Remaining 2 Ships

• 106 replies
Re: Remaining 2 Ships
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2019, 09:27:10 AM »
There is a difference between being a Norm level recruiter and achieving Norm level results that I don’t expect you to grasp.

This is shaping up to be the worst class we’ve had in almost 20 years and we change coaches pretty often.
I find it hilarious that you spent an entire day complaining about Coach Anderson's recruiting while arguably the top player in the 2021 class was on an unofficial visit.

Foad

« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2019, 10:48:36 AM »
Interesting stats. Out of the 13 that Anderson lost how many would anyone guess went to better programs ? I'd say 2 or 3 as my guesstimate.

Three went to mid majors. The rest moved up or sideways depending on your perspective.

Hunter Mickleon: Kansas
Rontei Clarke: Butler
Darious Hall: Depaul
Nick Babb: Iowa State
Devonta Abron: TCU
Jimmy Whitt: SMU
Lorenzo Jenkins: Colorado State
Jacorey Williams: Middle Tenn State (2017 CUSA POY)
CJ Jones: Middle Tennessee St

Brachen Hazen: Ball St
Julysses Nobles: Jackson St
Glenn Bryant: Eastern Michigan

Foad

« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2019, 10:53:08 AM »
Do you have any of them french fried potaters? I like them French fried potaters, mmm mmm. 

« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2019, 11:32:15 AM »
Three went to mid majors. The rest moved up or sideways depending on your perspective.

Hunter Mickleon: Kansas
Rontei Clarke: Butler
Darious Hall: Depaul
Nick Babb: Iowa State
Devonta Abron: TCU
Jimmy Whitt: SMU
Lorenzo Jenkins: Colorado State
Jacorey Williams: Middle Tenn State (2017 CUSA POY)
CJ Jones: Middle Tennessee St

Brachen Hazen: Ball St
Julysses Nobles: Jackson St
Glenn Bryant: Eastern
Coach A didnt recruit or care to keep 5 of these players..... jacorey Williams was kicked off the team and almost went to prison...Jimmy whitt was decent but he wasn't gonna play over Jaylen barford or Daryl Macon ... Darius hall has potential but he's a little out of control on and off the court.... the rest of these guys would barely average 12ppg with all there averages combined....
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 12:02:54 PM by jumpinjohnny »

SJUFAN

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2019, 11:49:02 AM »
I find it hilarious that you spent an entire day complaining about Coach Anderson's recruiting while arguably the top player in the 2021 class was on an unofficial visit.

While at Arkansas CMA landed many 4*/top 100 kids. Including top 20 5* rated Portis. Why people are judging his recruiting off his first 2 months opposed to his track record is surprising to me.

LoganK

« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2019, 12:15:07 PM »
Why people are judging his recruiting off his first 2 months opposed to his track record is surprising to me.
Is it really, though?
Surprising, that is...

Foad

« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2019, 12:23:01 PM »
Coach A didnt recruit or care to keep 5 of these players..... jacorey Williams was kicked off the team and almost went to prison...Jimmy whitt was decent but he wasn't gonna play over Jaylen barford or Daryl Macon ... Darius hall has potential but he's a little out of control on and off the court.... the rest of these guys would barely average 12ppg with all there averages combined....

Way to completely miss the point.

« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2019, 02:15:26 PM »
Way to completely miss the point.

No I understand exactly where your coming....from your butthurt about your old coach and your reaching for excuses to not like coach A...

Marillac

« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2019, 02:23:07 PM »

Is it really hilarious that an 18 year old sophomore who will never play a minute in college was on camous?

Norm had Kyle Anderson and Lance Stephenson on campus and was a finalist in their top 3. What came of that?

« Reply #49 on: June 11, 2019, 02:23:12 PM »
I loved Jimmy Whitt in HS. Dude was smooth scorer.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

Marillac

« Reply #50 on: June 11, 2019, 02:28:13 PM »
While at Arkansas CMA landed many 4*/top 100 kids. Including top 20 5* rated Portis. Why people are judging his recruiting off his first 2 months opposed to his track record is surprising to me.

Because we have more coaches to compare him to inthat time span that any other school in the country. We are “Fire U.”

He is not fairing well in comparison. I have been as complimentary as possible to his coaching ability and philosophy, but it’s all or nothing with our fans. 100 mph ahead with support now and 100 mph with wanting him fired in four years becoe he didn’t recruit well enough, 20-22 wins wasn’t enough, or become he suposedly made some coach or recruit feel slighted.

