UCONN TO THE BIG EAST

• 168 replies

goredmen

Re: UCONN TO THE BIG EAST
« Reply #120 on: June 29, 2019, 05:21:16 PM »
You should really abstain from any intelligence insults. You’ve already admitted that you don’t write well, and you’ve proven to be an adorable dope time and time again.

Don't forget about the time he literally couldn't count to 4

Marillac

« Reply #121 on: June 29, 2019, 06:34:51 PM »
Don't forget about the time he literally couldn't count to 4

Lol

That was an all-time great moment for this site. SJUFan thinks he’s royalty and Poison thinks he’s an elitist. Good times.

Poison

« Reply #122 on: June 29, 2019, 08:54:09 PM »
Lol

That was an all-time great moment for this site. SJUFan thinks he’s royalty and Poison thinks he’s an elitist. Good times.

You live in Florida.

Dan

« Reply #123 on: June 29, 2019, 11:26:17 PM »

SJUFAN

« Reply #124 on: June 29, 2019, 11:46:46 PM »
Lol

Are you using the DNA results of ancient Egyptians or of the pharaohs?

“In December 2012, DNA tests were conducted on the mummies of Pharaoh Rameses III and his son, which proved that they belonged to human Y chromosome group E1b1a. This is the Y chromosome group of Sub Saharan Africans who speak Niger–Congo languages.”

You were saying?

cjfish

« Reply #125 on: June 30, 2019, 10:25:18 AM »

I commented on LBJ, perhaps you missed it in your befuddlement over the quote button

I don't think learning things stuff is a waste of time although clearly you do and I don't think knowing what I'm talking about is a bad thing, which clearly you don't.

55 years ago this month, after a two month Democrat filibuster ("We will resist to the bitter end any measure or any movement which would have a tendency to bring about social equality and intermingling and amalgamation of the races") the Civil Rights Act of 1964 passed the House of Representatives: 80 percent of republicans voted for it and 40 percent of democrats voted against it. In the Senate 80 percent of republicans voted for it and 30 percent of democrats voted against it. Those are facts dummy. What you meant to say is that there's no quantum of evidence that will diminish your over-weening sense of satisfaction with your self-proclaimed moral superiority.

your only comment on LBJ was the crude language comment.  Considering LBJ was crude to all there is not point to your quote.  It was LBJs dealmaking and legislative ability which got the act passed.  Only an insecure individual calls everyone he disagrees with dummies, uneducated and stupid.  Get off the couch, Join a gym and get another outlet for your mind and body.   And, believe it or not, you are sometimes wrong.  I have been learning my whole life but Ill never waste time researching points to argue with you, I have other intellectual interests and, given your personality, it's like talking to the wall. By the way, like your blog, keep it up.

Marillac

« Reply #126 on: June 30, 2019, 02:01:03 PM »

“In December 2012, DNA tests were conducted on the mummies of Pharaoh Rameses III and his son, which proved that they belonged to human Y chromosome group E1b1a. This is the Y chromosome group of Sub Saharan Africans who speak Niger–Congo languages.”

You were saying?

Lololol

Humans weren’t capable of such DNA evidence in 2012. This is actually just sad. The continent of Africa had such a staggering lack of technology and complex language that they were TRAMPLED by any other group that wanted to for centuries yet you need to cling to this impossible idea that your forefathers built pyramids in the one spot on the continent that had the most interaction with Europeans, Middle Eastern people, and Asians? I come from slaves and peasants...I don’t need to make up some elaborate backstory to feel better about myself. Hell, 1/20 people alive today are directly descended from Genghis Khan and he is one of the most prolific rulers if all time.

From June 2017 and from the most prestigious DNA lab in the world, Max Planck Institite:  “Previous DNA analysis of mummies has been treated with a necessary dose of skepticism, explains professor Johannes Krause of the Max Planck Institute. When you touch a bone, you probably leave more DNA on the bone than is inside (it)," he argued. "Contamination is a big issue. ... Only in the last five or six years has it become possible to actually study DNA from ancient humans, because we can now show whether DNA is ancient or not by (its) chemical properties." It goes on, “this is the first reliable data set obtained from ancient Egyptians."

Analyzing samples spanning over a millennium, researchers looked for genetic differences compared with Egyptians today. They found that the sample set showed a strong connection with a cluster of ancient non-African populations based east of the Mediterranean Sea.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/index.html

That,my friend, is checkmate.

