Rants and Thoughts

• 29 replies

redslope

Re: Rants and Thoughts
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2019, 07:58:52 PM »
Dave--thanks for opening a B&M ("bitchin" and "moanin") thread.  I was getting tired of opening every thread and reading the same old ****.

As to Chris, I never felt he really wanted to coach (even my wife commented on his manner of being in a place where he was uncomfortable).  The powers that be needed someone to offset the Lavin firing, and used Chris as a shield.  Chris was a truly great player but he was never a coach and never should have accepted.  Playing the game is not the same as being a successful coach.  How many HOF players, are successful coaches?
It was a wonderful story of the conquering hero returning to save the day but alas the Mighty Casey struck out.

SJUFAN

« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2019, 08:24:25 PM »
I'm not sure how you qualify this as "bashing" by merely pointing out that the two players signed are not impact players in the Big East.

Are you saying they can’t defend? Create steals/rebound the ball?

« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2019, 08:37:23 PM »
Any word on what's going on with Thornton? He hasn't committed to Gonzaga yet which is a good sign. We need a vet pg, even a guy who played 3-4 years in a shitty conference but was solid. We cannot have a freshman logging 30 min at that position.

wpc77

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2019, 09:01:00 PM »
Any word on what's going on with Thornton? He hasn't committed to Gonzaga yet which is a good sign. We need a vet pg, even a guy who played 3-4 years in a shitty conference but was solid. We cannot have a freshman logging 30 min at that position.

Hes visiting Zaga 28th-30th

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2019, 10:59:21 PM »
Oh ok thank you, for some reason I thought it happened already.

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2019, 12:37:45 AM »
Dave--thanks for opening a B&M ("bitchin" and "moanin") thread.  I was getting tired of opening every thread and reading the same old ****.

As to Chris, I never felt he really wanted to coach (even my wife commented on his manner of being in a place where he was uncomfortable).  The powers that be needed someone to offset the Lavin firing, and used Chris as a shield.  Chris was a truly great player but he was never a coach and never should have accepted.  Playing the game is not the same as being a successful coach.  How many HOF players, are successful coaches?
It was a wonderful story of the conquering hero returning to save the day but alas the Mighty Casey struck out.

He did want to coach here though. Did you hear the Repole interview on Francesa? Mullin had dinner with Repole and said get me the job here.

« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2019, 09:50:15 AM »
To be honest, I think within the next couple years Anderson will get some 4s and be in play for 5s for us. He should have been higher on the list, we got lucky. While I am not the biggest fan of the small PG recruit, he really did not have much time to work with. School put him in tough position.

With the returning team, he is going to win us alot of games. I think Heron has huge season and LJ is even better. The wins will get us in talks with some better recruits again. This guy seems willing to work and working at those AAU connects and showcases that will balance us out to go along with JUCO/transfers.

I think this season, 21 wins and NCAA is realistic. Second season will drop a bit to reload the talent but he will get the talent, but it will just be young. Second season will be NIT, but if its done right he would have established a solid foundation for us to be a more consistent and winning program again.

TONYD3

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2019, 10:59:54 AM »
To be honest, I think within the next couple years Anderson will get some 4s and be in play for 5s for us. He should have been higher on the list, we got lucky. While I am not the biggest fan of the small PG recruit, he really did not have much time to work with. School put him in tough position.

With the returning team, he is going to win us alot of games. I think Heron has huge season and LJ is even better. The wins will get us in talks with some better recruits again. This guy seems willing to work and working at those AAU connects and showcases that will balance us out to go along with JUCO/transfers.

I think this season, 21 wins and NCAA is realistic. Second season will drop a bit to reload the talent but he will get the talent, but it will just be young. Second season will be NIT, but if its done right he would have established a solid foundation for us to be a more consistent and winning program again.
Agree. I think Herron is first team all big east. If we can get decent PG play, we can definitely surprise some teams

« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2019, 12:40:22 AM »
Six in 13 actually, but who's counting.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/coaches/mike-anderson-1.html
He's not one to let the truth get in the way of his narrative.

« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2019, 12:45:51 AM »
No, the Mighty Casey was pinch hit for on a full count.