Foad

« Reply #51 on: June 11, 2019, 02:38:23 PM »

No I understand exactly where your coming....from your butthurt about your old coach and your reaching for excuses to not like coach A...

No Jethro. nice person number 1 said that roster churn was a made up construct used to defend Mullin's poor roster management - he claimed that 4 or 5 players left a year -  and that he was happy to have a staff devoted to player continuity. Whereas in fact only half a dozen players transferred under Mulllin, half as many that transferred under Coach third choice while he was at Arkansas, albeit in twice as many years. CTC described the situation as a "revolving door." All that went whooshing over your coonskin cap and instead you explained why the players transferred, which is completely irrelevant to the discussion my good friend sling blade and I were having.

FTR I'm agnostic about whether Coach third choice will succeed at SJU. If history is any indication he will not, as Jamaica is where coaching careers come to die. But otoh the bar is set so low that if he makes the tournament three times in eight years - which speaking of butt hurt so endeared him to you that you joined this important interwebs forum to defend him from all comers - they'll name the gym bob after him.

« Reply #52 on: June 11, 2019, 03:53:52 PM »
Is it really hilarious that an 18 year old sophomore who will never play a minute in college was on camous?

Norm had Kyle Anderson and Lance Stephenson on campus and was a finalist in their top 3. What came of that?
He's only 18? Gee I thought he was 29.

« Reply #53 on: June 11, 2019, 04:11:14 PM »
He's only 18? Gee I thought he was 29.

Clarke is actually 17 (will turn 18 in September).  He's a year behind his regular class, and could potentially make his way into the 2020 class.  Ya never know about these things.

« Reply #54 on: June 11, 2019, 04:18:37 PM »
Clarke is actually 17 (will turn 18 in September).  He's a year behind his regular class, and could potentially make his way into the 2020 class.  Ya never know about these things.
There's already reclass rumors swirling of him moving to 2020.  Leave it to Marillac to try to spin his visit as not a positive thing.

Marillac

« Reply #55 on: June 11, 2019, 04:26:41 PM »

Stop the presses! Clarke is not 18 he ONLY turns 18 in 2 1/2 months. Thanks for that.

« Reply #56 on: June 11, 2019, 04:29:14 PM »
Stop the presses! Clarke is not 18 he ONLY turns 18 in 2 1/2 months. Thanks for that.

No problem, narcissistic one.  Go play your BS games with someone else.   
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 04:30:44 PM by mjdinkins »

« Reply #57 on: June 11, 2019, 04:49:22 PM »
This was clearly Mullin’s mindset, and it’s why he deserved to be fired.

Earlington was a freshman last year and he barely played. How do we know what he will or will not become now? Freshman should be given the chance to come back to school in the fall after having spend the summer working on their game. Especially Earlington, who absolutely looks like he belongs in the BE.
He certainly didn’t show a shooting touch, but late in the year, with the limited opportunity he received, he showed a willingness to bang down low and showed some poise when he received the ball down low. Not saying he will be a star. But, as you say, you never know what happens between freshman and sophomore year.

Marillac

« Reply #58 on: June 11, 2019, 05:24:57 PM »
No problem, narcissistic one.  Go play your BS games with someone else.   

Or what? Are you going to post a photo of my mailbox?

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2019, 05:29:44 PM »
No Jethro. nice person number 1 said that roster churn was a made up construct used to defend Mullin's poor roster management - he claimed that 4 or 5 players left a year -  and that he was happy to have a staff devoted to player continuity. Whereas in fact only half a dozen players transferred under Mulllin, half as many that transferred under Coach third choice while he was at Arkansas, albeit in twice as many years. CTC described the situation as a "revolving door." All that went whooshing over your coonskin cap and instead you explained why the players transferred, which is completely irrelevant to the discussion my good friend sling blade and I were having.

FTR I'm agnostic about whether Coach third choice will succeed at SJU. If history is any indication he will not, as Jamaica is where coaching careers come to die. But otoh the bar is set so low that if he makes the tournament three times in eight years - which speaking of butt hurt so endeared him to you that you joined this important interwebs forum to defend him from all comers - they'll name the gym bob after him.

Yep she's  butthurt...Did u cry while typing all those insults? In the last 5 years coach A has missed the tournament twice one of those years he had 7 scholarship players because a few kids wanted to see what jail was like and the other he had 9 freshman and even in those years we were knocking on the door... and I dont defend coach against all comers I just tell the truth and callout BS every now and then...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 06:22:51 PM by jumpinjohnny »