To think that SuubSaharan Africans built the Pyramids in thr most contacted region of the continent (where all modern whites/Asians/Middle Easterners left from) when they built nothing else of note or made any major technological breakthroughs south in 200,000 years is just asinine. But if you need that, take it.

Marillac

« Reply #127 on: June 30, 2019, 02:11:18 PM »

You were saying?

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-tutankhamun-dna/half-of-european-men-share-king-tuts-dna-idUSTRE7704PB20110801

And I’m also skeptical of this DNA study coming out around the same time as your bs analysis that states all Werstern Europeans share ancestry with King Tut. Although it is a hell of a lot more likely given that Scotish and Irish mythology are so closely linked to ancient Egypt and Scotland even gets its name from the daughter of an Egyptian Pharaoh.

Foad

« Reply #128 on: June 30, 2019, 02:27:28 PM »
D'Souza is a criminal and that's an opinion piece.

And Wikipedia is a left wing propaganda cite crowd sourced through the efforts of a herd of autistic SJWs who live in their parents basements. What's your point?

Anyway, was Nixon's southern strategy anything like this? Or was it a little more subtle, you know, dog whistles and the like.

Foad

« Reply #129 on: June 30, 2019, 02:44:15 PM »
And, believe it or not, you are sometimes wrong.

I'm sometimes wrong - although not too often because I don't have an opinion on everything and on those things that I do I'm well-informed because I <gasp> look things up on the internets before spouting off about them - and when I am wrong I'm happy to admit it. What I'm not wrong about in this case is that the democrat party was formed to protect the institution of slavery, that the democrat party opposed reconstruction, that democrats founded the KKK and made common cause with it for 100 years, that Wilson re-segregated the government, that FDR appointed a KKK member to the Scotus, that Harry Truman was a KKK member, that the civil rights act was filibustered by democrats including Robert Byrd, the "conscience of the senate" and a former KKK Grand Kleagle who was so comfotably racist that he casually dropped an N bomb on national television and that the CRA was passed by republicans in the face of heavy democrat opposition. You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Those are facts.

SJUFAN

« Reply #130 on: June 30, 2019, 04:07:37 PM »
Lololol

Humans weren’t capable of such DNA evidence in 2012. This is actually just sad. The continent of Africa had such a staggering lack of technology and complex language that they were TRAMPLED by any other group that wanted to for centuries yet you need to cling to this impossible idea that your forefathers built pyramids in the one spot on the continent that had the most interaction with Europeans, Middle Eastern people, and Asians? I come from slaves and peasants...I don’t need to make up some elaborate backstory to feel better about myself. Hell, 1/20 people alive today are directly descended from Genghis Khan and he is one of the most prolific rulers if all time.

From June 2017 and from the most prestigious DNA lab in the world, Max Planck Institite:  “Previous DNA analysis of mummies has been treated with a necessary dose of skepticism, explains professor Johannes Krause of the Max Planck Institute. When you touch a bone, you probably leave more DNA on the bone than is inside (it)," he argued. "Contamination is a big issue. ... Only in the last five or six years has it become possible to actually study DNA from ancient humans, because we can now show whether DNA is ancient or not by (its) chemical properties." It goes on, “this is the first reliable data set obtained from ancient Egyptians."

Analyzing samples spanning over a millennium, researchers looked for genetic differences compared with Egyptians today. They found that the sample set showed a strong connection with a cluster of ancient non-African populations based east of the Mediterranean Sea.“

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/06/22/health/ancient-egypt-mummy-dna-genome-heritage/index.html

That,my friend, is checkmate.

To think that SuubSaharan Africans built the Pyramids in thr most contacted region of the continent (where all modern whites/Asians/Middle Easterners left from) when they built nothing else of note or made any major technological breakthroughs south in 200,000 years is just asinine. But if you need that, take it.

“Humans weren’t capable of such DNA evidence in 2012.” Yet according to your own source in 2017 (the most prestigious DNA lab in the world) “only in the last 5-6 years has it become possible to actually study DNA from ancient humans”. So let’s see...that would put us at 2011-2012?

You can’t do simple math yet your trying to convince us that you have a firm understanding of DNA/genetic literature? I’ll pass. Nice try though.

