Nick Rutherford

• 120 replies

SJUFAN

Re: Nick Rutherford
« Reply #100 on: June 21, 2019, 05:07:05 PM »
To bring this back on topic I like the Rutherford signing. An experienced, tough, defensive minded point guard. We are building through defense. These players may struggle offensively, but where we will see them contribute more is on the defensive side of the ball.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 06:21:16 PM by SJUFAN »

Poison

« Reply #101 on: June 21, 2019, 07:00:35 PM »
To bring this back on topic I like the Rutherford signing. An experienced, tough, defensive minded point guard. We are building through defense. These players may struggle offensively, but where we will see them contribute more is on the defensive side of the ball.

That sounds great. I’d sign up for that in a second.

I have no idea if that’s who Rutherford is. Have you followed him? Seen him play? His stats are pretty terrible. That usually means his basketball is pretty terrible, too. I’m curious to know what coach sees here.

« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2019, 01:22:27 PM »
If Dixon taught us anything it is that stats/performance in the MAAC mean next to nothing jumping up so many levels.

On one hand I am relieved to not enter the season with just a 3* true freshman at point...on the other I am just taken aback that we couldn’t land a better transfer.

If we are going to be adding backups they should be coming from power conferences. This is really shocking.

It looks like LJ or Williams will have to step up and man point for this team to reach its potential.
This is “Shocking”?... are u really this f’n stupid. He is a band-aid here for one year u nice person.

Marillac

« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2019, 03:48:10 PM »
This is “Shocking”?... are u really this f’n stupid. He is a band-aid here for one year u nice person.

Our band-aids don’t have to be backups from Monmouth, Einstein. Grand effing Canyon just landed Jaylen Fisher—who was ranked as the #32 recruit by ESPN four years ago.

This was a historically bad recruiting haul during the best grad transfer market of all-time. There is no way to spin this. The Arkansas guys said he would underhwelm recruiting and he did. He doesn’t have the benefit of getting 2/3 of of the best on-state players by default anymore either.

« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2019, 09:41:15 AM »
Our band-aids don’t have to be backups from Monmouth, Einstein. Grand effing Canyon just landed Jaylen Fisher—who was ranked as the #32 recruit by ESPN four years ago.

This was a historically bad recruiting haul during the best grad transfer market of all-time. There is no way to spin this. The Arkansas guys said he would underhwelm recruiting and he did. He doesn’t have the benefit of getting 2/3 of of the best on-state players by default anymore either.
U can’t possibly be this f’n stupid. After what that lazy pos Mullin pulled here & that fiasco of a coaching search it’s a miracle Anderson got ANYONE to come here u nice person. It’s going to take a year to shake the STENCH that Mullin left behind. But once we start winning all that left over garbage is forgotten. And I can GUARANTEE u this staff will out recruit the worlds LAZIEST coaching staff I have ever seen & thank God they are ALL gone. Get back to me this time next year bozo & be prepared to eat a nice giant bowl of crow.. ;D
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 09:42:50 AM by Mullin77 »

Ez_Uzi

« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2019, 10:57:44 AM »
U can’t possibly be this f’n stupid. After what that lazy pos Mullin pulled here & that fiasco of a coaching search it’s a miracle Anderson got ANYONE to come here u nice person. It’s going to take a year to shake the STENCH that Mullin left behind. But once we start winning all that left over garbage is forgotten. And I can GUARANTEE u this staff will out recruit the worlds LAZIEST coaching staff I have ever seen & thank God they are ALL gone. Get back to me this time next year bozo & be prepared to eat a nice giant bowl of crow.. ;D

It appears that Mullin77 does not like the real Mullin ;) ...

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2019, 02:54:42 PM »
We should have a Johnny jungle inaugural get together at the beginning of the season. It would certainly be interesting to watch the rivalries in this website play out in person.

pmg911

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2019, 03:01:16 PM »

OLD RED   SCOTCH     - he is back and ready for action...

Marillac - you are a CLowN

pmg911

« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2019, 03:03:29 PM »

Dave - how did Old Red get around your "no multiple handle" rules.?

« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2019, 01:34:08 AM »
It appears that Mullin77 does not like the real Mullin ;) ...
Best player in SJU history... unfortunately maybe the WORST coach as well... definitely the LAZIEST though.

« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2019, 02:33:51 AM »
Best player in SJU history... unfortunately maybe the WORST coach as well... definitely the LAZIEST though.
Mullin went 1 for 4. Norm was 0 for 6. Based on what permutation of new math could he maybe the WORST coach.

Marillac

« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2019, 04:13:07 AM »
We should have a Johnny jungle inaugural get together at the beginning of the season. It would certainly be interesting to watch the rivalries in this website play out in person.

I don’t want any part of Old Red in person. I could see him showing up with two ferocious trannies in tow. I’d rather take my chances locked in a room with a grizzly bear.

pmg911

« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2019, 01:20:23 PM »
I don’t want any part of Old Red in person. I could see him showing up with two ferocious trannies in tow. I’d rather take my chances locked in a room with a grizzly bear.

He used threaten me that he would meet me at games and beat me up with his brother...

Poison

« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2019, 02:03:49 PM »
Back to Nick Rutherford, what is it that coach sees here?

« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2019, 03:06:09 PM »
Dave - how did Old Red get around your "no multiple handle" rules.?

Not sure. He's back on the ban list.
Follow Johnny Jungle on Twitter at @Johnny_Jungle

pmg911

« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2019, 03:30:25 PM »

We had a get together years ago and it was actually a lot of fun and had a good turn out.

I have major doubts that people would be so brave with their words in person as they are sitting  at home..

Foad

« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2019, 03:31:29 PM »
Back to Nick Rutherford, what is it that coach sees here?

He's seeing stars. Two of them.

Foad

« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2019, 03:35:26 PM »
We had a get together years ago and it was actually a lot of fun and had a good turn out.

I have major doubts that people would be so brave with their words in person as they are sitting  at home..

Happy to host. I've cleared my schedule for Thursday the 25th. Full bar, bring your own mixers and snacks.Directions:

Get on the Garden Freeway,
When you come up to visit me.
You'll see a great big shopping center,
With a brand new A. P.
Turn left at Kosciusko,
Continue to the third stop light.
Then turn around and drive right back
Because I won't be home tonight.

Poison

« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2019, 03:38:13 PM »
He's seeing stars. Two of them.

True, but this kid has been in college for a long time, and even two star players can be contributors as seniors. It’s not such a reach that this kid helps us.

Foad

« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2019, 04:14:34 PM »
True, but this kid has been in college for a long time, and even two star players can be contributors as seniors. It’s not such a reach that this kid helps us.

Well I hope he does. But you have a much better memory than I do, me having suffered alcoholic injury to the brain. Has there ever been a 2-star recruit that came in late in life and contributed? Alpha Bangura? Tom Phil Waits? John Hempel? The great Paul Berwanger? I remember more higher rated recruits who came back (Curtis Redding) and did nothing. Lamont "you dummy" Middleton and Mitch "bananas" Foster might qualify. I don't remember how they were regarded. Is there anyone else?