about this is comical. The world doesn’t revolve around St. John’s. He’s not playing games or using anyone as leverage. He’s not besties with Figueroa...LJ didn’t even follow him to NM or WKU.

You want Hsu then pay the man and give him the respect he deserves. Until you do he will continue killing it.

Marillac

« Reply #65 on: April 23, 2019, 06:28:58 PM »

These jumps our fans make are crazy.

Do you honestly think the holdup is ethics? Watkins made almost 400k at Arkansas. Hsu would need at least 300k and some respect to leave a place where he already makes a quarter mill and is adored by his head coach, the fans, admin, and media.

Matt was a lap dog. Hsu is a pitbull and you want him on your side. He doesn’t need to cheat to outwork anyone. He doesn’t need St. John’s...St. John’s needs him.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 06:30:18 PM by Marillac »

« Reply #66 on: April 23, 2019, 06:52:01 PM »
These jumps our fans make are crazy.

Do you honestly think the holdup is ethics? Watkins made almost 400k at Arkansas. Hsu would need at least 300k and some respect to leave a place where he already makes a quarter mill and is adored by his head coach, the fans, admin, and media.

Matt was a lap dog. Hsu is a pitbull and you want him on your side. He doesn’t need to cheat to outwork anyone. He doesn’t need St. John’s...St. John’s needs him.

FWIW - Hsu makes 200,004 as of 7/5/2018. I would also imagine something in the 275-300k would be the lowest to make him leave.

Source:
https://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentuckiana/2018/07/05/wku-pay-charles-basseys-guardian-200-k-assistant/759579002/

Cost of living calculator says that 200,004 = 438,380 in Queens

Source:
https://www.bestplaces.net/cost-of-living/bowling-green-ky/queens-ny/200004
« Last Edit: April 23, 2019, 06:53:52 PM by SeattleJohnny »

goredmen

« Reply #67 on: April 23, 2019, 07:04:16 PM »
What exactly is fishy about a man doing his job? Unlike Matt he actually works for his employer until the minute he goes elsewhere.

Watching those idiots on Redmen talk about this is comical. The world doesn’t revolve around St. John’s. He’s not playing games or using anyone as leverage. He’s not besties with Figueroa...LJ didn’t even follow him to NM or WKU.

You want Hsu then pay the man and give him the respect he deserves. Until you do he will continue killing it.

I’m not blaming Hsu for anything. Just saying him coming here is far from the foregone conclusion that it was once thought to be. Nothing that’s happened over the past few days is consistent with a guy who is leaving WKU for SJU. We shall see

« Reply #68 on: April 23, 2019, 07:36:07 PM »
Heron, Roberts, Steere , Carhrer, Wright, Earlington and Williams were all in video practicing today. Also looked like Keita was in street clothes....did not see LJ as mentioned he was on way to WKU....Thought I saw Trimble but not sure.

Marillac

« Reply #69 on: April 23, 2019, 08:10:37 PM »
St. John’s isn’t the only school interested in Hsu. He’s the hottest assistant coach in the country.

St. John’s needs to show him the respect he deserves. He can put this team in the dance single-handedly.

« Reply #70 on: April 23, 2019, 08:26:34 PM »
Hsu needs to be hired. I don't think LJ to Western Kentucky makes any sense. Why would he go there, sit out a year, and Hsu could bolt at any time, especially to SJU. I also don't believe Hsu is using this as leverage, there's nothing to leverage, he's got the job if he wants it.

I'm of the belief that Anderson will get the $ necessary to put together the best staff possible. That means paying Hsu 400k if necessary, there's a bigger picture thinking at play it seems with the Anderson hire and therefore should trickle down into the coaches. Borman, Hsu etc.

goredmen

« Reply #71 on: April 23, 2019, 08:46:21 PM »
St. John’s isn’t the only school interested in Hsu. He’s the hottest assistant coach in the country.

St. John’s needs to show him the respect he deserves. He can put this team in the dance single-handedly.

Damn, we've had a lot of coach's agents on this board over the years. SJUFAN for Lavin, Baldi for Slice, PMG for Mullin and now Marillac for Hsu. Hope you guys are getting good deals out of these guys.

« Reply #72 on: April 23, 2019, 08:49:08 PM »
if LJ was serious about exploring his options, why was he at Anderson's press conference? That sends a message

« Reply #73 on: April 23, 2019, 08:54:38 PM »
if LJ was serious about exploring his options, why was he at Anderson's press conference? That sends a message

You know the exact opposite could be said as well.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

« Reply #74 on: April 23, 2019, 09:51:55 PM »
LJ is reportedly setting up a visit to Arkansas.

And FWIW, Watkins is rumored to be retiring. TJ is coming with Mike. Kareem Reid has been contacted, probably not for a bench coach role though.

« Reply #75 on: April 23, 2019, 10:40:21 PM »
You know the exact opposite could be said as well.

As in if he wasn't there it would be a slap in the face? I disagree, if he is exploring transferring he doesn't have a tie to Coach Anderson. By him being there he started planting the seed that he'd return

ras

« Reply #76 on: April 23, 2019, 10:48:04 PM »
No it doesn’t . He did not know he would be called up and had bad body language. Didn’t look happy and had folded arms. Hope I’m wrong.

« Reply #77 on: April 23, 2019, 11:15:53 PM »
No it doesn’t . He did not know he would be called up and had bad body language. Didn’t look happy and had folded arms. Hope I’m wrong.

I noticed some of that as well, on top of Eli Wright touching his face non stop with his sleeve like a damn 4 year old with a lollipop.

QuanMan

« Reply #78 on: April 23, 2019, 11:47:59 PM »

I noticed his bad body language as well.

LJ is reportedly setting up a visit to Arkansas.

And FWIW, Watkins is rumored to be retiring. TJ is coming with Mike. Kareem Reid has been contacted, probably not for a bench coach role though.

Watkins has been CMA's right hand man since '06. Being a lifelong Southerner, I can understand him not wanting to relocate at 64 years old for another AC role.

This was only day4 of the CMA tenure, there is a definitely a effective plan in place to fill out the staff besides TJ Cleveland. Patience is key, but its very stressful in such a tight time constraint w a limited roster.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2019, 12:06:50 AM by QuanMan »
Section 3
Section 116

ras

« Reply #79 on: April 23, 2019, 11:58:34 PM »
LJ maybe is just exploring his options. But it looks like Hsu isn’t coming aboard. No way would LJ visit WKU if Hsu was coming here. And I really wanted Hsu on staff,disappointing.