SJUFAN

« Reply #131 on: June 30, 2019, 04:22:28 PM »
https://www.reuters.com/article/us-britain-tutankhamun-dna/half-of-european-men-share-king-tuts-dna-idUSTRE7704PB20110801

And I’m also skeptical of this DNA study coming out around the same time as your bs analysis that states all Werstern Europeans share ancestry with King Tut. Although it is a hell of a lot more likely given that Scotish and Irish mythology are so closely linked to ancient Egypt and Scotland even gets its name from the daughter of an Egyptian Pharaoh.

I never said sub-Saharans built the pyramids. I said my ancestors were kings. None of your DNA evidence disproves that statement. The ancient Egyptians were a mixed “race”. Your point that they have Turkish and European DNA does not mean they don’t have sub-Saharan DNA. It’s about association. My forefathers were kings, not just slaves.

News flash, and put away the sharp objects, we are all related genetically. People are different. The Egyptians were a different people than West Africans, but they share a common genetic trait. As a previous poster mentioned, the concept of race is a social construct. It is the bases of racism.

Marillac

« Reply #132 on: June 30, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »
“Humans weren’t capable of such DNA evidence in 2012.” Yet according to your own source in 2017 (the most prestigious DNA lab in the world) “only in the last 5-6 years has it become possible to actually study DNA from ancient humans”. So let’s see...that would put us at 2011-2012?

You can’t do simple math yet your trying to convince us that you have a firm understanding of DNA/genetic literature? I’ll pass. Nice try though.

This is tragic. First, you are clinging to an “analysis” done by a COMMERCIAL ancesterial DNA company who makes money off of making people like you feel good about being linked to notable historical figures and not a reputable lab. Second, the same analysis you cling to says Ramesses III has some Eastern African DNA and was mixed race. Third, Ramesses II had natural RED hair. Fourth, Ramesses III died in 1155 BC, which is thousands of years after the pyramids were built and around the time sub-Saharan African DNA started to make its way into what we see in modern day Egyptians.

Finally, you missed the part where the director of the Max Planck Institute said the 2017 study was the FIRST reliable study of ancient Egyptian DNA.

I apologize if any of this upsets you, my Lord. My fealty is your’s. All hail the king.

SJUFAN

« Reply #133 on: June 30, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »
This is tragic. First, you are clinging to an “analysis” done by a COMMERCIAL ancesterial DNA company who makes money off of making people like you feel good about being linked to notable historical figures and not a reputable lab. Second, the same analysis you cling to says Ramesses III has some Eastern African DNA and was mixed race. Third, Ramesses II had natural RED hair. Fourth, Ramesses III died in 1155 BC, which is thousands of years after the pyramids were built and around the time sub-Saharan African DNA started to make its way into what we see in modern day Egyptians.

Finally, you missed the part where the director of the Max Planck Institute said the 2017 study was the FIRST reliable study of ancient Egyptian DNA.

I apologize if any of this upsets you, my Lord. My fealty is your’s. All hail the king.

Lol so your counter to the DNA make up of a pharaoh is “he had red hair”. Let me ask you this...when your selecting literature to read, do they come with pop up art or coloring sections? I’ll keep it simple because your clearly confused.

Where does it say there are no traces of sub Saharan DNA found in Ancient Egyptians/Pharaohs?

cjfish

« Reply #134 on: June 30, 2019, 05:12:54 PM »

I'm sometimes wrong - although not too often because I don't have an opinion on everything and on those things that I do I'm well-informed because I <gasp> look things up on the internets before spouting off about them - and when I am wrong I'm happy to admit it. What I'm not wrong about in this case is that the democrat party was formed to protect the institution of slavery, that the democrat party opposed reconstruction, that democrats founded the KKK and made common cause with it for 100 years, that Wilson re-segregated the government, that FDR appointed a KKK member to the Scotus, that Harry Truman was a KKK member, that the civil rights act was filibustered by democrats including Robert Byrd, the "conscience of the senate" and a former KKK Grand Kleagle who was so comfotably racist that he casually dropped an N bomb on national television and that the CRA was passed by republicans in the face of heavy democrat opposition. You're entitled to your own opinion, but not your own facts. Those are facts.

i actually agree with your facts as stated but not your interpretaion of them.  Since FDR the Mainstream Democrats were the party of racial harmony and progress.  Your reference to democrats in the 60s who voted against Civilrights Legislation  is correct but they were Dixiecrats whose time, due to the changing times, would shortly come to an end.  LBJs legislative skill brought a consenus of those not native to the old south to get it through.  And you are right about about the 19th century Democratic party but, I think you might agree, that the party of Lincoln has gone astray in this regard.  And I dont need to look up common history data on the internet because I have read History for all my 70 years and admit to using the internet to look up the odd fact Im unfamiliar with.  But nothing gives me greater pleasure than oldschool reading of a Gibbon, Tacitus or Suetonius.           

cjfish

« Reply #135 on: June 30, 2019, 05:17:40 PM »
And Wikipedia is a left wing propaganda cite crowd sourced through the efforts of a herd of autistic SJWs who live in their parents basements. What's your point?

