Nike

• 49 replies
Re: Nike
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 01:06:22 PM »
Prior to 1912 there were 46 states, prior to 1959 there were 48 states (obviously the only difference in the flag design from today was the amount of stars). So just so we cover all bases- perhaps out of respect for our Irish ancestry from the mid to late 1800s and Italian ancestry from the early 1900s we should just put away the American flag entirely. After all the Irish and Italians were treated very racist back then, we were just drunks and garlic eaters were we not? The American flag is just such a grave reminder of this.

Kaepernick makes me sick, he is a disgrace. Nike is a disgrace, I take back my praise comment from before, Id almost rather stay with UA. I stopped buying Nike when they went Kaepernick just like I stopped ESPN when they went Michael Sam and Bruce (Kaitlyn) Jenner. And frankly, I am all the better for it. This is an opportunity for Adidas, UA, or New Balance to step up- they should take every opportunity with a classic American line of sneaker.

Nothing at all wrong with that flag. How weak and feeble these PC entities are. They want an end to racism yet preach division, and give false meaning to things to divide people. It is their invention. There is no "flag" for racism (and no the confederate flag does not qualify either).

SJUFAN

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2019, 01:15:33 PM »
you are also a racist.

I don’t believe many on this board knows the definition of this term.

Marillac

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2019, 01:16:30 PM »
This is still a good country. We just need to do something about our useless white people.

A self-loathing Democrat...how original🙄

It’s weird that any country worth living in is comprised of a majority of “useless white people.” It’s almost like there is a causal relationship? 🤔

Marillac

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2019, 01:17:13 PM »
I don’t believe many on this board knows the definition of this term.

“Useless white people”

SJUFAN

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2019, 01:23:01 PM »
I think this is somewhat of a lateral move. I don’t think UA was a great service provider in terms of volume or variety of product. I think speed of delivery was probably an issue too.

However I do think design attention was pretty solid and our guys got a lot of special attention with footwear.

I think Nike will be able to deliver more product and quicker but it will be bottom end basic stuff.

Some might say this will help with recruiting but I think that’s widely a misconception as you see guys who play for travel/hs teams of one brand go to college at another.

I would have been much more excited about a move back to Jordan. Even the worst product package there would get dudes hyped.

Dave, do you know the specifics of both the former UA and current Nike deal? Curious what is the basis of your opinion that it’s a lateral move.

SJUFAN

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2019, 01:57:48 PM »
“Useless white people”

I don’t get the sense from that comment one feels they are superior over another due solely to their genetic makeup. Now if he said “white people are useless” that would be different.

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2019, 02:04:48 PM »
I don’t get the sense from that comment one feels they are superior over another due solely to their genetic makeup. Now if he said “white people are useless” that would be different.

I actually agree with you. But try replacing it with any other race.
*wipes ketchup from his eyes* - I guess Heinz sight isn’t 20/20.

SJUFAN

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2019, 02:38:32 PM »
I actually agree with you. But try replacing it with any other race.

It’s still a poor choice of words

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2019, 02:47:25 PM »
I actually agree with you SJUFAN, but when is the criteria for racism that you state used when white people are accused of racism. Trump is called a racist by most of the Left in this country, when he is not.

SJUFAN

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2019, 03:00:24 PM »
I actually agree with you SJUFAN, but when is the criteria for racism that you state used when white people are accused of racism. Trump is called a racist by most of the Left in this country, when he is not.

I think the word is often misused all around. I don’t think any of us can say one way or the other whether Trump is racist or not. One can question the nexus behind some of his policy decisions and often classifies it as “racist” when prejudice is probably more appropriate.

Marillac

« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2019, 03:36:52 PM »

What does useless mean to you exactly?  Replace white with literally any other group and Poison would be doxxed and unemployed by week’s end.

Foad

« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2019, 03:43:31 PM »
One can question the nexus behind some of his policy decisions and often classifies it as “racist” when prejudice is probably more appropriate.

Name a couple of his policy decisions that cannot be explained by anything other than racial animus.

SJUFAN

« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2019, 05:21:57 PM »
What does useless mean to you exactly?  Replace white with literally any other group and Poison would be doxxed and unemployed by week’s end.

It’s the placement of the word within the sentence that makes the difference. You’re correct in that if another race was inserted it may have been met with greater visceral. That is more due to a social construct.

Poison

« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2019, 05:51:00 PM »
So, to recap, I think it’s great that we’re back with Nike.

Poison

« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2019, 05:55:47 PM »
Prior to 1912 there were 46 states, prior to 1959 there were 48 states (obviously the only difference in the flag design from today was the amount of stars). So just so we cover all bases- perhaps out of respect for our Irish ancestry from the mid to late 1800s and Italian ancestry from the early 1900s we should just put away the American flag entirely. After all the Irish and Italians were treated very racist back then, we were just drunks and garlic eaters were we not? The American flag is just such a grave reminder of this.

Kaepernick makes me sick, he is a disgrace. Nike is a disgrace, I take back my praise comment from before, Id almost rather stay with UA. I stopped buying Nike when they went Kaepernick just like I stopped ESPN when they went Michael Sam and Bruce (Kaitlyn) Jenner. And frankly, I am all the better for it. This is an opportunity for Adidas, UA, or New Balance to step up- they should take every opportunity with a classic American line of sneaker.

Nothing at all wrong with that flag. How weak and feeble these PC entities are. They want an end to racism yet preach division, and give false meaning to things to divide people. It is their invention. There is no "flag" for racism (and no the confederate flag does not qualify either).

What is your issue with ESPN supporting Michael Sam?

« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2019, 07:03:56 PM »
Promoting a social agenda should never be put before the game on a sports network. This was the beginning of the end of ESPN. No, I did not want to see him getting extra coverage and images of him eating his cake and kissing his boyfriend when I am watching the NFL draft.  Kids are watching too, so classless and political driven. Sam put up good stats and accolades in college and that should have been where it ended- if he was to get drafted he was to get drafted just like every other player that year and assessed in the same light. And no he should also not have gotten coverage as the cover athlete on some of those ESPN covers that year- once I saw him grace, I cancelled it the very next day. It was not about his skill, it was about pushing social policy. Leave that to Fox and CNN.

No one was happier than me when he was cut and out of the league.

Poison

« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2019, 07:16:09 PM »
Promoting a social agenda should never be put before the game on a sports network. This was the beginning of the end of ESPN. No, I did not want to see him getting extra coverage and images of him eating his cake and kissing his boyfriend when I am watching the NFL draft.  Kids are watching too, so classless and political driven. Sam put up good stats and accolades in college and that should have been where it ended- if he was to get drafted he was to get drafted just like every other player that year and assessed in the same light. And no he should also not have gotten coverage as the cover athlete on some of those ESPN covers that year- once I saw him grace, I cancelled it the very next day. It was not about his skill, it was about pushing social policy. Leave that to Fox and CNN.

No one was happier than me when he was cut and out of the league.

Are you from Rock Ridge?

Poison

« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2019, 08:20:36 PM »

Trump is more of a nice person, thief and a paper bag than he is a racist, but he’s pretty f’n racist.

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2019, 08:43:34 PM »
Replace Trump with Poison in your last post and you would be right on.

Marillac

« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2019, 09:25:21 PM »
Trump is more of a nice person, thief and a paper bag than he is a racist, but he’s pretty f’n racist.

You’re the biggest nice person on this site so it’s rich coming from you. You think aligning yourself with the left changes your double-digit IQ and somehow makes you enlightened. You are a cliche.