Mike Repole Rips SJU and Administration to Pieces

• 31 replies

Marillac

Mike Repole Rips SJU and Administration to Pieces
« on: April 17, 2019, 05:49:41 PM »
That was one of the greatest interviews I’ve ever heard. His mind and heart are in the same place as many of us. This was a long time coming.

Re: Mike Repole Rips SJU and Administration to Pieces
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 05:51:08 PM »
An absolute tear down of the Administration, the Board, and the mickey mouse operation that has been taken place.

Repole was on with Mike Francesa: https://omny.fm/shows/mike-francesa/mike-francesa-with-mike-repole

SJUFAN

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 05:51:53 PM »
That was one of the greatest interviews I’ve ever heard. His mind and heart are in the same place as many of us. This was a long time coming.

It was a great interview. Can’t help but to think we are F**ed

SJUFAN

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2019, 05:55:50 PM »
I really think it boils down to them not wanting to spend the money necessary on the program. I didn’t think that would be the case. Why does it take Cragg to refurbish the locker rooms? You couldn’t spend 100k on that years ago? We are a disgrace.

Marillac

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2019, 05:58:52 PM »

The timing of the interview and his overall tone lead me to believe that this was a man begging to let him save the program.

Oliva and the Gimp have just been handcuffed.

goredmen

« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2019, 05:59:26 PM »
Repole is a smart and passionate dude. Have to think there was more calculation behind this thanj just "I'm pissed and I'm gonna let loose." He has to think this is gonna resonate with Bobby G and Oliva so that Cragg take complete control, which gives Repole more of a voice.

I did find something very interesting towards the end of the interview. Repole said "Or somebody with more experience" when talking about potentially hiring Cluess. Sounded to me like Repole had a name on mind but wasn't gonna share it. I could be way off on that though.

We'll see how it shakes out. Repole is the only beacon of light in this dark dark state of affairs.

SJUFAN

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2019, 06:08:53 PM »
The timing of the interview and his overall tone lead me to believe that this was a man begging to let him save the program.

Oliva and the Gimp have just been handcuffed.

Sounded like he believes in Cragg but he’s not going to stick around with this nonsense, why would anyone want to come here? This is a sad state of affairs.

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2019, 06:14:38 PM »

and then some!

redslope

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2019, 06:18:21 PM »
Repole said what everyone else has been saying on line or thinking.  Like us he is a passionate alumnus.  Thanks Mike for speaking for us and saying what MUST BE SAID.  A breath of fresh air.

Marillac

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2019, 06:22:35 PM »
The Gimp and his sidekick need to be run out of town. Where else in country could two bigger dummies run the hiring of a position in a field they have no knowledge of?

Thos mom and pop bs has held us back for too long. Let’s put some pressure on them.

Foad

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2019, 06:27:10 PM »
Where else in country could two bigger dummies run the hiring of a position in a field they have no knowledge of?

Obama and Biden ran the executive branch for eight years.

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2019, 06:54:28 PM »
Wonder if the the administration doesn't want basketball bigger than the school itself. If I was Repole,  tell the administration, whatever I give to athletics, I will match that $ with whatever the administration chooses to do with it..

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2019, 07:03:28 PM »
Program is at rock bottom. Time to clean house

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2019, 07:30:32 PM »
Wonder if the the administration doesn't want basketball bigger than the school itself. If I was Repole,  tell the administration, whatever I give to athletics, I will match that $ with whatever the administration chooses to do with it..

He spoke a lot about how the school itself is in bad shape. I'm not sure how true that is, I stay in touch with a few professors from my time there and they all say how much better Gempeshaw is than Harrington. Which may not be saying much, I understand.

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2019, 07:32:49 PM »
He spoke a lot about how the school itself is in bad shape. I'm not sure how true that is, I stay in touch with a few professors from my time there and they all say how much better Gempeshaw is than Harrington. Which may not be saying much, I understand.

School is fine as a tier 3. To improve the rankings, you need to spend money on research and publications, hire appropriate staff...

Same goes with athletics.

« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2019, 07:43:37 PM »
I can't help but be upset and ashamed. It's a really sad state of affairs and the worst time as an SJU fan I can remember. The fact that it's snowballed into SJU being a national embarrassment is what's so upsetting.

Repole is flat out saying he will help, academically and financially and he's being told no? What kind of ass backwards thinking is that? Why does Oliva, Gempesaw and the board think they don't need help, from an educated billionaire alumnus?

Embarrassing.

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2019, 07:44:18 PM »
All St Johns has is basketball.  Im not understanding why they wont spend on their golden goose.  It makes no sense.

SJUFAN

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2019, 07:52:24 PM »
All St Johns has is basketball.  Im not understanding why they wont spend on their golden goose.  It makes no sense.

Maybe they subscribe to the notion that athletics shouldn’t have more money budgeted to them than Science. Or the coaches shouldn’t make more than the president? I don’t know just saying, it doesn’t make sense.

Johnny23

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2019, 08:03:55 PM »
Like I said this hiring process would tell us just how serious the senior leadership at SJU was about the bball program. They've made it abundantly clear it is not a priority. Small time leadership from Gempesaw and Oliva. They need to get out of the way and let Cragg do what he was hired to do.

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2019, 08:17:59 PM »
Can Repole but St. John's University please!