Anyway, was Nixon's southern strategy anything like this? Or was it a little more subtle, you know, dog whistles and the like.

Nice, further proof that politicians of any stripe will do anything for a vote (like Truman in his younger days although Im too lazy and disinterested to verify the Truman bit but I trust your research skills.)

Foad

« Reply #136 on: June 30, 2019, 07:03:52 PM »
LBJs legislative skill brought a consenus of those not native to the old south to get it through.

Let's find common ground. The effect of what LBJ did in furthering JFK's legacy regarding the advancement of civil rights for minorities in the US furthered the common good to an indescribable degree. I don't know that it was de facto virtuous: I find horribly cynical the idea that minorities - and specifically black americans - cannot advance themselves without the help of white americans. But to the extent that the CRA codified things that should be self evident - that all men are created equal - kudos to LBJ for his role in advancing that notion. And that he was less charitable to other minority peoples - the yellow ones for example in Vietnam, millions of which he was responsible for murdering, we'll leave that for another day in the interest of comity.

nothing gives me greater pleasure than oldschool reading of a Gibbon, Tacitus or Suetonius.

In anticipation of my rapidly approaching death I've been bucket list reading the alleged classics that no one has ever read. Darwin eg: garbage. Finnegans Wake: incomprehensible garbage. Proust: boring incomprehensible garbage. Gibbon is the worst of the lot: that anyone spent 30 years rendering what was perhaps the most fascinating epoch in history into that sort of turgid leaden prose amplifies and confirms my complete contempt for human intelligence. I'd rather read Barbara Tuchman, and she's a broad, nearly.

Dan

« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2019, 08:08:32 PM »

"A heard of autistic SJWs who live in their parents basements"

Must be hard to be as miserable as you are.  No need to have the conversation as no one's mind is going to get changed, just going to turn into a shitfest.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 08:08:58 PM by Dan »

Marillac

« Reply #138 on: June 30, 2019, 08:18:42 PM »

Lol so your counter to the DNA make up of a pharaoh is “he had red hair”. Let me ask you this...when your selecting literature to read, do they come with pop up art or coloring sections? I’ll keep it simple because your clearly confused.

Where does it say there are no traces of sub Saharan DNA found in Ancient Egyptians/Pharaohs?

I’m actually well schooled on ancient humans and humanoid species. I’ve been fascinated by it since I was a child and have traveled the world visiting archeological sites and caves.  You are just doing loaded google searches for confirmation bias. I’m trying to dumb this down as much as possible for your, my liege.

Race is not a social construct, but rather a series of evolutionary changes that take place when groups of people (or other flora and fauna) are separated for long periods of time.

Neanderthals and modern humans were separated for so long that they were considered different species by most scholars yet they were still able to interbreed—which is a bone of contention among some in the field who insist the ability to produce viable offspring means they are part of the same species.

All modern day humans besides subsaharan Africans have between 2-5% of Neanderthal in their DNA. Additionally, as I mentioned earlier, other groups of humans in south Asia and south have traces of Denisovan DNA. SubSaharan Africans have genetic admixture from at least one now extinct humanoid species.

SubSaharan Africans were separated from the rest of the races by as much as 130,000 years. That explains the phenotypic differences and IQ scores (I am not Asian or and Ashkenazi Jew so I don’t have a horse in the race on this topic). As a reference, Neanderthals and modern humans were separated for approximately 200,000 years before coming back in contact and eventually interbreeding.  Given another 50,000-100,000 years SubSaharan Africans and other races would have evolved into completely different species incapable of producing viable offspring.

Race gets less clear when you look into the differences beteeen other groups who were in constant contact and among people with mixed genetic for obvious reasons. Isolation is what drives genetic differentiation.

Foad

« Reply #139 on: June 30, 2019, 08:30:31 PM »
just going to turn into a shitfest.