Starting 5

• 249 replies

Johnny23

Re: Starting 5
« Reply #100 on: August 13, 2019, 07:44:28 AM »
It was a narrative pushed by the almighty internet "insider" and stalker from the other site. Then all the "Yesmen" nodded their heads in agreement.

20-52 in the Big East under Mullin. That's not a narrative, it's a fact. That's not bad, it's atrocious. What are you Mullin's PR guy or something? lol

Bottom line is Mullin was not even an average coach, no one with a clue in the college basketball world would even suggest otherwise. Just be happy that SJU got a veteran, experienced HC in his place.

SJUFAN

« Reply #101 on: August 13, 2019, 02:57:45 PM »
If Mullin wanted to coach he would be here. He quit. He wasn’t getting an extension, Matt was leaving, he quit. He was put on notice and he quit. Stop the false narrative.

Poison

« Reply #102 on: August 13, 2019, 03:07:04 PM »
If Mullin wanted to coach he would be here. He quit. He wasn’t getting an extension, Matt was leaving, he quit. He was put on notice and he quit. Stop the false narrative.

Who was put on notice, and by who?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 03:07:42 PM by Poison »

« Reply #103 on: August 13, 2019, 03:29:15 PM »
Mullin was put on notice by Cragg. Get your shop in order, or Cragg will get the shop in order
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 03:30:21 PM by braintrust »

« Reply #104 on: August 13, 2019, 03:47:25 PM »
For someone who fancies himself as quite intelligent you can be quite dense sometimes. No offense intended.

Foad

« Reply #105 on: August 13, 2019, 04:11:53 PM »
For someone who fancies himself as quite intelligent you can be quite dense sometimes. No offense intended.

For someone whose sent me interminable whiny PMs complaining about e.g. my "resorting to belittling name calling" you're pretty free with the insults. No offense intended.

Foad

« Reply #106 on: August 13, 2019, 04:18:16 PM »
Mullin was put on notice by Cragg. Get your shop in order, or Cragg will get the shop in order

Exactly. Put your house in order Cragg said or we're going to shitcan you and make an impotent offer to the great Porter Moser for 10 million dollars and then when he laughs at us we're going to hire our fourth choice and he's going to recruit a bunch of 2-star recruits and in appreciation we're going to raise ticket prices by 40 percent. Not because St John's fans are idiots, but because they're idyots.

Foad

« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2019, 04:21:17 PM »

So if he wanted to be here he'd be here except he wasn't getting an extension so he wouldn't be here. Brilliant analysis.

Marillac

« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2019, 05:13:22 PM »

Lol

Cragg is an incompetent fool who was an errand boy and interior decorator at Duke. He led the most embarrassing coaching search the Big East has ever seen and was lucky to be bailed out in the 11th hour with Anderson.

« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2019, 05:56:56 PM »
For someone whose sent me interminable whiny PMs complaining about e.g. my "resorting to belittling name calling" you're pretty free with the insults. No offense intended.
I see you've crawled out of your crypt. Private messages are supposed to be kept private you rear of a donkey. Why don't you just FOAD already MFer!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 06:03:31 PM by Celtics11 »

« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2019, 06:12:21 PM »
Lol

Cragg is an incompetent fool who was an errand boy and interior decorator at Duke. He led the most embarrassing coaching search the Big East has ever seen and was lucky to be bailed out in the 11th hour with Anderson.
Fair enough. I think we were very lucky to get Anderson, he is a huge upgrade regarding the coaching and building a staff. Cragg must have thought they had Hurley. But, Mullin was probably told to make changes and he wasn't interested.

Foad

« Reply #111 on: August 13, 2019, 06:29:50 PM »
I see you've crawled out of your crypt. Private messages are supposed to be kept private you rear of a donkey. Why don't you just FOAD already MFer!

Whiny bitch who whines about name calling reduced to name calling when his hypocrisy is exposed.

Marillac

« Reply #112 on: August 13, 2019, 06:42:14 PM »
Fair enough. I think we were very lucky to get Anderson, he is a huge upgrade regarding the coaching and building a staff. Cragg must have thought they had Hurley. But, Mullin was probably told to make changes and he wasn't interested.

We were extremely fortunate to get Anderson. Cragg got played by Hurley and he embarrassed our program. Anderson came together in 48 hours after we had been turned down by multiple less than stellar coaches.

Mullin should have been retained and extended with the stipulation that he hire an x’s and o’s coach and replace Little Matt with Hsu.

« Reply #113 on: August 13, 2019, 07:43:18 PM »
Whiny bitch who whines about name calling reduced to name calling when his hypocrisy is exposed.
Rarely if ever get in back and forth with anyone because I find it childish but in your case I will make an exception. You are the reason we need crypt keepers because an it like you may crawl out. Plus it gives me another opportunity to sincerely wish you would just FOAD!

« Reply #114 on: August 13, 2019, 08:05:40 PM »
That’s what got CMA fired, he wasn’t willing to make staff changes, and now his three other assistants are coaching HS basketball, doing radio, and the other is unemployed, Mike didn’t think he needed help to recruit at Arkansas and he paid for it, he actually has a really good staff now, if they can help him recruit decent to above average players he will be a regular in the tourney and a deep run every few years.

Rodman

« Reply #115 on: August 13, 2019, 09:09:05 PM »
Those were fan perceptions. Nobody knows for sure how hard he worked. I seriously doubt Chris Mullin is capable of being lazy. He took a shitty program to the dance in four years after inheriting dog sh*t. You can’t do that being as lazy as fans say he was.

Yes, you can.  He rode on the coat tails of his name.  He underperformed, pure and simple.  He inherited a team that went to the post season 3 out of the last 4 years so you cant say it was dog sh*t.

« Reply #116 on: August 13, 2019, 11:57:24 PM »
Boy this conversation has really jumped the shark when someone talks about the team Mullin inherited as proof that Mullin was bad.

« Reply #117 on: August 14, 2019, 12:18:15 AM »
Yes, you can.  He rode on the coat tails of his name.  He underperformed, pure and simple.  He inherited a team that went to the post season 3 out of the last 4 years so you cant say it was dog sh*t.

Ok Johnny23.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 12:22:14 AM by Redy2Rumble »

« Reply #118 on: August 14, 2019, 01:42:52 AM »
Amen Carmine. Damn right.

There were problems. Find solutions and fix them. What coach in America (outside of Mike Anderson) wants to come here when we fired Lavin and Mullin after NCAA tourney appearances the first in about 20 years. It's a joke. Can't keep tearing down and expect Rome to be built.
Right is right and wrong is wrong. What I'm saying is right and what St. John's did to it's beloved son was wrong.

When I saw us play St. Thomas Acquinas that first season I knew right away that Chris really had his hands full and the deck stacked against him here.  Running the risk of bragging, my own head coaching record against Stac was 7 - 0 and I sucked.  He was a great theologian but in basketball...not so much.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2019, 01:45:02 AM by carmineabbatiello »

SJUFAN

« Reply #119 on: August 14, 2019, 03:22:36 AM »
So if he wanted to be here he'd be here except he wasn't getting an extension so he wouldn't be here. Brilliant analysis.

Mullin was still under contract. He wasn’t getting an extensionthis year, he had to earn it, which contributed to Matt leaving. What was the chance of him bringing this year’s team to the NCAA tournament? The writing was on the wall and when Matt left who the hell was going to recruit? He would have lost LJ and maybe Heron. He realized he was over his head and did the right thing and resigned.